Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
VeritasVincit

Re: Climate Protesting Twats

Post by VeritasVincit »

To refer back to the 'do as I say not do as I do' protesters;
Emma Thompson flew from Los Angeles [a mere 5400miles] to join the protests.
She stated, "If I could fly cleanly , I would."

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

VeritasVincit wrote:To refer back to the 'do as I say not do as I do' protesters;
Emma Thompson flew from Los Angeles [a mere 5400miles] to join the protests.
She stated, "If I could fly cleanly , I would."

So would we all, but we can't. Most people don't protest, knowing full well that they are as guilty of polluting if not more so, than the rest of society. That is what makes the dungaree-wearing, bag of bones a complete hypocrite.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Not got a dog in the fight, well UEA alumnus, (like dear old Carc) 8) but that's a non-botherer and know not enough to counter untruths, but like his last paragraph about Davey Boy Attenborough.

Landlord. Roy quoted Breitbart. :vom: :wnk:

Unfortunately, you will only find the one hymn sheet in the MSM on most topics of today. (obviously there are 2 possible reasons for this in most cases).
It does however, almost seem that you're breaking your golden rule there carlos, by seemingly attacking the player.
Surely it's fair to present an alternative viewpoint, and surely the content should be scrutinised and criticised, rather than the source?

You are of course correct, Roy. It was intended as a jocular remark relating to past long debates about Breitbart. The vomit and wank smileys I hoped at least to show no preference in the debate.

I shall endure Sisyphean tasks for a day as punishment. Happy Easter.

The Daily Mail is a gateway drug to the more hard stuff like Reichbart.

The opposite view would be the guardian/BBC.
Wouldn't you agree?

No.

:rolleyes:

Well argued.

Yes.
I try to give at least as good as I get,
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Hyde Park this morning once the retards had left.

Yeah, they truly give a shit. It's not just a reason for utter cunts to pretend to be outraged and feel smug at allImage

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Roy Twing wrote:Interesting counter argument to the BBC's recent 'impartial' show on Climate Change - The Facts.
(Awaiting the usual strawmen):

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/0 ... AoxciNCUH8

Attenborough is a disgusting lying old bastard. He was a fraud when he was a young man broadcasting on the Home Service and getting old hasn't changed him.
Somehow he's become regarded as a national treasure who everyone seems to trust and like, but despite his huge fortune he let his brother , ( a different kind of chap altogether),die alone in a seedy third rate nursing home.
You know he's lying if you see his lips move.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:Someone, can't remember who also pointed out it's another ten years before extinction. It's always ten years like as though they just happen to pluck the timescale out of thin air. :-k

I vividly recall reading an article in a Sunday supplement back in th 80s, showing a chart devised by so-called experts, of the expected dates when global natural resources would run out - oil should have been exhausted 10 years ago, and even the like of copper and silver should have been recent memories by now.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The issue of peak oil which started well over twenty years ago blows the whole scaremongering theory apart. Production has doubled and quadrupled since they made the claim yet there is no sign it will run out anytime soon.

The trouble with most of these scare stories is that time has proven them to be exactly what they are.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well you may remember that similar (and in some cases the same )nutters were predicting another catastrophic ice age by 1999. That was in the early sixties I think, but most people laughed it off.
The difference now is dumbing down and the willingness of globalist politicians to use and promote such fortune telling pseudo science for their own ends.

It's interesting to see these protests and wonder whether they've gone so far with the indoctrination of peasant minds that it's our of control. Maybe it's just another controlled thing to create the apparent public demand for more money grabbing but that's not clear.

I've often compared climate change to tales of gold eating dragons in the mountains, but have they now misjudged it and scared the peasants so much with their stories that they're out of control ?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Further to that, I notice that the BBC are flooding the airways with climate change stuff to supplement the "protests" so it's probably a deliberate whipping up of hysteria in advance of them banning central heating or something.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Eaststand wrote:Hyde Park this morning once the retards had left.

Yeah, they truly give a shit. It's not just a reason for utter cunts to pretend to be outraged and feel smug at allImage

Depressingly Hyde Park looks like that any Monday morning where the weekend was sunny.

The eating areas look like a dump, doesn't help Westminster removed all the bins.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yup.

Someone pretending to care about climate change wouldnt have let it get into that state if they actually cared, of course.

Build Back More Betterer

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Eaststand wrote:Yup.

Someone pretending to care about climate change wouldnt have let it get into that state if they actually cared, of course.

It's like that most days, went for a run in a park today - the place was covered in junk. Depressing.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Roy Twing wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Roy Twing wrote: Yes, of course, but not exclusively.
I haven't read enough of this thread (nor do I wish to) to know which side of the divide you fall, but I do believe that as long as the human race and associated farmed mammals continues to grow at over 1% each year (80+ million extra CO2 production units), the green crowd are urinating in the wind.
For some odd reason, the green bunch don't seem quite so vociferous about population growth as one would expect.

A lot of it can be offset by shifting the energy base, which China is doing at the moment.

The issue the west exported their carbon problem to the places that produce the stuff they consume. Those countries are shifting their manufacturing and energy base faster than the West now. China has 30% of the World's renewable energy plants, close to 200,000.

The mind boggling thing is we'll probably end up buying renewable technologies form India and China when we could have developed them locally and sold them globally if people hadn't fallen for the 'meh ... what about China'

China is also going to do the same with GMO, something Britain was far and away the global leader on less than 15 years ago.

I don't think we have/had a choice regarding China etc., developing renewables, - our masters have as you say, used China & co as our factory bases, - they were always going to be producing much of the materials required to generate 'green stuff'.
My bottom line on this is very much the 'meh, what about China' - you imply in your opening sentence that it is 'doing something' to reduce emissions, - but all I've really seen are stats which show no meaningful reductions.
I may be wrong, but it looks to my cynical mind that they are saying what the green lot over here want to to hear, but are actually doing very little in fact.
I really do not know conclusively the answer to this, but if global CO2 levels are actually reducing as a result of China & Co's supposed efforts, - I'd fully accept that the protesters have a point.

I guess I'll assume then, that China & all the other nice fossil fuel guzzlers haven't actually reduced anything, - just jam tomorrow.
And those that wish to believe it, will believe it.
E & OE

Reg

Post by Reg »

EddieCheddar wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
hitlersboots wrote:To those of you who support these twats do you really think there will be a reduction in UK people using airplanes or cars or even electricity ? It's just a bunch of fuckwankshitfartcunts who love being on the telly - ooooh look at me on the front page of the cunt Gaurdain wankfest. Fuck cunt wank oh and Malcolm Armsteen is a total cunt, but anybody who has come across him knows that. Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.

They appear to have sent you into a blind rage of vulgar language

Multi-ple swearies, even.

:-k
Roy IN!!

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Roy Twing wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Roy Twing wrote: Yes, of course, but not exclusively.
I haven't read enough of this thread (nor do I wish to) to know which side of the divide you fall, but I do believe that as long as the human race and associated farmed mammals continues to grow at over 1% each year (80+ million extra CO2 production units), the green crowd are urinating in the wind.
For some odd reason, the green bunch don't seem quite so vociferous about population growth as one would expect.

A lot of it can be offset by shifting the energy base, which China is doing at the moment.

The issue the west exported their carbon problem to the places that produce the stuff they consume. Those countries are shifting their manufacturing and energy base faster than the West now. China has 30% of the World's renewable energy plants, close to 200,000.

The mind boggling thing is we'll probably end up buying renewable technologies form India and China when we could have developed them locally and sold them globally if people hadn't fallen for the 'meh ... what about China'

China is also going to do the same with GMO, something Britain was far and away the global leader on less than 15 years ago.

I don't think we have/had a choice regarding China etc., developing renewables, - our masters have as you say, used China & co as our factory bases, - they were always going to be producing much of the materials required to generate 'green stuff'.
My bottom line on this is very much the 'meh, what about China' - you imply in your opening sentence that it is 'doing something' to reduce emissions, - but all I've really seen are stats which show no meaningful reductions.
I may be wrong, but it looks to my cynical mind that they are saying what the green lot over here want to to hear, but are actually doing very little in fact.
I really do not know conclusively the answer to this, but if global CO2 levels are actually reducing as a result of China & Co's supposed efforts, - I'd fully accept that the protesters have a point.

I guess I'll assume then, that China & all the other nice fossil fuel guzzlers haven't actually reduced anything, - just jam tomorrow.
And those that wish to believe it, will believe it.

Over a third of China's output is renewables, where Europe have transitioned from coal to gas, China is going coal to renewables. Europes goal for renewables is a fifth.