India

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Jonathan

Re: India

Post by Jonathan »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:28 am
Jonathan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:25 am Have been watching The Real Marigold Hotel on BBC One that was all on India. They ended up at a place in the foothills of The Himalayas. Looks an absolutely stunning place especially if you have a few bob. Much better climate as well.
Yeah, saw the first show in the series. Haven't followed it to be honest, enjoyed finding out about the French colonial history in the town they were staying in.
Its been a bit hit and miss but the last one in the series is worth watching.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It's actually a decent and watchable long running series, very engaging and nicely paced. Watched the previous ones.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

A query for viks.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

viks

Post by viks »

Zippy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am A query for viks.
Yes it is. I went last year in fact. A brilliant place to visit
India the economic Superpower

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Not if you aren’t a Hindu nationalist. The BJP and Modi are supremacist cunts who are in Trump’s pants. Enough said.

viks

Post by viks »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:30 pm Not if you aren’t a Hindu nationalist. The BJP and Modi are supremacist cunts who are in Trump’s pants. Enough said.
Oh the uneducated.

Fact - Modi has won two successive landslide victories and is currently serving his second term as India's democratically elected Prime Minister. He wouldn't have been able to win such a large margin without the support of minorities especially Indian muslims. In fact my brother in law is a Muslim and he voted for Modi. He twice won a bigger mandate than Trump, Theresa May or even Boris.

Modi can be best described as India''s Thatcher or Reagan. Obviously the left in India (funded by the West) such as Communist Party of India, Indian National Congress (funded by Vatican/catholic church) are going to use the race card against him.

He is not a supremacist- he is for big business (India's industrialists for example) and sometimes goes against these paymasters (demonetisation for example).

Throughout his tenure as PM he has been on good terms with both Obama and Trump as well as UK prime ministers David Cameron (who opened for Modi at Wembley - I was there in the crowd). Also Boris Johnson is a fan and has three Modi allies in key cabinet positions - Chancellor Rishi Sunak (son in law of an Indian industrialist), Priti Patel home secretary and Alok Sharma business secretary.

Even the leader of Her Majesty's opposition and leader of The Labour party Sir Keir Starmar has supported the current Indian government's position on Kashmir.

Also in America Modi has the support of prominent Trump critic the politician ( and former Democrat party presidential nominee) Tulsi Gabbard.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Don’t talk shit. Rishi Sunak and Priti Patel. That’s the best you can come up with? The cunt Modi’s bankrupting the country - the unemployment rate reached an all time high towards the end of last year, export dropped and the economy has really slowed down and this was BEFORE coronavirus.

You’re really scraping the barrel when you say that Boris Johnson is a fan.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Spent 4 months travelling India between 1999/2000 and went back to Goa for a two week holiday in 2007.

I loved it, it's the craziest place I've been to.

It's probably changed a lot now though with car ownership a lot more prevalent.

viks

Post by viks »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:53 pm Don’t talk shit. Rishi Sunak and Priti Patel. That’s the best you can come up with? The cunt Modi’s bankrupting the country - the unemployment rate reached an all time high towards the end of last year, export dropped and the economy has really slowed down and this was BEFORE coronavirus.

You’re really scraping the barrel when you say that Boris Johnson is a fan.
How am I talking shit?

Boris Johnson will be prime minister of UK for minimum 10 years no matter what people on the left think of him - I'm a remainer and couldn't bring myself to vote for him back in December but it will take Keir Starmer 2 general elections to erode the Tory majority.

Considering his age Rishi Sunak may well one day be the first BAME Prime Minister or leader of Her Majesty,'s opposition ( he drinks Yorkshire tea - there's the Northern vote- I prefer PG Tips myself)). Priti Patel (who I'm not a big fan of ) and Alok Sharma will be around in government for a long time.

As for Modi bankrupting the economy. ? - most countries round the World (including USA, UK and China) have taken big economic hits due to COVID-19: India is no different although there are signs that due to Modi's diplomacy with the West that many global multi nationals are considering shifting their manufacturing base from China to India. Modi unlike Trump or Boris is playing the long game to economic recovery and hasn't bowed down to commercia and political pressures for a quick reopening of the economy following lockdown due to the pandemic (it's ironic that on one hand the BBC and Guardian when on one hand criticising the UK government for not implementing the lockdown a lot sooner then they did and on the other hand criticising Modi for acting swiftly to impose a lockdown? - and I am a big Guardian reader and rely on BBC for news coverage rather than ITN or Sky News.

And a final e economic point - both John Major (in 92) and Margaret Thatcher (in 83 - landslide) won elections when UK economy was down. Modi did the same in 2019 and still has high poll numbers.

This forum - "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

viks

Post by viks »

I'd also like to point out the support Modi has in many middle eastern countries. Eg the UAE awarded him with their highest civillian award back in August

viks

Post by viks »

Well

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I went twice to New Delhi for work. I don't think I'd go for a holiday, but it was good fun. I wasn't allowed by work to book a car so had a driver - I felt so posh!
Last edited by Vespa on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

:D Viks!!!!!
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

viks wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:52 pmWell
Get in the fucking Bindia