Katie Hopkins

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Re: Katie Hopkins sacked

Post by carcinogen »

herringbone wrote: It's a sad state of affairs where tolerance and reserve (and a refusal to demonise approximately a fifth of the human race) means, in the eyes of some, that you're partly responsible for the actions of a lunatic. As for the use of the terms "liberal" and "leftist" as terms of abuse, they should understand that people for whom those terms are applicable are PROUD to be seen in such terms.

I think you'd agree though, it's a good 'state of affairs' as you put it, when people are free to express their opinion, however abhorrent others may find it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

The fascist scum (for that is what they are)who call themselves liberal are as far from being liberal as its possible to be
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:
herringbone wrote:
m4rkb wrote:The you reference wasn't aimed at you personally but the left in general.

And although the term is predominantly associated with the holocaust - mainly because of some kind of leftist ownership of the phrase who then go on to dictate how and when it can be used or if at all , there is no law out there stating two English words cannot be used in any other meaningful context. Furthmore the term seems to have been capitalised like some type of legal definition which presumably means any capitalised version IS definitely pertaining to the holocaust but , as is also the case in legal language , non capitalised versions do not.

Hopkins' tweet was non capitalised in the manner your own posts seem to recognise so again I say she is free to use two words in any context she chooses.

If you claim she's using it as a metaphor for something else then I'd suggest that something else is a possible example of the words refering to something contextually different.

And I don't need to Google it thanks.

Okay, I think we're done here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't waste your time with the morons on here, herring.
They seem happy to spout views on here that would have them locked up if they ever dared to say them in public.
I guess this is like a little refuge for them…

:)

I must say this is groundbreaking territory even for this here bailiwick, Sub.

Fellows trying to argue that the term "Final soloution" is not sommat totally, utterly and incontrovertibly associated with the genocide of Jews is a new low even for the hang 'em high but flog 'em first tendency round these parts.

You guys...yo.....don't go saying that in the outside world.

People will think you're a bit simple :P
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:
herringbone wrote:
m4rkb wrote:The you reference wasn't aimed at you personally but the left in general.

And although the term is predominantly associated with the holocaust - mainly because of some kind of leftist ownership of the phrase who then go on to dictate how and when it can be used or if at all , there is no law out there stating two English words cannot be used in any other meaningful context. Furthmore the term seems to have been capitalised like some type of legal definition which presumably means any capitalised version IS definitely pertaining to the holocaust but , as is also the case in legal language , non capitalised versions do not.

Hopkins' tweet was non capitalised in the manner your own posts seem to recognise so again I say she is free to use two words in any context she chooses.

If you claim she's using it as a metaphor for something else then I'd suggest that something else is a possible example of the words refering to something contextually different.

And I don't need to Google it thanks.

Okay, I think we're done here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They seem happy to spout views on here that would have them locked up if they ever dared to say them in public.

:)

I must say this is groundbreaking territory even for this here bailiwick, Sub.

Fellows trying to argue that the term "Final soloution" is not sommat totally, utterly and incontrovertibly associated with the genocide of Jews is a new low even for the hang 'em high but flog 'em first tendency round these parts.

You guys...yo.....don't go saying that in the outside world.

People will think you're a bit simple :P

Rather they discuss it here than behind closed doors surrounded by hair dye, matches, glue and a backpack.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

herringbone wrote:
subsub wrote:

FOR ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A COMMENT I AGREE WITH. LOCKING PEOPLE UP FOR DISSENT IS WELL ON THE WAY

I know man.

You try to be civil and you ask for them to substantiate what they come out with. All you get is fingers in ears and "la la la la la...I'm right you're wrong...I don't need evidence when I have OPINIONS". A refusal to engage, a refusal to empathise and a refusal to understand.

I DID SUBSTANTIATE WHAT I CAME OUT WITH. IT'S JUST YOU CAN'T ACCEPT IT. THE FEELING OF BANGING HEAD AGAINST WALL IS OBVIOUSLY MUTUAL.

It's a sad state of affairs where tolerance and reserve (and a refusal to demonise approximately a fifth of the human race) means, in the eyes of some, that you're partly responsible for the actions of a lunatic. As for the use of the terms "liberal" and "leftist" as terms of abuse, they should understand that people for whom those terms are applicable are PROUD to be seen in such terms.

No one is trying to demonise an entire group. I'm trying to get the left to stop shielding the bad apples amongst them which they are doing with their blanket cries of racism at any criticism of Islam and the way it conducts itself right down to raping kids and planting bombs. It is the so called liberal left who are putting up this shield , which is evident in the way nothing was done about these crimes as it might be deemed racist.

The normal everyday working class left of the past do not think this way but the new wave of progressive liberals do. I hope you're proud of the shield you progressives put around them preventing any criminal investigation or action on these crimes with your cries of racism and Islamophobia. You're demented if there isn't a massive problem in the wings here.

And the Hopkins episode is nothing more than these 'liberals' hating her strong opinions so they want her out by jumping on yet another piece of language ownership. How liberal.

Finally, I'm just trying to put my finger on your previous identity on here.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

We are in trouble if the English language is subject to copyright by certain parties . We lost the free usage of the word "gay" a while back.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:We are in trouble if the English language is subject to copyright by certain parties . We lost the free usage of the word "gay" a while back.

This is exactly what's happening and it's all coming from the left who are the self appointed language police as well as the ones offering all these new definitions and where they can be used. Remember when the word racist used to have an accurate meaning. Now it's anything which could be deemed racist. Which of course is anything they want it to be, on their terms only.

Control the language ; control the masses.

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:No one is trying to demonise an entire group

You have seen Roy's avatar, right? :rolleyes:
m4rkb wrote:I hope you're proud of the shield you progressives put around them preventing any criminal investigation or action on these crimes with your cries of racism and Islamophobia.

"progressives" :lol:
I do, however, have a problem who automatically link terrorists to those who happen to follow the religion of Islam, as if it's the religion that's at fault rather than those individuals.
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

You really are ill equipped for this debate aren't you.

Perhaps it's the many verses in the Koran which talk of beheading infidels, killing them wherever you fins them, subjugating them, taking their women as war booty, striking fear into their hearts, waging jihad chucking gays off cliffs etc.

Just a thought.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

m4rkb you have demonstrated time and time again that you have no idea what you are going on about, instead just throwing rhetoric out like it was confetti. Instead of being a mong, just sit back and let the clever people engage in debate. And then you may learn something.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The Tick wrote:m4rkb you have demonstrated time and time again that you have no idea what you are going on about, instead just throwing rhetoric out like it was confetti. Instead of being a mong, just sit back and let the clever people engage in debate. And then you may learn something.

Says one of the front line shields for Islamic rape and terror.
Staunch Labour too. Any connection?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

m4rkb wrote:
The Tick wrote:m4rkb you have demonstrated time and time again that you have no idea what you are going on about, instead just throwing rhetoric out like it was confetti. Instead of being a mong, just sit back and let the clever people engage in debate. And then you may learn something.

Says one of the front line shields for Islamic rape and terror.
Staunch Labour too. Any connection?

And off he goes again.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:No one is trying to demonise an entire group

You have seen Roy's avatar, right? :rolleyes:
m4rkb wrote:I hope you're proud of the shield you progressives put around them preventing any criminal investigation or action on these crimes with your cries of racism and Islamophobia.

"progressives" :lol:
I do, however, have a problem who automatically link terrorists to those who happen to follow the religion of Islam, as if it's the religion that's at fault rather than those individuals.

:lol:

You really are one of those snowflakes we hear about, aren't you.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Interesting that the right feel that they can howl and cry about whatever they want, but when the left do the same it's because they are snowflakes.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

The Tick wrote:Interesting that the right feel that they can howl and cry about whatever they want, but when the left do the same it's because they are snowflakes.

Well done tick, for pointing out that the 'right' complain about insignificant annoyances such as muslims blowing up our children, or just raping them, whereas the 'left', rightly take a stand against the vile scumbags who make politically incorrect comments.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE