Katie Hopkins

In-depth debate on all topical issues
AlcoholBrazil

Katie Hopkins

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... le-4899225

Investigated by Police. Hopefully a nice big fine or a week in the slammer for this fat bird.
Oh I forgot , only the plebs go to prison for offensive tweets. Katie's a "celebrity" .
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Ralph »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... le-4899225

Investigated by Police. Hopefully a nice big fine or a week in the slammer for this fat bird.
Oh I forgot , only the plebs go to prison for offensive tweets. Katie's a "celebrity" .
She's a peculiar woman, no doubt about it. Is there anything she won't say to get a bit of attention?

There's a lot of wierdos on Twitter who have managed to convince themselves they're battling for freedom of speech. If they didn't have Twitter they'd be writing abusive letters to people or shouting at strangers in the street. It's not normal to spend all day on Twitter trying to be controversial.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

You would have thought Scottish Police would have better things to do than investigate tweets.

For fucks sake what has happened to Scotland that they are "offended" by comments on social media!

Do people not see where this is heading? The complete death of free speech!

I don't like what you say so I will silence you by getting the police involved.

Wake up you muppets who approve of this sort of action this is where we are heading

phpBB [video]

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

The right are quick to defend idiot trolls on Twitter but keep quiet about draconian anti free speech legislation passed by this government.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

therealHJ wrote:You would have thought Scottish Police would have better things to do than investigate tweets.

For fucks sake what has happened to Scotland that they are "offended" by comments on social media!

Wake up you muppets who approve of this sort of action this is where we are heading

phpBB [video]
Totally agree.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:
therealHJ wrote:You would have thought Scottish Police would have better things to do than investigate tweets.

phpBB [video]
Totally agree.
So you won't complain if someone calls you a racist on Talkforum from now on? Or is it just free speech for people who are insulting other people but not you?

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

People should be allowed to say whatever they want but must be able to take any replies or consequences on the chin. This Hopkins slag should therefore be taking a significant amount of horse shit on her chins.
All eyes and ears...

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roquetas wrote:People should be allowed to say whatever they want but must be able to take any replies or consequences on the chin. This Hopkins slag should therefore be taking a significant amount of horse shit on her chins.
I don't know about Katie Hopkins but this forum knows that these professional controversialists can be incredibly thin skinned when people start insulting them back & quickly start threatening to take legal action/get the police involved.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

phpBB [video]
Totally agree.
So you won't complain if someone calls you a racist on Talkforum from now on? Or is it just free speech for people who are insulting other people but not you?
I can't recall being accused of being a racist but if someone did I would ask them to justify their accusation. Given it is an often used tactic by those on the left to close down arguments it is unlikely that they would put a cogent argument together; it has even become a little passé.

Given your attitude to anything that is said or any media outlet which doesn't conform to your rather narrow view of the world I suspect you would be in favour of "language violations"

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

therealHJ wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

phpBB [video]
Totally agree.
I can't recall being accused of being a racist but if someone did I would ask them to justify their accusation. Given it is an often used tactic by those on the left to close down arguments it is unlikely that they would put a cogent argument together; it has even become a little passé.

Given your attitude to anything that is said or any media outlet which doesn't conform to your rather narrow view of the world I suspect you would be in favour of "language violations"
It was aimed at Roy. After bitter complaining it was decided that calling somebody racist in D&D was beyond the pale.

I'm not in favour of language violations & don't think Katie Hopkins attention seeking ramblings are a matter for the police. But I do get irritated by the hypocrisy on the right when it comes to free speech.

Where was the Tory rebellion over the gagging law?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdo ... il-society

If Labour had done this the right wing press, blogosphere etc would be up in arms about it. Anti free speech laws are fine as long as they're passed by the Tories it seems.

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

All that has been achieved is that this foul women has been publicised once again, gained a little more notoriety and maybe a few more Twitter followers. Which was surely the original aim of the tweet. Her business is to be hated.
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Spot on mark. That is her job, the profession she has chosen.

As for being outrage I live in Scotland and I am not outraged. I just think what a twat.

Just as Twitter and the web has given a platform for nutcases to talk shit it has also given it to those who get outraged by anything.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Gosport Mark wrote:All that has been achieved is that this foul women has been publicised once again, gained a little more notoriety and maybe a few more Twitter followers. Which was surely the original aim of the tweet. Her business is to be hated.
The Sun's top columnist are Katie Hopkins, Louise Mensch & Kelvin Mackenzie. Then they've got the nerve to try & charge to view their website.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Meh, if Frankie Byle had said the same things they would be calling him 'edgy'.

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

Twitter is a pub conversation, open to all, on a global scale. I dare say this Katie character has more than a few Scottish friends and work colleagues. I very much doubt she wishes Ebola death on the Scots or genuinely believes they are the conduit by which the UK is now 'doomed'.
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.