Travel advice sought.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Travel advice sought.

Post by Carlos J »

shabbado wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:06 pm In a similar situation most others on this thread.

Flights booked on Easy jet however the flight is showing as 'sold out'

If, as i fear, the flights are cancelled what come back do we have for the hotel we have booked?

Are easy jet liable for the hotel as well or is that one for travel insurance?
Sold out is just their term for not taking more bookings now. Might he cancelled.

Did you book hotels with Easyjet or as part of a package? If so, might be ATOL protected. If not, think you need to contact the hotel. Depends when it is and if it's open for business. If closed you should be entitled to a refund, if it's open for business, try your luck with them. If booked through Booking.com or similar, try going through them. They've been great with me.

Some insurance companies are being arses on Covid, check their website.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Googled 'Easyjet holidays' where, if you trawl through [they never make it too easy] thereis a note that Easyjet holidays can be refunded.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Thanks for the replies.

Flights and hotels booked separate.

Looks like we'll have to wait for Easy Jet to confirm the cancellation and then cancel the hotel.
A joyless arsehole.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Is anyone planning to go on holiday later this year? Apparently some countries are preparing to open up to foreign visitors again, including Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Turkey.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

I've had to cancel two trips and one was postponed to September but I'm going to cancel it too. Doesn't seem any point. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a holiday spending the entire time thinking about having to being quarantined on the way back if anything changed, or suddenly everything shutting while I'm away, or worrying about getting symptoms before travelling and then being stopped at the airport and being unable to claim the costs back. I'll just wait until next year.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Jon Gout wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:47 am I've had to cancel two trips and one was postponed to September but I'm going to cancel it too. Doesn't seem any point. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a holiday spending the entire time thinking about having to being quarantined on the way back if anything changed, or suddenly everything shutting while I'm away, or worrying about getting symptoms before travelling and then being stopped at the airport and being unable to claim the costs back. I'll just wait until next year.
Where were you going to go on holiday?

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Robert Heenan wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:52 pm
Jon Gout wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:47 am I've had to cancel two trips and one was postponed to September but I'm going to cancel it too. Doesn't seem any point. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a holiday spending the entire time thinking about having to being quarantined on the way back if anything changed, or suddenly everything shutting while I'm away, or worrying about getting symptoms before travelling and then being stopped at the airport and being unable to claim the costs back. I'll just wait until next year.
July/August was Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany and Italy (mostly by train but had a flight there, flight from Paris to Berlin, and flight back home), and September was to LA (annual visit to see wife's family).

I finally heard back from Virgin earlier two weeks after requesting a "voucher" from them for the LA trip. It doesn't sound too bad... if I book before the end of Nov. 2020 to go before Oct. 2022 then it won't cost any extra, if I book anything after that I'll just pay the difference if it costs more. That's fine by me (as long as they don't go bust).

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Jon Gout wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:35 pm
July/August was Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany and Italy (mostly by train but had a flight there, flight from Paris to Berlin, and flight back home), and September was to LA (annual visit to see wife's family).

I finally heard back from Virgin earlier two weeks after requesting a "voucher" from them for the LA trip. It doesn't sound too bad... if I book before the end of Nov. 2020 to go before Oct. 2022 then it won't cost any extra, if I book anything after that I'll just pay the difference if it costs more. That's fine by me (as long as they don't go bust).
You got a wife?

I thought you were homosexual

Anyway what do you think of LA?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Robert Heenan wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:41 pm

You got a wife?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ol' Pet. What was the outcome?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Robert Heenan wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:41 pm

You got a wife?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Robert Heenan wrote:

You got a wife?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fucking bobbles with the zingers
Build Back More Betterer

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Homosexuals :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eaststand