Losing a Pet

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
blues4ever

Re: Losing a Pet

Post by blues4ever »

Hillman avenger wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:25 pm We just took her for her last walk and we will need to take her to the vet in ten minutes.
She just plodded around, where she used to charge about looking for food and chasing rabbits.
I know it's right but it's so hard.

Best wishes.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Hillman avenger wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:25 pm We just took her for her last walk and we will need to take her to the vet in ten minutes.
She just plodded around, where she used to charge about looking for food and chasing rabbits.
Very sorry to hear that, Hillman.
It's a horrible thing to do, but you're doing the best for her.

Take care, pal.
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Ditto Hillman.

God, my boy is doddering around now and I'm dreading the time...he's not ill afik, just old and the vet (who i trust) doesnt even want to risk putting him under to check.

Remember the good times...heres my boy after getting the snip. Is he thinking...you've already had my balls off you're not getting this...?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

So sorry, Hillo.

You're a good man and warm wishes to you and the good lady.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

My heart goes out to you, Hillman. 😢

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Thank you
We have been heartbroken.
The vet was very good. She never liked going there so the vet came out to the car park and did it while Mollie lay on her bed in my wife's estate car. I was amazed how quickly it worked but I had a mad urge to pull the line out just as she depressed the syringe.
We will take her ashes to a couple of beaches she used to love where she loved having a paddle and persecuting families having picnics.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Ashes on the beach is just what we did when my dog Charlie died [or rather was put to sleep because of a brain tumour].
He's on Formby beach.
Our local vets are very good. I stayed with my dog all the time, then they left us alone for a while. He just lay there looking asleep.
Back in the waiting room, they have a little candle light which they put on so that others waiting know what's been happening and don't do/say anything insensitive.
You have my sympathy, because I've been through it and it's not an easy thing to do although you always know you are helping them.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Best wishes, Hillman.
antdad wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:25 pm Ditto Hillman.

God, my boy is doddering around now and I'm dreading the time...he's not ill afik, just old and the vet (who i trust) doesnt even want to risk putting him under to check.

Remember the good times...heres my boy after getting the snip. Is he thinking...you've already had my balls off you're not getting this...?

Great pic, antdad.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

Thanks CJ, my last mutt who I took ownership of after my Dad passed away was buried near him fifteen years later. Lucky the groundskeeper didn't notice.

Hillman avenger

VeritasVincit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:30 am Ashes on the beach is just what we did when my dog Charlie died [or rather was put to sleep because of a brain tumour].
He's on Formby beach.
Our local vets are very good. I stayed with my dog all the time, then they left us alone for a while. He just lay there looking asleep.
Back in the waiting room, they have a little candle light which they put on so that others waiting know what's been happening and don't do/say anything insensitive.
You have my sympathy, because I've been through it and it's not an easy thing to do although you always know you are helping them.
We may well put some of her at Formby. She used to chase the rabbits there but never caught one.
Parker and Crowther?
Where fo you live then?

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I'm Salford. We used to drive over there every few weeks. I've been doing that for nearly twenty years.
All my dogs have been there and loved it. And none ever got near a rabbit either, although we found one halfway down a rabbit hole.

Hillman avenger

We live in Southport, about 5 miles up the road.
Very fond of Lifeboat Road, Victoria Road and Ainsdale.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

We normally go to Lifeboat Road. It's an easier walk, on the boardwalk, to the beach.
The National Trust have taken over the car park and it's a bit pricy now. Cheaper to park near the church and walk through the woods.

Half my family originated in Southport, although I don't think there are any left there now., except in the cemetery.
When I did family history using census records, half the town seemed to have the same name.

Hillman avenger

There are some very local names.
A lot of Rimmers, for example.
Plus surnames that go back to the reformation, like Molyneux. Catholicism survived quite well in West Lancashire.
Give me a pm if you are over.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

There used to be lots of Wrights.
We'll be going there sometime, but probably not until the present problems subside a bit.