Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
shabbado

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by shabbado »

Vespa wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Vespa wrote:I'm so bored, never realised how much time I spent running, swimming and riding my bike.

Every day I get up, have a shower, play google Stadia, have lunch then read a book.

I'm living the life of a retired tax inspector.
:shock:

We found the person that bought Google Stadia
I like it works well for me. I can play in on my phone and pixelbook go.
The concept is intriguing. What games are you playing?

I think while Sony and Microsoft are throwing billions into R&D of physical consoles then that media will continue to dominate. It'll take for one of them to move to a onlive / stadia model before we see widespread adoption of cloud gaming

Hope you're keeping well
A joyless arsehole.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

shabbado wrote:
Vespa wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Vespa wrote:I'm so bored, never realised how much time I spent running, swimming and riding my bike.

Every day I get up, have a shower, play google Stadia, have lunch then read a book.

I'm living the life of a retired tax inspector.
:shock:

We found the person that bought Google Stadia
I like it works well for me. I can play in on my phone and pixelbook go.
The concept is intriguing. What games are you playing?

I think while Sony and Microsoft are throwing billions into R&D of physical consoles then that media will continue to dominate. It'll take for one of them to move to a onlive / stadia model before we see widespread adoption of cloud gaming

Hope you're keeping well
Breakpoint mostly played all the Tomb Raiders again and I may give Metro a whirl.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

What about a starting a podcast, Vespa?

Even if its just you rambling and venting about it.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kevin04 wrote:What about a starting a podcast, Vespa?

Even if its just you rambling and venting about it.
I've been on podcasts before, all the editing seems a lot of work.

I have noticed the less I do, the less I want to do - which is worrying, don't want to get lazy.

Off for blood tests today, only a 30-minute drive and ten minutes in the clinic. Sadly I have deep veins so they have to have a few goes to take it.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Have you got a "Maggies" where you are.They are great and certainly helped my wife through some difficult times
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote:Have you got a "Maggies" where you are.They are great and certainly helped my wife through some difficult times
Not seen one, the places I'm at have Macmillan who have lovely people. It's humbling when you see the number of volunteer charity workers in hospital and realise the number of nurses they fund. I've got two cancer nurses, funded by charity donations.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote:Off for blood tests today, only a 30-minute drive and ten minutes in the clinic. Sadly I have deep veins so they have to have a few goes to take it.
Good luck, Vespa.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

How are you, Vespa?
( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:53 am How are you, Vespa?
I'm alright today, I had a litre of chemo pumped into me a week ago and it's powerful stuff. I lost 2kg in two days. I think it's almost out of my system as the numbness in my fingers has gone and I'm taking the other chemo tablets for nine more days then I get a week off.

My only concern is that the big operation to cut Piers (I named my cancer) out of me gets delayed. Although my chemo ends June/July and they give you a month to recover so hopefully operations will be back online.

It'd freak me out to know I had this tumour growing inside me after months of taking drugs to shrink it.

Thanks for asking.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:04 am
I'm alright today, I had a litre of chemo pumped into me a week ago and it's powerful stuff. I lost 2kg in two days. I think it's almost out of my system as the numbness in my fingers has gone and I'm taking the other chemo tablets for nine more days then I get a week off.

My only concern is that the big operation to cut Piers (I named my cancer) out of me gets delayed. Although my chemo ends June/July and they give you a month to recover so hopefully operations will be back online.

It'd freak me out to know I had this tumour growing inside me after months of taking drugs to shrink it.

Thanks for asking.
Stay strong; keep us updated...
( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Thanks for asking.
Fucking hell, sorry to read all of this pal, best of luck to you.

It runs in my wife’s family unfortunately. Her Grandma died in 2016, she had it but it wasn’t what killed her. She’d had several heart attacks and strokes so was fucked anyway. Then last year her uncle died of it, he’d not paid heed to any of the warning signs unfortunately. Also meant I had to go to frigging Aberdeen for the funeral so he really screwed me there :x

On the flip side, her mum was alerted by the above and went to get checked out. She was diagnosed and had immediate treatment and is now thankfully all clear. So at least some good came out of the Uncle’s illness.

One thing I hadn’t considered was the mental health aspect of it. She has suffered from stress-related problems brought on, I would imagine, by the trauma of what she went through along with the residual guilt that she is still here and her brother isn’t. Fortunately she had access to good counselling provided by the hospital. But as someone who hasn’t been through it myself, I’d assumed you’d be over the moon and just get on with your life. I’d never considered the potential for post-traumatic stress and also the general panic any time you notice anything slightly different with your physiology.

So without wanting to come across as patronising in any way (as you’re eminently more qualified to talk about this than me), please remember to take care of your mental health during, and after, your treatment.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Thanks for asking.
Fucking hell, sorry to read all of this pal, best of luck to you.

It runs in my wife’s family unfortunately. Her Grandma died in 2016, she had it but it wasn’t what killed her. She’d had several heart attacks and strokes so was fucked anyway. Then last year her uncle died of it, he’d not paid heed to any of the warning signs unfortunately. Also meant I had to go to frigging Aberdeen for the funeral so he really screwed me there :x

On the flip side, her mum was alerted by the above and went to get checked out. She was diagnosed and had immediate treatment and is now thankfully all clear. So at least some good came out of the Uncle’s illness.

One thing I hadn’t considered was the mental health aspect of it. She has suffered from stress-related problems brought on, I would imagine, by the trauma of what she went through along with the residual guilt that she is still here and her brother isn’t. Fortunately she had access to good counselling provided by the hospital. But as someone who hasn’t been through it myself, I’d assumed you’d be over the moon and just get on with your life. I’d never considered the potential for post-traumatic stress and also the general panic any time you notice anything slightly different with your physiology.

So without wanting to come across as patronising in any way (as you’re eminently more qualified to talk about this than me), please remember to take care of your mental health during, and after, your treatment.
Thanks for this, I think my mental health is okay at the moment (I doubt you never truly know) I rarely worry about anything and I'm essentially a passenger on the treatment train.

It's an important point thanks for raising it.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Jesus, Vesp, my thoughts are with you.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Basualdo wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:00 am Jesus, Vesp, my thoughts are with you.
Thanks

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

You're coping well, Vespa. Take care.
( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see