Travel advice sought.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Petingo

Travel advice sought.

Post by Petingo »

Long story short, ol’ Pet and the big girl were due to attend a wedding near Malaga, Spain at the end of July.

I booked the flights in late December.

The wedding has been postponed for exactly a year and will now occur, all being well, at the end of July 2021.

On their website, Easyjet will allow people to change flight dates free of charge so long as one is not due to travel within the next fourteen days.....and I have already availed of this regarding a trip down t’ Algarve later this month.

Problem for me is their timetable only goes up to May next year and the July flights will not be released until August this year.

I have been trying to call Easyjet but it seems impossible to get through to them these days :(

Travelling abroad in July isn’t really an option for me as it would be too soon after my own “12 week lockdown” ends.

Anyone know if it is even worth my while continuing to chase Easyjet for a refund or even a voucher or owt?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Eaststand

Re: Travel advice sought.

Post by Eaststand »

they legally have to refund you. It just will take absolutely ages, probably due to the insane backlog, Ive been told I will get my flight to Thailand money back, but it will take a minimum of 6 months.
Build Back More Betterer

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Eaststand wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:15 am they legally have to refund you. It just will take absolutely ages, probably due to the insane backlog, Ive been told I will get my flight to Thailand money back, but it will take a minimum of 6 months.
Thailand, you say

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Oh you recognise them, let me tell you, its hilarious.
Build Back More Betterer

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Doesn't the cock give them away?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Vespa wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:50 am Doesn't the cock give them away?
Its more the desperate dan chins.
Build Back More Betterer

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Only accept the ABTA Refund Credit Note, valid until January 31 2021, if you know now whether or not you'll be able to travel later this year or during 2021. I imagine this depends on your job, annual leave, etcetera. Travel agencies are imploring customers to take this option, and rightly so to save their businesses. However, if it isn't feasible for you, then ask for a refund.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

😂

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Should have travelled 6th April, still waiting for a refund from Tui. Shops closed, can't get through on phone. They won't refund untll they send you a voucher and then you have to apply. Staff furloughed so basically fucked. Have written to HO and posted letter through shop letterbox. Hoping they will open on 15th but queues will be enormous.

Problem is if they go bust, it will take even longer.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Eaststand wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:15 am they legally have to refund you. It just will take absolutely ages, probably due to the insane backlog, Ive been told I will get my flight to Thailand money back, but it will take a minimum of 6 months.

I don’t think so in this case, Innkeeper.

The flight has not been cancelled and I am pretty sure that a cancelled wedding would come under the non occurrence of a specific event remedy.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Eaststand wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:51 am

I always thought it was the Adam’s Apple which gave them away.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:54 pm

:lol: :lol:
Er, all of the above!
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:54 pm

I think the hormones they take makes that retract.

Its the incredibly manly chins that you can see a mile off.
Build Back More Betterer

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:26 am Long story short, ol’ Pet and the big girl were due to attend a wedding near Malaga, Spain at the end of July.

The wedding has been postponed for exactly a year and will now occur, all being well, at the end of July 2021.

On their website, Easyjet will allow people to change flight dates free of charge so long as one is not due to travel within the next fourteen days.....and I have already availed of this regarding a trip down t’ Algarve later this month.

Problem for me is their timetable only goes up to May next year and the July flights will not be released until August this year.

I have been trying to call Easyjet but it seems impossible to get through to them these days :(

Travelling abroad in July isn’t really an option for me as it would be too soon after my own “12 week lockdown” ends.

Anyone know if it is even worth my while continuing to chase Easyjet for a refund or even a voucher or owt?
On-line Easyjet have a form for getting a refund.
They've just e-mailed me to tell me my flight to Madrid later this month is cancelled and directing me to this on-line refund form.
I'm waitiing for the return flight to be cancelled then I will claim for the whole package.
I don't know how long it takes the money to come through.

They are cancelling flights on a rolling basis, a week at a time, roughly a week ahead of the schedule.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:34 pm
Petingo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:26 am Long story short, ol’ Pet and the big girl were due to attend a wedding near Malaga, Spain at the end of July.

On-line Easyjet have a form for getting a refund.
They've just e-mailed me to tell me my flight to Madrid later this month is cancelled and directing me to this on-line refund form.
I'm waitiing for the return flight to be cancelled then I will claim for the whole package.
I don't know how long it takes the money to come through.

They are cancelling flights on a rolling basis, a week at a time, roughly a week ahead of the schedule.

Yes, there is no problem when the flight is cancelled, V.

My Faro flight in a fortnight was cancelled and I had a range of options, all very favourabke.

The probkem is my Malaga flight is still scheduled :(