Immigration, Asylum etc. Pt 3

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Eaststand

Re: Immigration, Asylum etc. Pt 3

Post by Eaststand »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:The basic logic is that EU immigrants tend to come here without their families, pay taxes, rarely use the NHS, are not users of the education system, and go back before they reach pension age, and given our ageing population, end up subsidising us.
Not though, a proposition made welcome in the age of Brexit.

so EU migrants never get ill, don't send their children to school , and don't retire here.
As for the ageing population being a burden, let's forget about the tax they paid in for our past governments to squander.
Our favourite migrant, roy, can answer all of our questions.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:The basic logic is that EU immigrants tend to come here without their families, pay taxes, rarely use the NHS, are not users of the education system, and go back before they reach pension age, and given our ageing population, end up subsidising us.

so EU migrants never get ill, don't send their children to school , and don't retire here.
As for the ageing population being a burden, let's forget about the tax they paid in for our past governments to squander.
Our favourite migrant, roy, can answer all of our questions.

He can of course but it will be caveated by not so subtle speech marks, cynical smears and humourless jibes at left liberal politicians, Muslim scum and academics he despises.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:

A lot of the EU immigrants are either too young to have families or leave them at home while they come here to work. There is also evidence that they rarely use the health services.
Remember we have a serious problem accumulating in that we have an ageing population which will be costly in terms of benefits and healthcare, and we face a declining population of people of work age. In that scenario people who come in to work and pay taxes are a big help.
We've been through this before.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:

A lot of the EU immigrants are either too young to have families or leave them at home while they come here to work. There is also evidence that they rarely use the health services.
Remember we have a serious problem accumulating in that we have an ageing population which will be costly in terms of benefits and healthcare, and we face a declining population of people of work age. In that scenario people who come in to work and pay taxes are a big help.
We've been through this before.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Through it before or not, Alco makes some very valid points in his post.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

The point I tried (and failed it seems) to make, is that all any of us can do is speculate as to whether or not the mass immigration is genuinely benefiting the country medium and long term, or if (as I I suspect) it's just the equivalent of a wonga loan.
Hillman does what he does, and spouts the official line, but we don't get the true figures to back it up.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

paolo

Post by paolo »

with the working age forever increasing, retirement being put off, how much of an argument is there for importing unskilled workers to sustain the retirement of older people?

Is there really going to be a shortage of workers?

Will the calibre of workers coming in fulfill the requirements of more skilled workers who retire?

I heard that you had to earn over 37000 to become a contributor as a taker, ie, you take less in services and payments than you pay in taxes

how many of the new wave of immigrants will legally earn that amount or more?
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

paolo wrote:with the working age forever increasing, retirement being put off, how much of an argument is there for importing unskilled workers to sustain the retirement of older people?

Is there really going to be a shortage of workers?

Will the calibre of workers coming in fulfill the requirements of more skilled workers who retire?

I heard that you had to earn over 37000 to become a contributor as a taker, ie, you take less in services and payments than you pay in taxes

how many of the new wave of immigrants will legally earn that amount or more?

Talking about retirement, not all people will have to work longer

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AFAA1E4
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Personally I think the workplace in many countries will be totally fucked in under a couple of decades. Massive companies will rule the roost in a way that resembles the endgame in a game of monopoly and automation will see menial jobs including driving jobs taken by robots. Telephony jobs will almost completely be replaced by computers and the employed workforce will be the lowest it's ever been as a result.

More horrifyingly, those on benefits will burgeon out of control while those in work will be expected to cough up for every single penny to pay for them even though they may not be able to pay their own way. We already see this partly with public sector pensions where those made to pay for them haven't even got an adequate provision in place for themselves but Council Tax demands they pay someone else's first.

It's hard to see how any of this is sustainable even with the most optimistic view on planet earth. Something has to give.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:Personally I think the workplace in many countries will be totally fucked in under a couple of decades. Massive companies will rule the roost in a way that resembles the endgame in a game of monopoly and automation will see menial jobs including driving jobs taken by robots. Telephony jobs will almost completely be replaced by computers and the employed workforce will be the lowest it's ever been as a result.

More horrifyingly, those on benefits will burgeon out of control while those in work will be expected to cough up for every single penny to pay for them even though they may not be able to pay their own way. We already see this partly with public sector pensions where those made to pay for them haven't even got an adequate provision in place for themselves but Council Tax demands they pay someone else's first.

It's hard to see how any of this is sustainable even with the most optimistic view on planet earth. Something has to give.

I agree that the prognosis doesn't look good.
We all must live within our means and pay into a fair taxation system.
Instead, those of us who enjoy (touch wood) good health and reasonably well-paid employment, pay for all sorts of dregs of society.
The welfare state/system needs wiping clean and starting again.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

For those of you who think there's plenty of space here, if this scheme works, you may think differently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... IMBYs.html
E & OE

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote:For those of you who think there's plenty of space here, if this scheme works, you may think differently.

The Tories really do seem hell bent on self destruction.

Not that I give a toss. Infact, I welcome it.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:For those of you who think there's plenty of space here, if this scheme works, you may think differently.

As would I, - if not for the certainty that the alternative will be far far worse.
E & OE

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

As would I, - if not for the certainty that the alternative will be far far worse.

Probably, but given the way May is leading the country, even I am beginning to have my doubts.

I suspect a Corbyn led government would last less than year.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

For those who still believe the propaganda that mass immigration is 'good' for us:

"Migrants from Eastern Europe received more in welfare than the average UK citizen — and paid less income tax, figures show"

I'm sure that the truth will show eventually that in fact, the overall migrant 'benefit' to the UK economy was a lie, - but not until,as usual, it's too late.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5776790/e ... in-a-year/
E & OE