Grooming, BBC, etc

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: Grooming, BBC, etc

Post by Roy Twing »

And I recall repeatedly responding to those same points, (repeatedly in your case, but most recently a few posts ago - 3:09 pm to be exact) and don't believe a response from you (or vespa) has materialised.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Royal24s wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:I’m not sure how your experience relates to what I posted.

Simply examples of how things go wrong when we look at the identity or group of individuals when considering what action to take. It shouldn't be a factor , favourable or unfavourable.

Tell Twing that.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:I’m not sure how your experience relates to what I posted.

Simply examples of how things go wrong when we look at the identity or group of individuals when considering what action to take. It shouldn't be a factor , favourable or unfavourable.

Tell Twing that.

Could be wrong of course, but I'm not sure he meant what you think he meant.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I hesitate to perpetuate this circular dialogue, but it's perhaps worth noting that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:I hesitate to perpetuate this circular dialogue, but it's perhaps worth noting that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic

Now I wonder who's to blame for that. :?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

I cannot seem to find any quotes stating 'that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic'

I could find "The report found the operation was ultimately “prematurely closed down… before it could complete its work”, a decision that was driven by a desire to “remove the resources”, rather than by having “a sound understanding that all lines of enquiry had been successfully completed or exhausted”.
Godwin's law

subsub

Post by subsub »

Royal24s wrote:I hesitate to perpetuate this circular dialogue, but it's perhaps worth noting that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic

Is that right?
Can you post the link where it says that? Ta.
WOKE AND PROUD

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

ToRmAtO wrote:I cannot seem to find any quotes stating 'that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic'

I could find "The report found the operation was ultimately “prematurely closed down… before it could complete its work”, a decision that was driven by a desire to “remove the resources”, rather than by having “a sound understanding that all lines of enquiry had been successfully completed or exhausted”.

Again I hesitate because it's not a subject I find terribly interesting but I watched the piece and Burnham was most certainly acknowledging that the investigation had ducked the issues in case it interfered with " inter community relations", and said that mustn't happen again.
He's not a bloke I'd much rely on as a source of accuracy in fairness , but that is what he said and your quote is out of context and misleading

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Royal24s wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:I cannot seem to find any quotes stating 'that Andy Burnham and the gmp have today acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic'

Again I hesitate because it's not a subject I find terribly interesting but I watched the piece and Burnham was most certainly acknowledging that the investigation had ducked the issues in case it interfered with " inter community relations", and said that mustn't happen again.
He's not a bloke I'd much rely on as a source of accuracy in fairness , but that is what he said and your quote is out of context and misleading

Where's the PROOF, or were you just BULLSHITTING to make a point. You clearly stated they had 'acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic' PROOF!!!
Godwin's law

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:

I'm just surprised we haven't been told that they were in disguise, and were actually catholic priests.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

By the way Church of England clergy have the problem too.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Where's the PROOF, or were you just BULLSHITTING to make a point. You clearly stated they had 'acknowledged that grooming gangs have been let off for fear of appearing racist or islamophobic' PROOF!!!

I don't know what point you think I want to make. It's not up to me to prove what they said - it's on tv every half an hour at the moment so I suggest you watch it.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Royal24s wrote:

I don't know what point you think I want to make. It's not up to me to prove what they said - it's on tv every half an hour at the moment so I suggest you watch it.

Pathetic childlike back-peddling bullshit answer.
Godwin's law

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:By the way Church of England clergy have the problem too.

My professional experience suggests that it's a thing which happens right across society and in most groups you can think of. From time to time there's a spate in one organisation or another , and I can't see much sense in you or anyone else trying to weaponise it against the particular groups you dislike OR trying to deny that it exists in groups you happen to like.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Pathetic childlike back-peddling bullshit answer.

Calm down - why on earth are you trying to spin the story ?
It is what it is.
I'd draw your attention to the reply I made to Hillman above, because it seems to apply to your own position too.