Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Vespa

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by Vespa »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:47 am Best of luck, Vespa. No ICU beds possibly is fucking ridiculous.
There are two grades of ICU beds, I can't remember what they call the lower grade which is the one I need that basically sits a nurse next to me until I wake up. When they run low on the beds they bump scheduled operations - at least they are being honest with me. I'm reasonably confident I'll be okay.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Vespa wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:14 pm
Carlos J wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:47 am Best of luck, Vespa. No ICU beds possibly is fucking ridiculous.
There are two grades of ICU beds, I can't remember what they call the lower grade which is the one I need that basically sits a nurse next to me until I wake up. When they run low on the beds they bump scheduled operations - at least they are being honest with me. I'm reasonably confident I'll be okay.
I'm reasonably confident you'll be okay as well.

I'm reasonably confident about ICU beds as welll.

And good luck next week with your assessment.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I did make other points about the situation, but you are free to quote one sentence.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:30 pm
I did make other points about the situation, but you are free to quote one sentence.
I'm just commenting the bit I know about when my case nurse explains the beds to me. You'll not get an argument from me that the NHS is under resourced.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

No worries old friend. As you know the NHS is a monstrous, but mostly good, beast

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:46 pm No worries old friend. As you know the NHS is a monstrous, but mostly good, beast
It's interesting seeing them work from the inside and come to realise how poorly they are served to serve us. For example, I have a blood test every two weeks at my cancer hospital, which is a different trust from the hospital where my surgery is happening - they can't see the blood test results on the same computer system.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Vespa wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:03 pm
Carlos J wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:46 pm No worries old friend. As you know the NHS is a monstrous, but mostly good, beast
It's interesting seeing them work from the inside and come to realise how poorly they are served to serve us. For example, I have a blood test every two weeks at my cancer hospital, which is a different trust from the hospital where my surgery is happening - they can't see the blood test results on the same computer system.

I know. I use it. Systm1 is so shit and clunky, Best Before End 2005: :shock: Blood tests and synchronising see bottom link:
Some training:

Err, longer, better training:

ICE (Integrated Clinical Environment) is used for test results and pathology, not everyone who has Systm1 access has ICE access. See here: https://www.berkshireandsurreypathology ... sting.aspx :roll:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Anyway, nuff of my shite. Thoughts and hopes with you, Vespa, as always.

davidarthur

Post by davidarthur »

Best of luck Vespa

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I had my last pre-op assessement (I hope) this week. Turns out all the High Dependency Beds have been reserved for COVID but they've built a temporary one for surgical cases so it shouldn't be a problem. They've given me a so-call prehabilitation plan which I need to undertake before the op. It's basically walking and push ups so easy stuff. Just waiting for a date.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Good luck, Vespa.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

paolo

Post by paolo »

Vespa wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 pm I had my last pre-op assessement (I hope) this week. Turns out all the High Dependency Beds have been reserved for COVID but they've built a temporary one for surgical cases so it shouldn't be a problem. They've given me a so-call prehabilitation plan which I need to undertake before the op. It's basically walking and push ups so easy stuff. Just waiting for a date.
going through this, and remaining consistently mentally strong is difficult enough for anyone

add covid to the mix and the underctainty and all that it entails and it';s a mare

not got many sensible words, as per, but your health and recovery are never far from the mind when logging on to tf
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

paolo wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:35 am
Vespa wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 pm I had my last pre-op assessement (I hope) this week. Turns out all the High Dependency Beds have been reserved for COVID but they've built a temporary one for surgical cases so it shouldn't be a problem. They've given me a so-call prehabilitation plan which I need to undertake before the op. It's basically walking and push ups so easy stuff. Just waiting for a date.
going through this, and remaining consistently mentally strong is difficult enough for anyone

add covid to the mix and the underctainty and all that it entails and it';s a mare

not got many sensible words, as per, but your health and recovery are never far from the mind when logging on to tf
Thanks man.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

paolo wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:35 am

Great words, Paolo, and 100% agree.

Enjoy reading your updates, Vespa. Hope you are keeping well and like the P man says, there are many of us thinking about you.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Good luck Vespa,
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year