A General Thread About Christianity

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Rossco

Re: A General Thread About Christianity

Post by Rossco »

Ask God or maybe.read the Bible. Answers there for those questions if you really want to know Zambo.

I know one thing. If nobody is sensing anything at this stage......the above Bible verse I left last post is something to really ponder.

So much happening right in front of you all.

Do you believe? Maybe time to really ponder such things in the heart and in earnest.

Maybe this might help with what Ralph so helpfully highlighted Zambo :) not knowing or having any love.....yeah, dark and cold place. Hopeless feeling. Not nice.

http://biblehub.com/1_john/4-8.htm

And don't worry Ralph......God has everything covered.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=KJV

And I mean EVERYTHING covered.

http://biblehub.com/mark/9-42.htm

He got them all. For God is great....yeah.....for God is good....yeah!

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=ESV

Providence.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/providence
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Balance??

God is love......but would he love evil? Would he love liars and those whom mock him or his children..... Cause pain and anger on purpose? These are questions to ask maybe?

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/2-19.htm

Would God love those opposed to him? After loving everyone so much he sent his only begotten son to die for them to in turn spit in his face by simply not believing? Would God love those who do everything to go against his word and rebel, many with glee?

I think he would love them.....and it would hurt him deeply. But if God is truth, fair and balance then could he give the same rewards to all? The ones who walked the walk? Or even the ones whom tried in their heart best they could.....could/would God reward those the same as those who done evil? Or mocked him and his children? Or didn't even care to try to believe?

Maybe these are others questions to ask as well?

My God wouldn't reward all for just being here tbh.......and The Bible would seem to back me in my understanding of God.

http://biblehub.com/revelation/6-16.htm

Bit different for some to others.....I look forward to that day.....when the whole world shakes.... I won't be hiding but smiling.

So why would others hide?

http://biblehub.com/matthew/12-30.htm

God is love......but not a silly, daft version of love. Real love, honest love.The Antichrist will be fake love...do thy wilt....it doesn't matter....we all go to heaven.

Everyone will have one last offered cup........I know because I know The Spirit of God.

Question is.....will you take it and be wise and bow down before his throne? Or go to the potters ground?

So many questions...... And only one way they can be answered!

I know how it ends.....I believe.

Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Zambo wrote:Does it matter what you do in your life? What happens in the afterlife if you have been a serial killer v spent you whole life worshipping God and putting everyone else ahead of yourself? Are you treated differently, or do you just end up in the same black chasm of emptiness, like the one before you were born.

Or, maybe you retain consciousness and have to form queues for those appointed to allocate you to different afterlife experiences. God only knows how you will see to join these though, unless you pick some new eyes up on the way in.
It's kind of the wrong question with respect and err the black chasm of emptiness .. hey maybe it's white :D
It's not what you believe anyway .. how do you behave is all that matters. And thing is if you've never had a faith then unless you're zapped with a religious/spiritual experience (like Rossco) or something causes you to reevaluate everything in order just to survive (like most people of faith that I know) or you really are seriously clever and have a desire to learn about faith then you're either a material winner or loser, and everything is about politics and money. Everybody knows that's not true really don't they !

I believe it's true that if you practise behaving in a certain way then you will find God for yourself and it becomes a constant living experience that gives meaning to everything and not an intellectual theory. Telling people what God thinks is not part of that for me anyway because I haven't a clue about that .. just do this for a bit and watch what happens is my experience.
The human condition is original sin and you'd have to read Thomas Keating to see what that means .. basically it's living wide of the mark (sin) looking for happiness in the wrong places.
End of the day everyone is human and has a false self that has to develop just to survive initially and then has to be understood in order not to go insane and divine therapy sought in order to get well again.

At any given time you could be me or me you is the conclusion and human evolution is heading that way .. hence globalisation is spiritual destiny. Stuff gets a lot worse seemingly before it gets better .. he's an optimistic ol soul tbf

Got to start with yourself before blaming everything else and ask .. what am I doing to enhance stuff or am I just thinking what can I get out of this ? there's nothing wrong at all about seeking answers .. it's a good thing obviously .. but like for me it's beware those who tell you they know the answers and God's plan. They can't possible which is why your questions are wrong iykwim.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Oops double .. tried to edit

Two things I know to be true

God is everything or nothing
God loves a trier

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

rorymac wrote:
Zambo wrote:Does it matter what you do in your life? What happens in the afterlife if you have been a serial killer v spent you whole life worshipping God and putting everyone else ahead of yourself? Are you treated differently, or do you just end up in the same black chasm of emptiness, like the one before you were born.

Or, maybe you retain consciousness and have to form queues for those appointed to allocate you to different afterlife experiences. God only knows how you will see to join these though, unless you pick some new eyes up on the way in.
It's kind of the wrong question with respect and err the black chasm of emptiness .. hey maybe it's white :D
It's not what you believe anyway .. how do you behave is all that matters. And thing is if you've never had a faith then unless you're zapped with a religious/spiritual experience (like Rossco) or something causes you to reevaluate everything in order just to survive (like most people of faith that I know) or you really are seriously clever and have a desire to learn about faith then you're either a material winner or loser, and everything is about politics and money. Everybody knows that's not true really don't they !

I believe it's true that if you practise behaving in a certain way then you will find God for yourself and it becomes a constant living experience that gives meaning to everything and not an intellectual theory. Telling people what God thinks is not part of that for me anyway because I haven't a clue about that .. just do this for a bit and watch what happens is my experience.
The human condition is original sin and you'd have to read Thomas Keating to see what that means .. basically it's living wide of the mark (sin) looking for happiness in the wrong places.
End of the day everyone is human and has a false self that has to develop just to survive initially and then has to be understood in order not to go insane and divine therapy sought in order to get well again.

At any given time you could be me or me you is the conclusion and human evolution is heading that way .. hence globalisation is spiritual destiny. Stuff gets a lot worse seemingly before it gets better .. he's an optimistic ol soul tbf

Got to start with yourself before blaming everything else and ask .. what am I doing to enhance stuff or am I just thinking what can I get out of this ? there's nothing wrong at all about seeking answers .. it's a good thing obviously .. but like for me it's beware those who tell you they know the answers and God's plan. They can't possible which is why your questions are wrong iykwim.

This post actually sums it all up rather well, I think it’s basically saying if you stop acting like a cunt and be nice to people you’ll find a feeling of well being or faith in your kindness and become a better person for it, the reason people like myself struggle with this is because we’re already not cunts and have trouble understanding why others need to label not being a cunt as a faith.
No offence meant ;-)
Brilliantly Honest

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Not at all .. keep up the good work :)

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

warmleatherette wrote:
rorymac wrote:

This post actually sums it all up rather well, I think it’s basically saying if you stop acting like a cunt and be nice to people you’ll find a feeling of well being or faith in your kindness and become a better person for it, the reason people like myself struggle with this is because we’re already not cunts and have trouble understanding why others need to label not being a cunt as a faith.
No offence meant ;-)

Quite, godding seems to be mainly about redemption, if youve got no "im a cunt" vouchers to redeem, its not very useful to you, it would seem.
Build Back More Betterer

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:
rorymac wrote:

No offence meant ;-)

Read Jobe
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

"This concept of weighing a man's good and bad points is a Moslem thing. It has no bearing upon Christianity and people get very mixed up about it.
Christianity acknowledges that every man is liable to sin but every man is capable of redemption from that sin.
How could a man who knows nothing of such things be irrevocably blamed for disobeying instructions he has never heard, or which have been misrepresented to him ?
When there comes a point that the truth is revealed to him, then he must repent and try his best not to do things which he now understands to be sinful.
It matters not what he did before that in terms of his salvation - he is not lost to God or condemned forever in the way that some false religions hold. In order to do that he must first understand fully and then disobey deliberately .
These are things we have been taught, but there are undoubtedly many many degrees in this which are far beyond our understanding, and that is why we must not judge or attempt to judge a man's soul which is a matter for God alone.

Whilst we're on the subject of debunking lies and misconceptions about the Christian religion, this does NOT mean that we should not judge a man's behaviour, or point out to him that he may be endangering his soul according to scriptures if that is the case .
We were never told not to judge behaviour and I get tired of people saying that it's un Christian to say so if something is wrong. Of course it's not - if we couldn't make judgements about behaviour we wouldn't know whether it's okay to go shoplifting would we ?
Last edited by Royal24s on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

rorymac wrote:Not at all .. keep up the good work :)

Well, my position is somewhere between the waitress and her table ;-)

Devoto could well be the second coming that’s for sure, and this is most definitely in my top 5 all time favorite songs ever.

I got a tee shirt only last week, I am angry, I am ill and I’m as ugly as sin, suits me :-)
Brilliantly Honest

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

warmleatherette wrote:
rorymac wrote:

No offence meant ;-)

Indeed. I try to be a good person without religion. I respect religious people for their fiath, it is not my position nor want to challenge them unilaterally on beliefs, on some questions of morality it is. And religious people, like all people are not homogenous, hence never judging all on their creed.

Bishop Graham is sadly retiring this year: http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/bishop-of-n ... -1-5534059

He has been a good egg in Partridgleland. Open, inviting and an easy going guy, didn't really want the big job last time when a mid favourite.

Happy times at various Bishop's garden parties, free vino and canapes and err mingling with the socalled great and good of Norfolk. :roll: Many whom could be described as err this seemingly popular term on here, 'Gammon'. But, that is outdoors Norfolk folk whom are often ruddy, booze or sans booze, Brexit or remain.

Schmoozing with pissed MILFs who seldom veer far from the wine table is always good. :P :) :drinkers:

Something I learnt, retiring Bishops have to retire at least a county away from their Bishopry. Bon voyage and God Speed, Bishop Graham.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Gotta love a drunk milf tbf Carlos .. and a good Bishop too !
You might say .. well I'm not a religious fella in all fairness but I'm of the belief that my conscience is the aboriginal vicar of Christ in my soul .. they will love that. Maybe leave out the non believer bit for sure fire success !! I believe Vatican 2 is cool with that as a route to salvation now also !
Make em laugh first mind obviously .. I know you know this tbf !!

birdie

Post by birdie »

beingsoblase wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:God didn't invent the Welfare State and NHS where people have to toil for the benefit of those that refuse to work.
Globalisation involves turning the West into a minimum-wage shithole by the mega-rich multi-national conglomerates that hoard 98% of the wealth in the world . What kind of God would want that ?

The same god thats been shitting on humanity since the garden of Eden.

Perhaps she got pissed off and realised what a God awful mistake she'd made and should have left the it to the dinosaurs amoebas ad pond life.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

rorymac wrote:Gotta love a drunk milf tbf Carlos .. and a good Bishop too !
You might say .. well I'm not a religious fella in all fairness but I'm of the belief that my conscience is the aboriginal vicar of Christ in my soul .. they will love that. Maybe leave out the non believer bit for sure fire success !! I believe Vatican 2 is cool with that as a route to salvation now also !
Make em laugh first mind obviously .. I know you know this tbf !!

You've gotta love a drunk MILF, rory. :drinkers:

If only Sunday Schools followed you, Rory. :) The Church of England could do it. :P

Or maybe the C of E big Bishops will get their Lords fee, like Bishop Graham gets a Lords fee when going, without caring about the run of the mill vicars.

Does the C of E care for run of the mill vicars? Sadly know they do, sadly when needed they didn't. :roll:

But hey. The fucking Catholics are worse and have always have been.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Tim Westwood’s dad was the bishop of Peterborough .
Man U and rangers