Snow on the way

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Snow on the way

Post by Carlos J »

Snowing in Partridgeland. Very fine and won't lay as ground too wet. But yay.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Stopped snowing, lasted five minutes or so.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It only ever snows in Scotchland and from time to time in the North West. Everyone knows that. All the forecast is about it snowing there. Don’t think anyone else will see any snow.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:58 am It only ever snows in Scotchland and from time to time in the North West. Everyone knows that. All the forecast is about it snowing there. Don’t think anyone else will see any snow.
I saw it out of the window. :D JWOTS and Pegs now saying an inch and a half in Colchester.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

They forecasted a mixture of snow and rain all morning up here. Nowt whatsoever.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Hasn't snowed here, sadly lockdown takes all the fun out of me mocking the British about what they call snow.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:06 am
kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:58 am It only ever snows in Scotchland and from time to time in the North West. Everyone knows that. All the forecast is about it snowing there. Don’t think anyone else will see any snow.
I saw it out of the window. :D JWOTS and Pegs now saying an inch and a half in Colchester.
'Inch and a half in Colchester' was Pishtanks old username on Pensioners Tinder.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:41 pm
Carlos J wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:06 am
'Inch and a half in Colchester' was Pishtanks old username on Pensioners Tinder.
Eww. :cry: :cry:

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:35 am Snowing in Partridgeland. Very fine and won't lay as ground too wet. But yay.
Sleet in the Great Yarmouth area. I hate sleet. I remember the days when I lived on City Road in Norwich, big snowflakes slowly falling across the amber street lights. I was only young, but I remember me and my mum and dad walking down Brakendale Street in the evening. No cars. Silent. Snow.

I also recall in the US when I was studying bullshit. When it snowed we had what's called 'a snow day'. IE, all classes were cancelled. Good times ... we all basically hunkered-down in the dorm, got high as fuck and played on the XBOX.

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:44 pm
Carlos J wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:35 am Snowing in Partridgeland. Very fine and won't lay as ground too wet. But yay.
Sleet in the Great Yarmouth area. I hate sleet. I remember the days when I lived on City Road in Norwich, big snowflakes slowly falling across the amber street lights. I was only young, but I remember me and my mum and dad walking down Brakendale Street in the evening. No cars. Silent. Snow.

I also recall in the US when I was studying bullshit. When it snowed we had what's called 'a snow day'. IE, all classes were cancelled. Good times ... we all basically hunkered-down in the dorm, got high as fuck and played on the XBOX.

The seaside always gets shitty snow because of the salt air.
I live about three miles from the coast but relatively quite high up and every year theres almost a physical line in the same place near the Rathgael roundabout where, if it snows, the Bangor (town) side of the dual carriageway will be rainy slush and on the carriageway on the other side of the roundabout towards where I live, will be lying snow.
Proud Gammon

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

All the comments about snow.
This is proper snow, and I wish I was there now, instead of here surrounded by a swamp.

I know it's more of an eggloo rather than an igloo, but we got our angles wrong.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:59 pm All the comments about snow.
This is proper snow, and I wish I was there now, instead of here surrounded by a swamp.

I know it's more of an eggloo rather than an igloo, but we got our angles wrong.
Why didn't you just roll a giant snowball. Pack snow around the bottom to make it a dome. Then hollow it out. It's not as if you're going to use it to hunt narwhal over the winter or anything.
Proud Gammon

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Basualdo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:10 pm

Why didn't you just roll a giant snowball. Pack snow around the bottom to make it a dome. Then hollow it out. It's not as if you're going to use it to hunt narwhal over the winter or anything.
We wanted to do it the authentic eskimo way, but made a cock-up.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:15 pm
Basualdo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:10 pm

We wanted to do it the authentic eskimo way, but made a cock-up.
:lol:
Proud Gammon

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It’s schnowing here.