John Bercow

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: John Bercow

Post by kancutlawns »

Fair enough Roy. Things are very polarised in society because of the inaction over Brexit. I fully appreciate with leavers want to leave the EU. Understand that there is misinformation which those of both sides of the fence are indignant about. Feelings are running high both here and in the outside world as all our lives and values are being and going to be affected in one way or another.

Would like it if the whole thing finished quickly.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Is the wee fella bercow supposed to be impartial?
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Napoleon complex . Reinforces the stereotype of an angry short men to compensate for lack of stature...which does not apply to all short
men. And with the addition of being a cuckold has made him a rabid , frothing at the mouth certified swivel-eyed loon.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

paolo wrote:Is the wee fella bercow supposed to be impartial?

Yep, - that's the point (in my eyes at least):

Wiki:
"Unlike presiding officers of legislatures in many other countries, speakers remain strictly non-partisan and renounce all affiliation with their former political parties when taking office and afterwards. The Speaker does not take part in debate or vote".
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote:

Wiki:
"Unlike presiding officers of legislatures in many other countries, speakers remain strictly non-partisan and renounce all affiliation with their former political parties when taking office and afterwards. The Speaker does not take part in debate or vote".

Well tbf, he did relinquish affiliation to the Conservatives. :?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

Wiki:

Well tbf, he did relinquish affiliation to the Conservatives. :?

Yep - unofficially around 6 months before becoming speaker.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Never going to happen but it’s rather cathartic in these times of uncertainty seeing the gammons getting enraged over the prospect of Bercow becoming the leader of national unity. You just can’t get a good man down.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

He'll go down in history as a snivelling little shit that he always was.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

paolo

Post by paolo »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:He'll go down in history as a snivelling little shit that he always was.

vile cuckold....go roger

nasty little bastard needs the ultimate justice

treason
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Seems an eminently likeable bloke with a mischievous sense of humour. A real character who has ignited mine and others interest in parliamentary politics. Possesses an insatiable knowledge in constitutional history and doesn’t take any shit from the naysayers.

He changed from the nasty Monday Club, perhaps he can inspire others with that mindset to do the same.

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:Seems an eminently likeable bloke with a mischievous sense of humour. A real character who has ignited mine and others interest in parliamentary politics. Possesses an insatiable knowledge in constitutional history and doesn’t take any shit from the naysayers.

He changed from the nasty Monday Club, perhaps he can inspire others with that mindset to do the same.

fucking hell, lawnsy

the vile cunt makes blair look pleasant
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

kancutlawns wrote:Seems an eminently likeable bloke with a mischievous sense of humour. A real character who has ignited mine and others interest in parliamentary politics. Possesses an insatiable knowledge in constitutional history and doesn’t take any shit from the naysayers.

The exact same words could be applied to Nigel Farage.
And who could not love a bloke who enjoys a pint of real ale at 6 a.m. in the morning. All true Brits should adopt this custom
on every 24th June , our very own Independence Day.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

birdie

Post by birdie »

paolo wrote:

fucking hell, lawnsy

the vile cunt makes blair look pleasant

I don't, for one minute, suggest otherwise, but I hazard a guess that I watch more of the proceedings in the Chamber than most on here have time to do, so I've seen Bercow and how snide he can be.
He seems to have taken upon himself to be chief insult thrower at the Government benches, he's done it for years, throwing snide remarks and sheer nastiness at Tory MP's yet letting the Opposition benches get away with bad behaviour willy nilly.
When he was first elected some political commentators started logging how many times he ticked off each side and came up with the stat that he ticked off the Tories far more times than the Labour side even though the transgressions by Labour were more often than not worthy of censure.
He could have controlled the House much better last week, instead he allowed Labour to behave like spoiled brats in the playground, Barry Sheerman (and others) should have been pulled up for his behaviour yet Bercow did diddly squat, and then wondered why Johnson wasn't as diplomatic as he should have been.
Yes, he has bought in innovations, not all for the better, and had he said some of the things he has to members in a four ale bar he would have got a knuckle sandwich, he knows that he can insult members at will and all they can't do anything about it.
Some of the insults and asides he throws at members are just plain childish, and done to bring attention to himself, he often glances up at the public gallery at the same time to see if the scribblers are taking notice.
The only one I seem to recall telling him he's a bully is someone who stood up to speak when the Clerk of the House was retiring, due, it was reported, to Bercow's bullying of him and he couldn't stand it any longer, Bercow sat there looking thunderous but knew he couldn't do anything but listen.
He's bought the Office of Speaker into disrepute on many occasions and I don't think he will be missed by many.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Bercow is rated by those who support his blatant impartiality, and hated by those who think that everything he does is with prejudice.

You very rarely see any middle ground, you very rarely see condemnation from some when he is obviously favouring Remainers and you very rarely see acknowledgement at all when he does what he is supposed to be doing.

Anyone who denies that happens are amongst the people I'm talking about.

Probably what disappoints me most on this forum in recent times.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Impartiality LOL. MPs are supposed to be impartial too and represent the views of ALL of their constituents but it’s OK for cunts to show their partisanship isn’t it?

Would you and the others here who have been whining constantly over the past few months about his supposed bias be doing so if he was vocal about leaving the EU? Of course you wouldn’t, suck it up and stop being so bitter. :wink:

He’s still winding up the snowflake gammons so it’s all good.