Climate Change - Case Closed !

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Rossco

Re: Climate Change - Case Closed !

Post by Rossco »

Roy Twing wrote:
Royal24s wrote: Then ...... What's the point ? You're never going to disbelieve or contradict the masser are you ?

That’s the 64 thousand dollar question.
The answer as you know is there is no point.
We all have our entrenched viewpoints and many of us have been on here for 10 years or more, and to my knowledge not a single one of us has ever moved an inch from our original position.
No point in debating because when the other person loses the debate they just obfuscate or ignore, so all we can do is preach our own views and beliefs.
Errrr........Hello!!!
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Rossco wrote:
finchman wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
finchman wrote:What happened to Global Warming?

Why is it refered to as climate change now?

I smell a leftie agenda.
"Leftie" as in something you disagree with.

It is called climate change because that's a more accurate description. Global warming is causing climate change.

Our weather systems have for centuries remained in broadly the same places on the globe. Tropical, temperate, and so on.They may move marginally from year to year, but fundamentally not far and not for long.

But that is starting to happen. That is why people are now talking about- for example- the likelihood that the south of England within 20 years could have a climate approaching mediterranean qualities, which means the possibility of growing crops ( like vines) that have been at best marginal in recent times. But that also means that crops that flourish in temperate conditions will not be viable.

These changes have massive effects on our society and economy.

And the increasing frequency of extreme weather events, such as the flooding we have seen here in the last few years are a product of the turbulence as this movement occurs.

We may not, despite our measures, stop or even reverse these changes but we mght at least delay their effect and give us more time to manage the changes it will produce.
So in a nutshell, climate change is a more accurate description than global warming??,.....hillman,you seem to know nothing about everything mate.

Who should I believe, hillman off here,or the president of the USA?.............Mmmm.
Long story short the whole global warming scam was found out a couple of years ago. Loads of emails leaked and scientists pushing global warming taking back handers all over the shop. Look into that yourself if don't believe me.

So they had to change tactics as they do....so it is now Climate change. But same scam. Money to be made. Plus certain gas companies and oil companies using it against their competitors in the market. The ones with links to government to own up everything. Greedy people all round. But they do it under the guise of good and blame you and me for it at the same time. Cause they are a pack of liars and thieves.

Plus it has been proven over the last few years the earth is getting colder. So climate change suits all round....because guess what Finchy....you ready for this bombshell...hold on to your hat here encase it blows your head apart...more than wee Wigan winning the F.A. Cup......climate changes....MIND BLOWN or what??
Once again can you link me to a report where it says the earth is getting colder?

As seems to go against all the reports I've read

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

It's amazing how all the global warming enthusiasts seem to be left leaning and pro EU as well. That's my impression at least. Yet another carve up on political grounds?

These types are supposed to hate giant corporate entities but the tax paid to them on green issues in monstrous. Then you have other industrialists who can't wait for even more green taxes to be applied in the EU while the sod off to China and invest there with nothing to keep their non green credential in check.

Not a very consistent standpoint I'd argue.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

PG30 wrote:
Rossco wrote:
finchman wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
finchman wrote:What happened to Global Warming?

Why is it refered to as climate change now?

I smell a leftie agenda.
"Leftie" as in something you disagree with.

It is called climate change because that's a more accurate description. Global warming is causing climate change.

Our weather systems have for centuries remained in broadly the same places on the globe. Tropical, temperate, and so on.They may move marginally from year to year, but fundamentally not far and not for long.

But that is starting to happen. That is why people are now talking about- for example- the likelihood that the south of England within 20 years could have a climate approaching mediterranean qualities, which means the possibility of growing crops ( like vines) that have been at best marginal in recent times. But that also means that crops that flourish in temperate conditions will not be viable.

These changes have massive effects on our society and economy.

And the increasing frequency of extreme weather events, such as the flooding we have seen here in the last few years are a product of the turbulence as this movement occurs.

We may not, despite our measures, stop or even reverse these changes but we mght at least delay their effect and give us more time to manage the changes it will produce.
So in a nutshell, climate change is a more accurate description than global warming??,.....hillman,you seem to know nothing about everything mate.

Who should I believe, hillman off here,or the president of the USA?.............Mmmm.
Long story short the whole global warming scam was found out a couple of years ago. Loads of emails leaked and scientists pushing global warming taking back handers all over the shop. Look into that yourself if don't believe me.

So they had to change tactics as they do....so it is now Climate change. But same scam. Money to be made. Plus certain gas companies and oil companies using it against their competitors in the market. The ones with links to government to own up everything. Greedy people all round. But they do it under the guise of good and blame you and me for it at the same time. Cause they are a pack of liars and thieves.

Plus it has been proven over the last few years the earth is getting colder. So climate change suits all round....because guess what Finchy....you ready for this bombshell...hold on to your hat here encase it blows your head apart...more than wee Wigan winning the F.A. Cup......climate changes....MIND BLOWN or what??
Once again can you link me to a report where it says the earth is getting colder?

As seems to go against all the reports I've read
If you are on here then you are online....work away. Don't let me hold you back from the truth. But I ain't holding your hand to find it.

Also while you are looking into that, look into the backhanders for the liars pushing this nonsense and all.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Right. Ban all cars now! Everyone can walk or buy a horse.

BEER SUPPLIES IN DANGER, WARN GLOBAL-WARMING ACTIVISTS

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

But the wine industry is rubbing their hands

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Please show us how governments have prospered from "green taxes". They are largely used to fund lower-energy solutions.

Please show us how governments have not actually suffered a fall in tax take by the structural plans to eliminate or reduce high-consumption vehicles.

Tell us how not doing anything until China does is anything but pettiness taken to a fatal extreme.
Not pettiness, - pointlessness. We share the same global climate in case it escaped your notice.
If China increases its emissions at a rate that more than wipes out any ANNUAL savings we make in a matter of WEEKS, - 'please tell us' what is the point until there is global reduction?

As to the naive comments regarding our altruistic government and related kind hearted souls, they are, well, naive, and unworthy of further response.

And you are fully understanding of atmospheric physics ? Like most people generally you have not got the faintest clue about science but rely on misguided dogmatic views to judge this incredibly serious issue. Like idiot politicians who are firmly entrenched with left , centrist or right wing views. This is an incredibly serious issue for the planet starting with the oceans. Taxpayers will be affected enormously too by severe weather events. Farmers who have generally had a very stable climate to perfect agriculture over the last ten thousand years will be severely hit.

And by the way we don't share the same climate. Weather events yes. There are distinct climate types for differing regions of the globe which are shifting.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

m4rkb wrote:It's amazing how all the global warming enthusiasts seem to be left leaning and pro EU as well. That's my impression at least. Yet another carve up on political grounds?

These types are supposed to hate giant corporate entities but the tax paid to them on green issues in monstrous. Then you have other industrialists who can't wait for even more green taxes to be applied in the EU while the sod off to China and invest there with nothing to keep their non green credential in check.

Not a very consistent standpoint I'd argue.

I voted leave and I hold a mix of views which would be described left, centrist or right wing on different subjects. I base my views on evidence and logic not irrational nonsense. Not one piece of evidence contradicts the model of anthropogenic global warming. Aside from a view volcanic events that have caused temporary global cooling the trend is upwards in global temperatures.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

subsub

Post by subsub »

ovechkin8 wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Please show us how governments have prospered from "green taxes". They are largely used to fund lower-energy solutions.

Please show us how governments have not actually suffered a fall in tax take by the structural plans to eliminate or reduce high-consumption vehicles.

Tell us how not doing anything until China does is anything but pettiness taken to a fatal extreme.
Not pettiness, - pointlessness. We share the same global climate in case it escaped your notice.
If China increases its emissions at a rate that more than wipes out any ANNUAL savings we make in a matter of WEEKS, - 'please tell us' what is the point until there is global reduction?

As to the naive comments regarding our altruistic government and related kind hearted souls, they are, well, naive, and unworthy of further response.

And you are fully understanding of atmospheric physics ? Like most people generally you have not got the faintest clue about science but rely on misguided dogmatic views to judge this incredibly serious issue. Like idiot politicians who are firmly entrenched with left , centrist or right wing views. This is an incredibly serious issue for the planet starting with the oceans. Taxpayers will be affected enormously too by severe weather events. Farmers who have generally had a very stable climate to perfect agriculture over the last ten thousand years will be severely hit.

And by the way we don't share the same climate. Weather events yes. There are distinct climate types for differing regions of the globe which are shifting.

Buenas noches, Ovechkin, hope you're well.
Roy is no longer part of TF, I believe.
As for m4rk's infantile remarks, the less said the better.
WOKE AND PROUD

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Hallo subsub. I hope you are well too. I do find David Attenborough's comments on the Beeb pertinent. Need more serious programming on BBC1 and 2 rather than chase ratings. BBC4 and Radio 3/4 remain pillars of excellence.

The amount of evidence gathered from ocean sediments, acidity, changes in vegetation, species distribution is so overwhelming it amazes me that individuals are still out there thinking this is some vast conspiracy. Heads in the sand syndrome. Australia's recent decision to continue with coal is mind boggling considering the solar energy resources they possess. All for the expediency of preserving mining jobs and feeding exports to China so they can choke themselves and the world to death. Instead of reskilling miners for instance to become workers in the new industry. Mind numbingly stupid.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

I find it truly depressing to see the criticism politicians get for taking measures on climate change, when those measures are invariably too little and too late.
My criticism would be that none of them have the vision or courage to tell us what we must do ( with all the pain) now for the benefit of others in the future - people who will not have a vote on the future of those politicians.
And of course those without any real integrity feel that the cretin Trump's actions legitimise their complacency.
It may well be that people who believe in climate change, who are anti-Brexit, and all the rest, ARE linked. So what.
Oh and by the way, I was in Alsace two weeks ago. They are worried about it like most sensible people. It's not as simple as "it's getting warmer, so you will get more/better wine". It will cause havoc across the world's wine-growing regions.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I would not say I totally disbelieve the climate change science but I am hugely suspicious of the amount of people who are making money out of it. Certain environmental groups are so heavily funded if they spout the right rhetoric and the industries behind them so lucrative with taxpayer money that I like to keep a brake on how far I am prepared to throw my weight behind everything they say.

We've already seen the likes of Cameron's father in law pocket £365k a year for merely putting a pile of windmills on his vast expanses of land as well as other massive examples of green crony capitalism to be a bit wary.

I also find it amazing how none of these scientists seem to recognise the validity of sun spot activity which many of the scientists on the opposite (unfunded) side say is the main driving force.

Global warning is a global taxation scam - or it should be at least debated this might be the case.

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Climate scientists are fully aware of the effect of sunspot activity, passage through the outer reaches of the galaxy and interactions with other stars, variations in orbit and inclination which all have an effect on global climate.

The trend for global temperatures is upward and it is driven by greenhouse gas emissions. There have been plenty of fraudulent scientists sponsored by the those with a vested interest in maintaining fossil fuels such as those used by Nigel Lawson. But proper peer reviewed research points conclusively the other way. These scientists are gathering data all the while to try and predict the effects of this and they warned idiot politicians about this decades ago.

However business interests seem to ride roughshod over science always. Be it the idiots ignoring collapsing fish stocks despite the warnings of those studying fish populations or the rubbish espoused by tobacco companies over the non existent risks of smoking when tackling those epidemiologists who were showing causal links between this filthy habit and various cancers. Now we all know who was telling the truth and who was telling porkies. The same applies to this man made climate change.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Hillman avenger wrote:I was in Alsace two weeks ago. They are worried about it like most sensible people. It's not as simple as "it's getting warmer, so you will get more/better wine". It will cause havoc across the world's wine-growing regions.

Exactly.
Comments like that are ill-informed and utterly moronic.

If a hot climate was the only requirement to make great wine, then all the world's best vineyards would be located on the equator. They're not.
WOKE AND PROUD