In-depth debate on all topical issues
ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Re: Grooming, BBC, etc

Post by ToRmAtO »

Royal24s wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

I don't know what point you think I want to make. It's not up to me to prove what they said - it's on tv every half an hour at the moment so I suggest you watch it.

Pathetic childlike back-peddling bullshit answer.

Calm down - why on earth are you trying to spin the story ?
It is what it is.
I'd draw your attention to the reply I made to Hillman above, because it seems to apply to your own position too.

Your professional experience is just bullshit.

You clearly stated they had 'acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic' PROOF!!!
Godwin's law

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:I cannot seem to find any quotes stating 'that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic'

I could find "The report found the operation was ultimately “prematurely closed down… before it could complete its work”, a decision that was driven by a desire to “remove the resources”, rather than by having “a sound understanding that all lines of enquiry had been successfully completed or exhausted”.

Again I hesitate because it's not a subject I find terribly interesting but I watched the piece and Burnham was most certainly acknowledging that the investigation had ducked the issues in case it interfered with " inter community relations", and said that mustn't happen again.
He's not a bloke I'd much rely on as a source of accuracy in fairness , but that is what he said and your quote is out of context and misleading

Where's the PROOF, or were you just BULLSHITTING to make a point. You clearly stated they had 'acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic' PROOF!!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... acism.html

The Casey report said that staff at the council did not act on the reports of systemic child abuse “for fear of appearing racist”. This echoes what the Jay report found in other agencies, in particular the police. “Young people in Rotherham believed at that time that the Police dared not act against Asian youths for fear of allegations of racism”, she said.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Quote tomato above ...

No, that's okay. I'm sure you know far more about these things than I do, although I've no idea why you don't just read what they said.
I didn't say it , they did, so if you think they're wrong maybe write them a stiff letter or something ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Kowalski wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:I cannot seem to find any quotes stating 'that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic'

I could find "The report found the operation was ultimately “prematurely closed down… before it could complete its work”, a decision that was driven by a desire to “remove the resources”, rather than by having “a sound understanding that all lines of enquiry had been successfully completed or exhausted”.

Again I hesitate because it's not a subject I find terribly interesting but I watched the piece and Burnham was most certainly acknowledging that the investigation had ducked the issues in case it interfered with " inter community relations", and said that mustn't happen again.
He's not a bloke I'd much rely on as a source of accuracy in fairness , but that is what he said and your quote is out of context and misleading

Where's the PROOF, or were you just BULLSHITTING to make a point. You clearly stated they had 'acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic' PROOF!!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... acism.html

The Casey report said that staff at the council did not act on the reports of systemic child abuse “for fear of appearing racist”. This echoes what the Jay report found in other agencies, in particular the police. “Young people in Rotherham believed at that time that the Police dared not act against Asian youths for fear of allegations of racism”, she said.

What part of 'that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic' did you not understand?

You posted a link from 05 Feb 2015
Rotherham is in South Yorkshire
Andy Burnham is the Mayor of Greater Manchester
GMP = Greater Manchester Police
Godwin's law

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Examples of the police not taking action against crimes carried out by ethnic minorities for fear of being accused of racism is all over the internet. This also goes for people who witness acts of crime but do not report it.

This ludicrous state of affairs has been brought about by the fuckwits who shout racism every time someone who hasn't got white skin is questioned by police. The same batch of loons who think Meghan Markle is being criticised because she is of mixed race.

I hope these people feel proud with their contribution to the huge batch of 'unsolved' crime.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I was going to ease off posting on this topic for a while as I feel like a bullet-riddled messenger of late, but I'd just like to welcome Royal24s to my world, where you slowly realise that the deniers/apologists just will not give an inch on this subject.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

In point of fact i just happened to turn on Newsnight and they're quite clearly discussing the report and that a big part of it was moslem grooming gangs.
As Ive said before I've got no axe to grind, but I'm equally baffled by why Tomato is trying to deny something which is quite openly in the public media. No one is denying that this is happening except him, and i don't really like the implication that I'm in some way being unfair to minorities by mentioning it.
Surely the whole point of this story is that well meaning do gooders have swept the facts under the carpet because they somehow felt a duty not to accuse individuals who'd committed crimes for fear of being called racist.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Royal24s wrote:In point of fact i just happened to turn on Newsnight and they're quite clearly discussing the report and that a big part of it was moslem grooming gangs.
As Ive said before I've got no axe to grind, but I'm equally baffled by why Tomato is trying to deny something which is quite openly in the public media. No one is denying that this is happening except him, and i don't really like the implication that I'm in some way being unfair to minorities by mentioning it.
Surely the whole point of this story is that well meaning do gooders have swept the facts under the carpet because they somehow felt a duty not to accuse individuals who'd committed crimes for fear of being called racist.

Did they actually mention the M word?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yeah. As I keep saying, I'm not super interested in the story so I didn't watch it intensely but the guests certainly used that expression.
I'm thinking of seeing whether I can download the report because it's so contraversial here.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

"Officers conducting the initial phase of the investigation reported that there were potentially 97 persons of interest who had been identified as being involved in some way in the sexual exploitation of children as a perpetrator, facilitator or an associate of either. The scoping report of Operation Augusta described these persons as predominantly Asian men working in the restaurant industry. The review team independently identified 68 individuals known to Operation Augusta who it could reasonably be assumed had been a part of this group"

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Rochdale, what a place:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ieO4rThW8A

(I know probably not the ideal thread, but what the hell).
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Maajid Nawaz on excellent form today with his definitive guide to the men of Pakistani heritage and muslim background rape gang crisis - also known in some circles as #KebabGate but sadly not getting much of a mention in his monologue.

He's probably not the best person to be airing his views on this matter as he clearly knows as little about it as he does about the motives for terrorism which hasn't got anything to do with Islam BTW

First hour:
https://www.lbc.co.uk/national/radio/ao ... SwnRwbYsiU

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:Maajid Nawaz on excellent form today with his definitive guide to the men of Pakistani heritage and muslim background rape gang crisis - also known in some circles as #KebabGate but sadly not getting much of a mention in his monologue.

He's probably not the best person to be airing his views on this matter as he clearly knows as little about it as he does about the motives for terrorism which hasn't got anything to do with Islam BTW

First hour:
https://www.lbc.co.uk/national/radio/ao ... SwnRwbYsiU

Just listening to it now, - he summarises the situation very eloquently, not least the very point I've been banging on about continually, - namely 'proportionality'.
I would urge the apologists to give it a listen, particularly around 13 minutes.
One day the penny might drop & maybe today's the day.

NB - a good statistic that he just made: "1.5% of the UK population (muslim males) have been responsible for committing 84% of type 1 child sexual exploitation" - if that's not a staggering statistic I don't know what is.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

....and at around 52mins 20secs onwards, he even more eloquently answers hillman's frequently repeated false statement that there is no relation involving the religion itself.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

E & OE