Climate Change - Case Closed !

In-depth debate on all topical issues
ovechkin8

Re: Climate Change - Case Closed !

Post by ovechkin8 »

Wine will be the least of peoples worries. Just getting crops harvested without losing them will be an issue. People seem to think it's perfectly fine to carry on as before ignoring the potential risk of a runaway greenhouse. All that methane locked up as clathrates and in the permafrost for instance. We have had very rapid changes in global temperature associated with clathrate release as at the PETM maximum.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

ovechkin8 wrote:Climate scientists are fully aware of the effect of sunspot activity, passage through the outer reaches of the galaxy and interactions with other stars, variations in orbit and inclination which all have an effect on global climate.

The trend for global temperatures is upward and it is driven by greenhouse gas emissions. There have been plenty of fraudulent scientists sponsored by the those with a vested interest in maintaining fossil fuels such as those used by Nigel Lawson. But proper peer reviewed research points conclusively the other way. These scientists are gathering data all the while to try and predict the effects of this and they warned idiot politicians about this decades ago.

However business interests seem to ride roughshod over science always. Be it the idiots ignoring collapsing fish stocks despite the warnings of those studying fish populations or the rubbish espoused by tobacco companies over the non existent risks of smoking when tackling those epidemiologists who were showing causal links between this filthy habit and various cancers. Now we all know who was telling the truth and who was telling porkies. The same applies to this man made climate change.

And only this week the BBC got a bollocking for allowing Lawson to talk his shite without any challenge. And on here they are alleged to be in the vanguard of leftist/climate change obsessives.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:I would not say I totally disbelieve the climate change science but I am hugely suspicious of the amount of people who are making money out of it. Certain environmental groups are so heavily funded if they spout the right rhetoric and the industries behind them so lucrative with taxpayer money that I like to keep a brake on how far I am prepared to throw my weight behind everything they say.

We've already seen the likes of Cameron's father in law pocket £365k a year for merely putting a pile of windmills on his vast expanses of land as well as other massive examples of green crony capitalism to be a bit wary.

I also find it amazing how none of these scientists seem to recognise the validity of sun spot activity which many of the scientists on the opposite (unfunded) side say is the main driving force.

Global warning is a global taxation scam - or it should be at least debated this might be the case.

So you think there's a plot.
What a surprise
As to who is unfunded just do ten minutes research. The side that has money thrown at it is the fossil fuel one. See how much Exxon has spent.
Tosser.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Unfortunately the globalist vultures circling have already worked out the best way of making the most profit from it and are now advising clueless politicians who want to appear on the bandwagon what to do. The answer is to obviously give them money.

It's a industrialised fucking scam riding on top of genuine concerns - and if I'm honest, genuine science.

The more they can cajole the gullible public into believing this scam , the easier it is to carry out.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I would not say I totally disbelieve the climate change science but I am hugely suspicious of the amount of people who are making money out of it. Certain environmental groups are so heavily funded if they spout the right rhetoric and the industries behind them so lucrative with taxpayer money that I like to keep a brake on how far I am prepared to throw my weight behind everything they say.

We've already seen the likes of Cameron's father in law pocket £365k a year for merely putting a pile of windmills on his vast expanses of land as well as other massive examples of green crony capitalism to be a bit wary.

I also find it amazing how none of these scientists seem to recognise the validity of sun spot activity which many of the scientists on the opposite (unfunded) side say is the main driving force.

Global warning is a global taxation scam - or it should be at least debated this might be the case.

So you think there's a plot.
What a surprise
As to who is unfunded just do ten minutes research. The side that has money thrown at it is the fossil fuel one. See how much Exxon has spent.
Tosser.

You're getting a little bit too worked up here Hillman.

I suggest you chill out a bit.

As a friend, here's a video I like to watch when I feel like chilling out too.

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:Unfortunately the globalist vultures circling have already worked out the best way of making the most profit from it and are now advising clueless politicians who want to appear on the bandwagon what to do. The answer is to obviously give them money.

It's a industrialised fucking scam riding on top of genuine concerns - and if I'm honest, genuine science.

The more they can cajole the gullible public into believing this scam , the easier it is to carry out.

Whether or not people are working out how to profit from it, it remains the case that we are headed for a climate catastrophe.
And there isn't a respected scientist anywhere who disagrees.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Something else I dispute - all the scaremongering.
Yet more predictions of catastrophe.
This is just guesswork dressed up as fact.
If it was this certain they'd ground every plane. As it stands it's just us on our miniscule island and the west who are asked to solve the problem by giving copious amounts of tax payer funding to giant corporations and other friends of the industry.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Unfortunately the globalist vultures circling have already worked out the best way of making the most profit from it and are now advising clueless politicians who want to appear on the bandwagon what to do. The answer is to obviously give them money.

Whether or not people are working out how to profit from it, it remains the case that we are headed for a climate catastrophe.

Whether we are headed for a climate catastrophe or not, throwing billions at it to try and prevent it, would be a complete waste.

History shows that the world he been through climate changes before, a very long time before we came along. Global warming due to mankind's activities is unproven and probably a load of bollocks anyway. Change is irreversible, it's nature.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Hillman avenger

Totally wrong.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

Whether we are headed for a climate catastrophe or not, throwing billions at it to try and prevent it, would be a complete waste.

History shows that the world he been through climate changes before, a very long time before we came along.Global warming due to mankind's activities is unproven and probably a load of bollocks anyway. Change is irreversible, it's nature.
Like the link between lung cancer & smoking was. The overwhelming consensus of people with relevant expertise think climate change is a problem we need to deal with. Why would anyone choose not to listen to them?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Carry on highlighting text to suit you agenda, I said global warming.

Just to be clear, so that you can't misinterpret owt else. Global warming is a part of climate change and it's happening irrespective of anything we do to try and stop or slow it.

Hillman avenger

Yes the earth goes through cycles.
But this is the first one to be intensified and accelerated by human action.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Zambo wrote:Carry on highlighting text to suit you agenda, I said global warming.

Just to be clear, so that you can't misinterpret owt else. Global warming is a part of climate change and it's happening irrespective of anything we do to try and stop or slow it.

I highlighted the specific bit of your post I was responding to, so what I wrote made sense. No intention to misrepresent what you said.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:Carry on highlighting text to suit you agenda, I said global warming.

I highlighted the specific bit of your post I was responding to, so what I wrote made sense. No intention to misrepresent what you said.

That part of the text related to Global Warming, which is really an entirely different matter, particularly to the gullible in this context. The globe is getting hotter. Some people think mankind has contributed to that, I don't. Global warming is part of climate change, which again happens in cycles if you believe the historians. Turning off a few car engines, reducing the number of times you squirt yourself with deodorant, breathing out less, making cows eat seawead or blocking their butholes up, and letting my weeds grow instead of spraying them, isn't going to make a scrap of difference.

If they want to know why the climate is changing, then they would be better researching more the activity from the sun. That is what makes the earth hotter or colder

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Yes the earth goes through cycles.
But this is the first one to be intensified and accelerated by human action.

Meant to say, was up in London on Weds. BBC weather forecast said light cloud and 17. Pissed it down nearly all day with the needle nudging 13.5.

Climate change that the BBC didn't take account of?