Optical Illusions

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Roy Twing

Optical Illusions

Post by Roy Twing »

Don't know if there's already a thread or not, but I saw this optical illusion earlier, and thought it might be a good starter for a thread:

https://i.ibb.co/QY1bcNQ/150220.jpg

It's one of those illusions that takes a while to see, but once you do, you can't un-see it (a bit like the fedex arrow).
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

JimmyDee

Re: Optical Illusions

Post by JimmyDee »

Here's an audio illusion:

"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Sonic:

Was a gatefold with extra 10", nearly a ton on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362673708138?var=0
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

There used to be quite popular ones many years ago that just looked like a heap of little colourful splodges that if you squinted or strained your eyesight an almost 3d picture appeared, I cannot remember the name or have found them by a search engine.
Godwin's law

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Do you mean these?
They're called Magic Eye.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Roy Twing wrote:Do you mean these?

That's them, and it took a couple of minutes on remembering how to do them which is basically staring at them until they blend
Godwin's law

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

LOOK AT THIS GRAPH
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:Do you mean these?

That's them, and it took a couple of minutes on remembering how to do them which is basically staring at them until they blend

I really enjoy them, and find it gets quicker & easier to see them the more you look at.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote:Image

The ridges in that image are quite hypnotic if you look long enough. Not sure that’s the objective.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I don't know if anyone looked at the first image I posted (mistakenly put a link instead of the actual image) but it is a psychological test apparently, - just wondering how long it took various people to spot it?

E & OE

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

ToRmAtO wrote:There used to be quite popular ones many years ago that just looked like a heap of little colourful splodges that if you squinted or strained your eyesight an almost 3d picture appeared, I cannot remember the name or have found them by a search engine.

I was walking the dog listening to "the parapod" podcasts and was bent over double with tears streaming down my cheeks when Barry Dodds was recalling the story of him sticking a phone down his pants taking a close up of his ballsack, then showing it to his mum claiming it was a magic eye picture.

The other people in the woods walking past must have thought I was insane.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:There used to be quite popular ones many years ago that just looked like a heap of little colourful splodges that if you squinted or strained your eyesight an almost 3d picture appeared, I cannot remember the name or have found them by a search engine.

I was walking the dog listening to "the parapod" podcasts and was bent over double with tears streaming down my cheeks when Barry Dodds was recalling the story of him sticking a phone down his pants taking a close up of his ballsack, then showing it to his mum claiming it was a magic eye picture.

Wasn't it that he meant to send it to his gf but sent it to his mum instead by mistake and only found out when his mum rang him to ask what it was because his dad has spent half an hour staring at it and was getting angry and a headache trying to figure out what it was?

God, I miss the parapod.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:

Wasn't it that he meant to send it to his gf but sent it to his mum instead by mistake and only found out when his mum rang him to ask what it was because his dad has spent half an hour staring at it and was getting angry and a headache trying to figure out what it was?

God, I miss the parapod.

The best mis-sent text I recall was someone quite famous (I forget who) who sent a text to his girlfriend about looking forward to meeting her in some motel in Leicester and “fucking your brains out” (or words to that effect).

His dad texted him back, saying, “Must it be Leicester?”
Roy IN!!

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Go and try it at home.