Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Vespa

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:49 am
Vespa wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:48 pm I just walked my 5km road run route, three weeks ago I had to have some stand at the bottom of the stairs in case I fell down. This appears to be down to blood clots in my lungs which I assume the twice-daily injections of blood thinners are sorting out.

I've also been offered a 3000-word writing gig, I just need the okay from my employer who is paying me to be off sick to agree.

Been a good day.

Great that you have finally have had some positive news, Vespa.

Long may it continue
I'm doing a baby freeletics workout this morning, so I may drop dead doing that.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I'm pleased that you had a good day, Vespa. Keep it up!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Just a note, I won't be commenting on my cancer treatment anymore. I've recently been told by someone on this forum I'm playing 'cancer top trumps'

I can do without that sort of bullshit frankly.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

Vespa wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm Just a note, I won't be commenting on my cancer treatment anymore. I've recently been told by someone on this forum I'm playing 'cancer top trumps'

Who the fuck said that?????
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Vespa wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm Just a note, I won't be commenting on my cancer treatment anymore. I've recently been told by someone on this forum I'm playing 'cancer top trumps'

Were you told by PM? You don't have to take any notice of that.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Were you told by PM? You don't have to take any notice of that.
Possibly this

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 8#p1491998

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

One adverse comment Vespa in a sea of people on here caring how you are getting on and wishing you a successful operation and a full recovery.
Hope you change your mind ,always good to talk
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

You've got to be fucking joking, Vespa :shock: :shock:

I don't care who it is, that should be an instant perma offence. No fucking about with warnings etc. Just kick him out of here for good.

Take no notice of the attention seeking cunt. He's the lowest of the low. Diametric opposite of you. Apart from him, I am pretty sure everyone else on here has been hugely impressed with the way you have dealt with this and continue to do so. I don't think I would have been so stoic in the same situation.

Hope you are doing ok?

I will keep in touch with you viia PM.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Steve Hunt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:34 am

I don't care who it is, that should be an instant perma offence. No fucking about with warnings etc. Just kick him out of here for good.

Take no notice of the attention seeking cunt. He's the lowest of the low. Diametric opposite of you. Apart from him, I am pretty sure everyone else on here has been hugely impressed with the way you have dealt with this and continue to do so. I don't think I would have been so stoic in the same situation.

Hope you are doing ok?

And so say all of us.
There's no poem, just prose.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 am

Hope you are doing ok?

And so say all of us.
Another who echos the above sentiments.
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 am

Hope you are doing ok?

And so say all of us.
+1

subsub

Post by subsub »

Fucking too right.
WOKE AND PROUD

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Bang out of order to be honest.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:19 pm One adverse comment Vespa in a sea of people on here caring how you are getting on and wishing you a successful operation and a full recovery.
People have been very kind and supportive for random folks on the Internet, it's been very touching.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Vespa wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:08 pm
delboy1983 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:19 pm One adverse comment Vespa in a sea of people on here caring how you are getting on and wishing you a successful operation and a full recovery.
People have been very kind and supportive for random folks on the Internet, it's been very touching.
Internet or not we are in contact most days and are behind you as you fight this vile disease.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year