Katie Hopkins

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Rabble

Re: Katie Hopkins sacked

Post by Rabble »

m4rkb wrote:Surely the words 'final solution' aren't the sole property of the Nazis regarding Jews?

To me they suggest any solution to any problem which works. Or even the answers to a difficult crossword.

Typical kneejerk stuff.

And we do need a solution to radical islam once and for all which works which may not necessarily involve murdering people. You could call it a final solution
Not really. The term Final Solution is synonymous with the Nazis. She knew what she was saying.

Rabble

Post by Rabble »

And when she was on I'm A Celebrity she looked really rank.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

She was great at her job, her job being to sail as close the edge as she could to wind up "the left" without overstepping the mark as this will get "the right" on board to LBC as its well know as a "leftie" station (although I don't think it is), on this occasion she got a bit to close leaving LBC with no choice because if they didn't act there would have been a massive backlash.

Shame really, I wouldn't say I agreed with her stance all the time but she was entertaining to listen to and held her own very well when put on the spot on most topics she covered, at least she got down and dirty and actually went to places and experienced what real people were dealing with when reporting on current affairs unlike her counter parts who just sit in the comfort of the studio and use their intellect to try and make sense of something that intellect can't work out.
Brilliantly Honest

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

warmleatherette wrote:She was great at her job, her job being to sail as close the edge as she could to wind up "the left" without overstepping the mark as this will get "the right" on board to LBC as its well know as a "leftie" station (although I don't think it is), on this occasion she got a bit to close leaving LBC with no choice because if they didn't act there would have been a massive backlash.

Shame really, I wouldn't say I agreed with her stance all the time but she was entertaining to listen to and held her own very well when put on the spot on most topics she covered, at least she got down and dirty and actually went to places and experienced what real people were dealing with when reporting on current affairs unlike her counter parts who just sit in the comfort of the studio and use their intellect to try and make sense of something that intellect can't work out.

Spot on.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

herringbone

Post by herringbone »

m4rkb wrote:
herringbone wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
herringbone wrote:
m4rkb wrote:They are two English words.

As are "Nigger" and "Paki", doesn't mean they can't be given context.

She didn't use those words so in this case you have no point.

But getting back into context. Please explain how using the words she did use , which did mention a final solution , equates to anything relating to killing Jews.

After all , that is what all this fuss is about. The synonymity between those words and the holocaust - like as though no other context possibly exists and because those words seemed to have already been claimed for a political cause.

The point is very clear. You claim that two individual words cannot be attributed to an idea, and that they are context free. This is nonsense.

The term "Final Solution" is used solely in relation to the Holocaust
. Google it if you are unsure.

Only an extremely stupid person wouldn't understand the connotations implied by using it. Hopkins is many things, but she isn't stupid. She knew exactly what she was doing and has got what was coming to her.

If it's used specifically in relation to the holocaust you then must admit she's using then phrase to advocate killing jews

She did not mean that and you know it. Your clear left wing tendencies won't allow you to admit it. She's clearly using the phrase in a different context.

Just calling me an idiot as your only response doesn't work - just like your other automatics repsonses of crying racism when you have no argument.

Please point out where:

1. I have called you an idiot
2. I have cried racism

She has used the term Final Solution (i.e the Nazi nomenclature for the systematic genocide of the Jews) as a metaphor in resolving the issue with Islamist radicalism. It was an attempt to be controversial for attention which has backfired spectacularly.

If the term Final Solution is routinely and publicly applied in other situations then I would be pleased for you to furnish me with an extensive list. Use Google, if the phrase is used so ubiquitously then it should be easy for you. Here, I've taken the first step on your behalf:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Final+solution

Have fun.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The you reference wasn't aimed at you personally but the left in general.

And although the term is predominantly associated with the holocaust - mainly because of some kind of leftist ownership of the phrase who then go on to dictate how and when it can be used or if at all , there is no law out there stating two English words cannot be used in any other meaningful context. Furthmore the term seems to have been capitalised like some type of legal definition which presumably means any capitalised version IS definitely pertaining to the holocaust but , as is also the case in legal language , non capitalised versions do not.

Hopkins' tweet was non capitalised in the manner your own posts seem to recognise so again I say she is free to use two words in any context she chooses.

If you claim she's using it as a metaphor for something else then I'd suggest that something else is a possible example of the words refering to something contextually different.

And I don't need to Google it thanks.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Katie Hopkins used the term "final solution" fully knowing the connotations of the phrase. She has no excuse.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The Tick wrote:Katie Hopkins used the term "final solution" fully knowing the connotations of the phrase. She has no excuse.
You a fucking mind reader now are you interpreting peoples comments better than those who made them?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

m4rkb wrote:
The Tick wrote:Katie Hopkins used the term "final solution" fully knowing the connotations of the phrase. She has no excuse.
You a fucking mind reader now are you interpreting peoples comments better than those who made them?

Her words indicated what she was thinking.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

And what was that?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

On the subject the phrase "Strong and Stable leadership" is a passage from Mein Kampf . I wonder who has been using that recently ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:On the subject the phrase "Strong and Stable leadership" is a passage from Mein Kampf . I wonder who has been using that recently ?

Really? That's made my day. :D

No more leftist twats for the rest of the day as they all suddenly fall about in indignation.

Anyway I'm back to watching repeats of Countdown with Rachel Riley (prog should be called knickers down with her in it though)

Ten minutes ago they pulled out a load of numbers and had to tot them up to a much larger one. The contestants did well but the final solution Rachel offered was by far the neatest.

Oh fuck. What have I said. :shock:

herringbone

Post by herringbone »

m4rkb wrote:The you reference wasn't aimed at you personally but the left in general.

And although the term is predominantly associated with the holocaust - mainly because of some kind of leftist ownership of the phrase who then go on to dictate how and when it can be used or if at all , there is no law out there stating two English words cannot be used in any other meaningful context. Furthmore the term seems to have been capitalised like some type of legal definition which presumably means any capitalised version IS definitely pertaining to the holocaust but , as is also the case in legal language , non capitalised versions do not.

Hopkins' tweet was non capitalised in the manner your own posts seem to recognise so again I say she is free to use two words in any context she chooses.

If you claim she's using it as a metaphor for something else then I'd suggest that something else is a possible example of the words refering to something contextually different.

Okay, I think we're done here.

subsub

Post by subsub »

herringbone wrote:
m4rkb wrote:The you reference wasn't aimed at you personally but the left in general.

Okay, I think we're done here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't waste your time with the morons on here, herring.
They seem happy to spout views on here that would have them locked up if they ever dared to say them in public.
I guess this is like a little refuge for them…
WOKE AND PROUD

herringbone

Post by herringbone »

subsub wrote:
Don't waste your time with the morons on here, herring.
They seem happy to spout views on here that would have them locked up if they ever dared to say them in public.
I guess this is like a little refuge for them…

I know man.

You try to be civil and you ask for them to substantiate what they come out with. All you get is fingers in ears and "la la la la la...I'm right you're wrong...I don't need evidence when I have OPINIONS". A refusal to engage, a refusal to empathise and a refusal to understand.

It's a sad state of affairs where tolerance and reserve (and a refusal to demonise approximately a fifth of the human race) means, in the eyes of some, that you're partly responsible for the actions of a lunatic. As for the use of the terms "liberal" and "leftist" as terms of abuse, they should understand that people for whom those terms are applicable are PROUD to be seen in such terms.