Forum Admin

Re: Last night's Question Time

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:
finchman wrote:Last night a bloke in the audience mentioned cutting foreign aid and spending it on the NHS.Dimbelby totally ignored his point and moved on to someone else, it was not put to the panel.
Agenda?

The lefties won't have it, but Dimblebore is one of theirs.

His son was given a nonsense job by the Tories, so if I had to guess where his political loyalities are.....

..............well & truly with the Liberal Elite. Which, if you have seen any episodes since 2015, is blindingly obvious.

You only had to look at his face when Brextt result was declared to see exactly where his sympathies lie

Cobblers. :D

He gets along with his Question Time co presenter Nigel Farage too well to be a Remainer let alone a liberal. Brexiter & on the kipper wing of the Conservative Party.

Oh well, I know what I & most others would think:

https://order-order.com/people/david-dimbleby/

Most others? You mean a few increasingly paranoid Brexiters :D .

The most common complaint I read is Nigel Farage being on Question Time too often.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Both sides claim QT is biased as the crowd tends to be filled up with partisan party canvassers, donors, and even Councillors. Of course not all, but its fairly easy to get on it and also to lie to get on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articl ... e-audience

I'm pretty much stopped watching it.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

kevin04 wrote:Both sides claim QT is biased as the crowd tends to be filled up with partisan party canvassers, donors, and even Councillors. Of course not all, but its fairly easy to get on it and also to lie to get on.

I never watch it except for clips on social media. I just find it irritating. You know if someone says something interesting you’ll hear about it the next morning so why waste your evening.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Ralph wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Both sides claim QT is biased as the crowd tends to be filled up with partisan party canvassers, donors, and even Councillors. Of course not all, but its fairly easy to get on it and also to lie to get on.

I never watch it except for clips on social media. I just find it irritating. You know if someone says something interesting you’ll hear about it the next morning so why waste your evening.

Agree, Ralph. It's a big waste of time, just full of the same old cobblers.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Dimbleby worried that he won't get his gold ingots from his Lizard overlords.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Got to 14 before the right appeared.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Liberals (both by party and persuasion) are vastly over-represented.
No surprise there.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Roy Twing wrote:Liberals (both by party and persuasion) are vastly over-represented.
No surprise there.

I think that is how the BBC justifies it's deliberate imbalance - everyone from mainstream parties (Liberal Tories now included in that) with the odd proper right winger (mostly a journalists of late) there to throw rotten fruit at.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:Liberals (both by party and persuasion) are vastly over-represented.
No surprise there.

I think that is how the BBC justifies it's deliberate imbalance - everyone from mainstream parties (Liberal Tories now included in that) with the odd proper right winger (mostly a journalists of late) there to throw rotten fruit at.

As someone within the organisation once said, - the BBC is stuffed to the gills with wishy-washy liberals (which until recently, included most of the tory MPs and virtually all of the PLP) and , so it's no surprise that the BBC thinks that this viewpoint is the median.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

We have mean, median and mode to chose from when deciding averages. All three produce different results. Take your pick.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

'David Dimbleby chairs debate from Westminster. On the panel are secretary of state for international trade Liam Fox, shadow minister for labour Laura Pidcock, restaurateur, writer and Great British Bake Off judge Prue Leith, Roma Agrawal, structural engineer who worked on the Shard and diversity campaigner for women in engineering, and spoken word artist and social campaigner George the Poet.'

BBC at its impartial best.
There's no poem, just prose.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:'David Dimbleby chairs debate from Westminster. On the panel are secretary of state for international trade Liam Fox, shadow minister for labour Laura Pidcock, restaurateur, writer and Great British Bake Off judge Prue Leith, Roma Agrawal, structural engineer who worked on the Shard and diversity campaigner for women in engineering, and spoken word artist and social campaigner George the Poet.'

BBC at its impartial best.

It's not worth watching now, Holden.

It's a shame, because under the Robin Day & Peter Sissons era's it was a 'must watch' for me. An impartial platform where the panel engaged in serious political debate.

But the BBC destroyed it.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Nice little thread here about tonight's panel and about who can get on Question Time. Little bit about the audience aswell.

Think it'll be worth a bit of a watch.
https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcquestiont ... 608704?p=v

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Seems a good time to raise this, with the discussions going on, on the Meghan Markle thread about racism (casual and perceived).

On last night's QT, a member of the panel said that one of her friends can no longer speak to her daughter in her native tongue 'because people abuse her'. She said it was a bad time to be in the UK because of this. An audience member replied 'You're labelling the whole country as being racist'.

I can see both points of view. Firstly, I don't believe that the panel member's friend can't ever speak in her first language without being abused. I believe it happens, because we have racists in the country, but not everyone who travels on a bus who is from the UK is racist. On the other hand, the panellist's friend, because of the abuse, has said that she now doesn't speak in her native language because of the abuse she has received. We have a problem in this country that causes that, and I don't know the answer to it, but at the same time I can understand people getting pissed off because it seems that the label comes out far too often and it is used to pigeonhole.

This is a very good and balanced article from the DM imo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Greer.html
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On