The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

In-depth debate on all topical issues
shabbado

Re: The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

Post by shabbado »

subsub wrote:
shabbado wrote:Why does Farage continue to get so much media attention?

He's a cunt and irrelevant

There's a great thread on Twitter about Farage and how he's set up The Brexit Party as a company, not a political party, so he is not accountable to the normal political party rules when it comes to donations and funding etc

Such a slippery cunt.

The irony that the Brexit party is an undemocratic organisation ran by a wholly unaccountable leader. Who made the decision to stand down 300 prospective candidates? Certainly isn't lost on me....though I dare say it's gone right over the heads of the TAKinG baCk CoNTRoL mob
A joyless arsehole.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I notice the Tories are now ordering him to stand down the rest of his candidates.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote:
subsub wrote:

There's a great thread on Twitter about Farage and how he's set up The Brexit Party as a company, not a political party, so he is not accountable to the normal political party rules when it comes to donations and funding etc

Such a slippery cunt.

The irony that the Brexit party is an undemocratic organisation ran by a wholly unaccountable leader. Who made the decision to stand down 300 prospective candidates? Certainly isn't lost on me....though I dare say it's gone right over the heads of the TAKinG baCk CoNTRoL mob

And all this "I'm putting the country first" bollocks.
Am amazed how people are taken in by this privately-educated former commodities trader – incredible that they believe he gives a fuck about anyone else.
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Farage = twat

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Vespa wrote:Farage = twat

Any names ? Any information on jobs offered ?

Why would the BXP be reticent if it were true ?
There's no poem, just prose.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote:Farage = twat

As I said to Roy earlier, I wouldn't trust Johnson as far as I could throw him.

Naive in the extreme to think the Tories would behave honourably.

Politics is a dirty business. Rule No: 1 - trust no one, not even those on your side.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

@Steve - what was the mechanism used by the Brexit party when deciding to withdraw 300 prospective MPs from the upcoming election?

Was there a vote amongst membership?
A joyless arsehole.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

shabbado wrote:@Steve - what was the mechanism used by the Brexit party when deciding to withdraw 300 prospective MPs from the upcoming election?

Was there a vote amongst membership?

Shabs:

1. I don't know

2. I don't think so.

i said earlier in the week that this was a bad idea. Now Farage is moaning about the Tories using 'Venezuelan style' intimidation tactics on his remaining candidates. What the fuck did he expect when he unilaterally jumped into bed with them? The Tories & Boris in particular were always going to shit on him. They have given him nothing. Why would they given his willingness to withdraw candidates?

Such tactics were only ever going to end disastrously for himself & the Brexit Party. And so it has rapidly proven. He's blown it and he will never be able to recapture the ground he has voluntarily ceded.

His best bet is to call it quits after the election and go back to presenting on LBC and making TV history programmes (both of which he's good at).

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Why isn’t he on LBC anymore?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote: I think if johnson reneged on any agreement, farage has a loud enough voice to make it known widely, and it would undoubtedly be detrimental to the tories' electoral hopes, and after all, that's all that johnson cares about.

Roy, I'm afraid I disagree with you on this. The Brexit Party should never have stood down in all Conservative constituencies without getting reassurances from the Tory Party that they would do the same in key Labour held constituencies that will never vote Tory.

After the general election, should the Tory Party get a majority (which i don't think will happen), they would do what they have always done and that renege on their promises.

As you and I have long predicted, the Establishment have won. I must admit I never saw it coming this way, though. The Tories have out manoeuvred the Brexit Party and we will now never get the Brexit that the majority of leave supporters voted for.

As Johnny Rotten once famously said: 'ever get the feeling youv'e been cheated?'
Last edited by Steve Hunt on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:Why isn’t he on LBC anymore?

Purdah, Lawnsy.

Ofcom rules during the run up to a General Election.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ms Olney cannot even get the name of her constituency correct:

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Or - someone in a back office made a typo. Happens somewhere every election. Better an honest mistake than the bucket full of lies that will fill many a manifesto.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Roy Twing wrote: I think if johnson reneged on any agreement, farage has a loud enough voice to make it known widely, and it would undoubtedly be detrimental to the tories' electoral hopes, and after all, that's all that johnson cares about.

Roy, I'm afraid I disagree with you on this. The Brexit Party should never have stood down in all Conservative constituencies without getting reassurances from the Tory Party that they would do the same in key Labour held constituencies that will never vote Tory.

After the general election, should the Tory Party get a majority (which i don't think will happen), they would do what they have always done and that renege on their promises.

As you and I have long predicted, the Establishment have won. I must admit I never saw it coming this way, though. The Tories have out manoeuvred the Brexit Party and we will now never get the Brexit that the majority of leave supporters voted for.

As Johnny Rotten once famously said: 'ever get the feeling youv'e been cheated?'

Farage's only leverage was this election. If Johnson gets a majority Farage will have nothing.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

subsub wrote:

Such a slippery cunt.

Interesting, Sub.

Quite bizarre the whole thing. Also when they started up, you had to be something like £25 for a party/company that doesn't accept members nor have a manifesto.So basically make a donation of twenty five quid for what? Not even a membership card? Considering his dodgy links to with Banks, where exactly is that money going?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.