Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
lambrini

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote:
lambrini wrote:You are stronger than you know.

I am Wonder Womam

:D

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Roy Twing wrote:I've long felt that we're being hoodwinked regarding our health, specifically, preventative healthcare.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the royal family (for example) has so many long-lived members.
Even our pets get annual checkups, yet we tend to go to our GPs only when we have symptoms (often this is too late).
We should be getting/demanding regular full body scans, and the fact that we are not, in the 6th richest country on earth is a very sad indictment.

In Germany full body scans are standard for people over a certain age.
Man U and rangers

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Cancer is boring. One day back at home and I'm bored shitless (literally, I'm on a daily laxative) next we they tell me my tumour's grading. I'll get a timeline for operations etc.

I've named my tumour Katie Hopkins; because its irritating I want someone to cut it.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote:Cancer is boring. One day back at home and I'm bored shitless (literally, I'm on a daily laxative) next we they tell me my tumour's grading. I'll get a timeline for operations etc.

I've named my tumour Katie Hopkins; because its irritating I want someone to cut it.

:lol:

Stay positive, Vespa.

I'm convinced it helps aid recovery.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:Cancer is boring. One day back at home and I'm bored shitless (literally, I'm on a daily laxative) next we they tell me my tumour's grading. I'll get a timeline for operations etc.

Stay positive, Vespa.

I'm in that funny stage where I have cancer but I'm not sick. It all gets graded next week and I'll fund out which of the terrifying operations I'll be having.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Stay positive, Vespa.

I'm in that funny stage where I have cancer but I'm not sick. It all gets graded next week and I'll fund out which of the terrifying operations I'll be having.

Thoughts are with you, Vespa.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Has the cunt got a Twitter account too? :lol:

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kancutlawns wrote:

Has the cunt got a Twitter account too? :lol:

I was toying with giving Katie its own twitter account. They may have to fit me with a poo bag, I was going to call that Steve Baker because it's full of shit.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Got a letter from my employer today telling me I'm now classed as disabled under the 2010 equalities act. No free parking sadly.

Jock Bauer

Post by Jock Bauer »

lambrini wrote:
Macmillan nurses are lovely.

Indeed. I did my will in Jan and after missus and parents are gone it's all going to Macmillan. These people are amazing and your cash really does make a difference.

All the best Vespa, I think you have a great attitude and that is very important.

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

Only just seen this thread.

Wishing you all the best Vespa!

I know 2 people who had bowel cancer: one I was at business school with - he made a full recovery; one I used to train Muay Thai with - again, a full recovery and went back to training.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Stay positive, Vespa.

Sending positive vibes, Vespa.

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Jock Bauer wrote:
Indeed. I did my will in Jan and after missus and parents are gone it's all going to Macmillan. These people are amazing and your cash really does make a difference.

All the best Vespa, I think you have a great attitude and that is very important.

Well done you. The Macmillan nurses act like project managers for your cancer, coordinating all the information so you get the right data at the right time. It's an astonishing service.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Suhari wrote:Only just seen this thread.

Wishing you all the best Vespa!

I know 2 people who had bowel cancer: one I was at business school with - he made a full recovery; one I used to train Muay Thai with - again, a full recovery and went back to training.

At the moment they don't think it's spread beyond my bowel. I get the full-body scan stuff next week as long as it's not gone on tour I'm pretty confident of beating it.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Sorry for my initial shitty reply. But bowel cancer is a fucker. I didn't want to sugar-coat it. Positive thinking is nothing to laugh at. Even going down the Meghan Markle route of writing on banana's etc. Just consider cancer as a fucking war. Fight the fucker. Tell cancer everyday: "I'm not fucking having you, FUCK OFF". Imbue the inner Delia Smith ... " LET'S BE 'AVING YOU!!!".
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.