Losing a Pet

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
chelseachelsea

Re: Losing a Pet

Post by chelseachelsea »

Sad news Zippy, I wish you well, some people just don,t understand the connection with a Dog and a family.

I've had Dogs all my life, since having kids and being married, Max a Border Collie, was our hero, best dog you could have.

Max was 13, when his back legs gave up, when he was put down, there was me and the wife, 5 kids, both In Laws, crying there hearts out, at the Vets.

Whenever I see a Border Collie, I instinctively think of Max

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Sad news Zippy. :( My old cat died a few years back, had him since a kitten, was from a friends litter so saw him from a few days old. Lovely fella. Remember the fun and good times.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

We are dogsitting a Schnauzer for three weeks from today.

My version of the big girl's sister is away. Happily do it, we said.

He's two in November and really well behaved. A bit wary at the start of new house but a couthy wee thing overall and took him out for a walk. No bother in the shower.

I'm so dense that I'm sitting on the sofa watching Benji with him (thinking he'd like it).

I know some folk don't care for dogs or pets in general, but I really like animals especially dogs. Once the big girl finishes her studies, depending on circumstances I hope we can look in to getting one - she's not super keen on them, but not against it either - although think it would depend on where we were living. Think a house or a first floor flat is mauve more suitable for one?

Anyhoos, god bless Zip and hope you're OK. :)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Condolences, , Zippy! :(
Actor James Stewart loved his beloved dog Beau, and gave a tearful eulogy:

😭😭😭😭😭
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

paolo

Post by paolo »

Sadact7 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:32 am
paolo wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:36 am
Zippy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:54 pm Isn't it one of the worst things?

My 12 year old brown labrador passed away this morning. He had a few health issues this past year but had a bleed on the brain last night. By this morning he couldn't even move and it had to be done.

It's a fact of life that these things happen but it never gets any easier. I'll miss the boy. :(
gutted, old pal

best thing is, that in time, you'll realise that you gave the little rascal a brilliant life

and that counts

i have my lab from scotland over here....7 weeks old when i got him, he's 9 now, and going grey....we go into the bush all the time, and when i walk him later and give him his goodnight cuddle, we'll have a few words and sniffles for ur brown lab

all the best
Was that the dog that fucked off for miles at midnight on the moors up Turvin Road near the White House?

:D
yes the little cunt

t'other side ut brown cow over suicide bridge

still fucks off

taking the wee spastic out towards bamfield tomorrow, he'll do 25 km
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:53 pm My old cat died a few years back, had him since a kitten, was from a friends litter so saw him from a few days old. Lovely fella. Remember the fun and good times.
That's the part people without pets just don't get. You're not only crying for them, you're crying for your younger self, and you can't turn back the clock.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I thought this Fred might be Peter petingo walking into t'mersey having watched da toffeemen royally shit the bed
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:26 pm I thought this Fred might be Peter petingo walking into t'mersey having watched da toffeemen royally shit the bed
Ha, I did think maybe the title implied Ol' Pet had been misplaced like a set of car keys.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

My 12 year old brown labrador passed away this morning. He had a few health issues this past year but had a bleed on the brain last night. By this morning he couldn't even move and it had to be done.

It's a fact of life that these things happen but it never gets any easier. I'll miss the boy. :(
I'm so sorry.
I know how you feel.
We are probably about to have to have our loved Mollie to sleep.
A rescue dog, full of character and just on the right side of naughty.
She has some kind of digestive problem, so food is going right through her whatever diet we give her.
She met her old pal Badger this morning and one time you would have struggled to stop them charging off chasing pheasants. But today while she recognised him that was about it.
My wife has had two former dogs but this is the one I have become attached to. I dread taking her to the vet and her trusting us taking her in.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:22 am
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:26 pm I thought this Fred might be Peter petingo walking into t'mersey having watched da toffeemen royally shit the bed
Ha, I did think maybe the title implied Ol' Pet had been misplaced like a set of car keys.
You gonna get another dog anytime soon Zippo?

My advice would be to wait a while until you’ve properly been able to bid goodbye to the old fella. Otherwise any dog you get is just going to be a square peg in a round whole.

When our old border collie died at 16 (we got him when I was 12) my mum and dad were obviously heartbroken and their whole routine had been based around him. They said they weren’t going to get another as they couldn’t bear it.

A year or so later they finally got a new border collie and, even though she’s a totally different personality, they love her for herself, rather than always comparing her to the old boy.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Hillman avenger wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:24 pm

I'm so sorry.
I know how you feel.
We are probably about to have to have our loved Mollie to sleep.
A rescue dog, full of character and just on the right side of naughty.
She has some kind of digestive problem, so food is going right through her whatever diet we give her.
She met her old pal Badger this morning and one time you would have struggled to stop them charging off chasing pheasants. But today while she recognised him that was about it.
My wife has had two former dogs but this is the one I have become attached to. I dread taking her to the vet and her trusting us taking her in.
Sucks dude, sorry about that
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Losing a pet sucks, big time.

Specially dogs. Their love is unconditional.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Had a pet rat once. Ate it.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

lambrini wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:20 am Condolences, , Zippy! :(
Actor James Stewart loved his beloved dog Beau, and gave a tearful eulogy:

😭😭😭😭😭

My favourite actor and a clip that’s been played to death in my house. Never a dry eye and despite the sadness it’s something that may convince anybody who’s lost a pet to consider finding a new buddy.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:22 am
You gonna get another dog anytime soon Zippo?

My advice would be to wait a while until you’ve properly been able to bid goodbye to the old fella. Otherwise any dog you get is just going to be a square peg in a round whole.

When our old border collie died at 16 (we got him when I was 12) my mum and dad were obviously heartbroken and their whole routine had been based around him. They said they weren’t going to get another as they couldn’t bear it.

A year or so later they finally got a new border collie and, even though she’s a totally different personality, they love her for herself, rather than always comparing her to the old boy.
Sorry about the late reply! Yeah, I think we'll give it a year and then get another one. Probably another labrador - can't go wrong with one of those.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca