Travel advice sought.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
VeritasVincit

Re: Travel advice sought.

Post by VeritasVincit »

Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:43 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:34 pm
Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:26 am Long story short, ol’ Pet and the big girl were due to attend a wedding near Malaga, Spain at the end of July.

I booked the flights in late December.

The wedding has been postponed for exactly a year and will now occur, all being well, at the end of July 2021.

On their website, Easyjet will allow people to change flight dates free of charge so long as one is not due to travel within the next fourteen days.....and I have already availed of this regarding a trip down t’ Algarve later this month.

Problem for me is their timetable only goes up to May next year and the July flights will not be released until August this year.

I have been trying to call Easyjet but it seems impossible to get through to them these days :(

Travelling abroad in July isn’t really an option for me as it would be too soon after my own “12 week lockdown” ends.

Anyone know if it is even worth my while continuing to chase Easyjet for a refund or even a voucher or owt?
On-line Easyjet have a form for getting a refund.
They've just e-mailed me to tell me my flight to Madrid later this month is cancelled and directing me to this on-line refund form.
I'm waitiing for the return flight to be cancelled then I will claim for the whole package.
I don't know how long it takes the money to come through.

They are cancelling flights on a rolling basis, a week at a time, roughly a week ahead of the schedule.

Yes, there is no problem when the flight is cancelled, V.

My Faro flight in a fortnight was cancelled and I had a range of options, all very favourabke.

The probkem is my Malaga flight is still scheduled :(
If you want a refund I think that hanging on is the only way, assuming that they will cancel it eventually. They aren't going to cancel very far ahead. I had a look at a couple of departure airports and the pattern is the same; cancelled only a week or so in the future.
My e-mail said Claim a voucher for the full value of your ticket. Valid for 12 months a voucher gives you the flexibility to book travel to anywhere when you're ready to fly. You can request the voucher via Manage Bookings.
So I presume you could take that and book when flights are published.
Either way it's a bit of a bugger.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:03 pm
Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:26 am Long story short, ol’ Pet and the big girl were due to attend a wedding near Malaga, Spain at the end of July.

The wedding has been postponed for exactly a year and will now occur, all being well, at the end of July 2021.

On their website, Easyjet will allow people to change flight dates free of charge so long as one is not due to travel within the next fourteen days.....and I have already availed of this regarding a trip down t’ Algarve later this month.

Problem for me is their timetable only goes up to May next year and the July flights will not be released until August this year.

I have been trying to call Easyjet but it seems impossible to get through to them these days :(

Travelling abroad in July isn’t really an option for me as it would be too soon after my own “12 week lockdown” ends.

Anyone know if it is even worth my while continuing to chase Easyjet for a refund or even a voucher or owt?
They've just e-mailed me to tell me my flight to Madrid later this month is cancelled and directing me to this on-line refund form.
I'm waitiing for the return flight to be cancelled then I will claim for the whole package.

They are cancelling flights on a rolling basis, a week at a time, roughly a week ahead of the schedule.

My Faro flight in a fortnight was cancelled and I had a range of options, all very favourabke.

If you want a refund I think that hanging on is the only way, assuming that they will cancel it eventually. They aren't going to cancel very far ahead. I had a look at a couple of departure airports and the pattern is the same; cancelled only a week or so in the future.
My e-mail said Claim a voucher for the full value of your ticket. Valid for 12 months a voucher gives you the flexibility to book travel to anywhere when you're ready to fly. You can request the voucher via Manage Bookings.

I have come up with a cunning plan.

At the moment I can change the flight date at no extra cost.

Any subsequent changes will carry a £32 pp each way charge....£128.

So if I change to a random date between now and next May, then in August when next July’s timetable comes out I can change to the dates I want.

It will cost £128 but at least I won’t lose the entire £400 I face losing at the moment.

:)

Thanks for your help, V :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:15 pm

So if I change to a random date between now and next May, then in August when next July’s timetable comes out I can change to the dates I want.
It will cost £128 but at least I won’t lose the entire £400 I face losing at the moment.

Bad news ol' Pet and all who lost holidays and waiting for cash. I wouldn't do that and would follow VV's advice and wait for them to cancel, they will do it eventually. And they don't, keep any eye on their website about flights.

As always, look at our friends on PPRuNe, a thread about Easyjet job losses: https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/632 ... -cuts.html Though a pilots forum, there is a link to a BBC article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52830665 which says they are going to restart flights on June 15. So look then what flights they are running, it will be a skeleton service. As said, I'd wait at least until then and try save yourself some cash.
Eaststand wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:15 am they legally have to refund you. It just will take absolutely ages, probably due to the insane backlog, Ive been told I will get my flight to Thailand money back, but it will take a minimum of 6 months.
Was supposed to go stateside mid-May for a couple of weeks, flights with Norwegian. Got an email a month or so before asking if wanting a voucher +25%. As Norwegian is in financial shite anyway and might not be here next year, went for a refund.

And lo, refunds are already back in my account now.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah I know Im gonna get mine, youve just got wait, depending on the size of the airline, I guess, its going to take time for them to get through the backlog, lets not forget they have to refund pretty much every ticket in the world at this stage
Build Back More Betterer

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Carlos J wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:29 am
Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Bad news ol' Pet and all who lost holidays and waiting for cash. I wouldn't do that and would follow VV's advice and wait for them to cancel, they will do it eventually. And they don't, keep any eye on their website about flights.

As always, look at our friends on PPRuNe, a thread about Easyjet job losses: https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/632 ... -cuts.html Though a pilots forum, there is a link to a BBC article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52830665 which says they are going to restart flights on June 15. So look then what flights they are running, it will be a skeleton service. As said, I'd wait at least until then and try save yourself some cash.
Eaststand wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:15 am they legally have to refund you. It just will take absolutely ages, probably due to the insane backlog, Ive been told I will get my flight to Thailand money back, but it will take a minimum of 6 months.
Was supposed to go stateside mid-May for a couple of weeks, flights with Norwegian. Got an email a month or so before asking if wanting a voucher +25%. As Norwegian is in financial shite anyway and might not be here next year, went for a refund.

And lo, refunds are already back in my account now.

Thanks for that CJ.

I amdue to fly on July 15th so I will indeed wait intil the last possibke moment, July 1st, before hatching my cunning plan.

Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Eaststand wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:02 am Yeah I know Im gonna get mine, youve just got wait, depending on the size of the airline, I guess, its going to take time for them to get through the backlog, lets not forget they have to refund pretty much every ticket in the world at this stage
Waiting isn't that bad when you know you are going to get it. I just hope they don't go bust, which will prolong things even further.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Eaststand wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:03 pm
Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:54 pm
Eaststand wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:51 am
Vespa wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:50 am Doesn't the cock give them away?
Its more the desperate dan chins.

I always thought it was the Adam’s Apple which gave them away.
I think the hormones they take makes that retract.

Its the incredibly manly chins that you can see a mile off.
They have their Adams apples surgically 'shaved' to make them less prominent.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

This morning Easyjet finally cancelled my return flight, the outgoing one was cancelled last week.
I've submitted the form to claim a refund, so this will be a demonstration of how long the delay before payment is,

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:49 am This morning Easyjet finally cancelled my return flight, the outgoing one was cancelled last week.
I've submitted the form to claim a refund, so this will be a demonstration of how long the delay before payment is,
TUI told me four weeks, but they promised I'd get the refund voucher three times before I got it, so I'm expecting to wait longer.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:08 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:49 am This morning Easyjet finally cancelled my return flight, the outgoing one was cancelled last week.
TUI told me four weeks, but they promised I'd get the refund voucher three times before I got it, so I'm expecting to wait longer.
TUI are one of our clients. They still owe us dosh from months ago. Cunts.
WOKE AND PROUD

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

If anyone is sick of waiting for a cancelled holiday/flight and has paid at least £100 of the holiday on a credit card (even if it was just the deposit) just phone your card company and say you want to make a section 75 claim, they will pay you out the full cost within 2 weeks and chase the company themselves for the money.
Brilliantly Honest

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

from response from Easyjet.
".......we will try our best to complete your request within 28 days following submission."
We'll see!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ol' Pet. Only a couple of days till Easyjet on June 15 release their schedule as per old link. A look now says all flights July 15 sold out, means cancelled.

Keep an eye on it and flights there and back. Assume you are going Liverpool to Malaga. There will be fuck all tourists so likely cancel it. Then go refund. Only if still flying do a rebooking or get voucher.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Eaststand wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:02 am Yeah I know Im gonna get mine, youve just got wait, depending on the size of the airline, I guess, its going to take time for them to get through the backlog, lets not forget they have to refund pretty much every ticket in the world at this stage
Sorry, Landlord, didn't reply to this earlier. Norwegian are in financial shit and shares to stock and stuff, See our friends again on PPRuNe: https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/625 ... egian.html

Even in their shit financial state, got my refunds from Norwegian within a week of expected flight times,

Some are better than others, though credit card companies holding payments is also an issue.

And that is why I hope Norwegian survive. Low cost, long haul never a coin maker, but have always had bewtiful service with them. Love the 787 Dreamliner. :)

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

In a similar situation most others on this thread.

Flights booked on Easy jet however the flight is showing as 'sold out'

If, as i fear, the flights are cancelled what come back do we have for the hotel we have booked?

Are easy jet liable for the hotel as well or is that one for travel insurance?
A joyless arsehole.