Immigration, Asylum etc. Pt 3

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: Immigration, Asylum etc. Pt

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Zambo wrote:Who wants immigrants to disappear overnight?

Any balanced thinking person, surely realises the benefits of immigration, but just wants it controlled to ensure that our services are not over-stretched even further than they are. It's also stupid to keep letting anyone in, without knowing their value to this country. They also need to be screened for previous criminal activity.

The point of that report I mentioned is that although migrants may well contribute more than they take out (although I take that with a substantial pinch of salt), it appears they 'contribute' less than the rest of us.
If so, given the insane strain upon this relatively overcrowded country, the question has to be - why mass immigration?

If you don’t believe the statistics why link to that Sun article? They quote government statistics but deliberately omit the statistics that show EU immigrants are net contributors because they’re pushing an anti Brexit agenda on behalf of anti British xenophobe Rupert Murdoch.

BTW

Not even the Sun is claiming EU immigrants are contributing less than the rest of us. They’ve left out statistics that don’t suit & chosen their words carefully.

Where did I say I didn't believe the statistics ralph?
The point is it would appear that immigrants contribute less than the rest of the UK taxpayers. Will you at least acknowledge that amongst all the spin?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Re: Immigration, Asylum etc. Pt 3

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:If you want to know the real reason, Rupert Murdoch, despite having a weird antipathy towards the British, has such a keen interest in Brexit.....

https://www.indy100.com/article/this-te ... yMaFTE890x

I have no interest in the Sun or its proprietor.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:For those who still believe the propaganda that mass immigration is 'good' for us:

"Migrants from Eastern Europe received more in welfare than the average UK citizen — and paid less income tax, figures show"

I'm sure that the truth will show eventually that in fact, the overall migrant 'benefit' to the UK economy was a lie, - but not until,as usual, it's too late.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5776790/e ... in-a-year/

Well I suppose it’s half true, which is better than usual for the Sun.

"Migrants from Eastern Europe received more in welfare than the average UK citizen — and paid less income tax, figures show" :roll:

Net tax contribution £13.6 billion. The Sun new that was a relevant fact. That’s why they deliberately omitted it.

Do any of these figures (drain & contribution) take into account the increased burden on the NHS, education, transport infrastructure etc?

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Steve Hunt wrote:Do any of these figures (drain & contribution) take into account the increased burden on the NHS, education, transport infrastructure etc?

Obviously it doesn't Steve, only quite high earners are net contributors to the economy after all factors are added up.

The study is obviously disingenuous.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

The drain in terms of education, healthcare, etc, is thought to be lower in immigrants than in "the rest of us"
For various reasons
The majority are young, unmarried and coming from societies where healthcare is only for the rich ( I suppose that includes the US, come to think of it).
https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-immigrat ... ssure-nhs/
The major drain on the NHS is the ageing population where people typically have several conditions, some of them chronic, and once in the hospital system end up "bed-blocking" because of inadequate social care.
Last edited by Hillman avenger on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Hillman avenger wrote:The drain in terms of education, healthcare, etc, is thought to be lower in immigrants than in "the rest of us"
For various reasons
The majority are young, unmarried and coming from societies where healthcare is only for the rich ( I suppose that includes the US, come to think of it).
https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-immigrat ... ssure-nhs/
The major drain on the NHS is the ageing population where people typically have several conditions, some of them chronic, and once in the hospital system end up "bed-blocking" because of inadequate social care.

That's not what that link says at all.

Also your theory relies on immigrants returning before they get old and unhealthy and I'm not convinced most do, humans tend to like to settle and make roots.

Hillman avenger

The article says that,if anything, immigrants make a net contribution.
I am elaborating on why that is.
And as for the "ageing of immigrants", that has been the pattern for most EU immigrants ( Eastern Europeans at least) and given Brexit that will be even more true.
But if you are right, they would become a problem decades in the future. Whereas they are being blamed NOW for NHS pressures.

Hillman avenger

I was in Birmingham last night and on the way back, took a bus to where our car was parked. which was Hall Green.

This bus passes through Sparkbrook and Spark hill and not surprisingly had maybe 10 asian people on it.
A white lady in her late fifties/early sixties spoke very loudly towards where most of the asian passengers were sitting.
"Theresa May was right , you should so back to where you came from"..after she left one of the asians pointed out that this was the reason he was on the bus- to go home.
"Wait till Brexit- then you'll be sorted out"..she perhaps hadn't quite grasped what Brexit is about.

What was noticeable was how the other passengers remained calm. One young and prosperous-looking young asian even smiled a little.

I got the impression that this was not a new experience for them.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

:---)
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Roy Twing wrote::---)

I wouldn't call it out just yet as totally unbelievable bollocks until he claims he had a wonderfully multicultural experience in and around the restaurants of Sparkbrook.

Lowering the bar here slightly , if he claims to have *ANY* positive experience of this area , I will be calling it out as total bollocks.

I know plenty of Asians in this neck of the woods, and if even they claim it's a cesspit, I guess we'll have to rule out any concept of anecdotal evidence.

But I'm most interested to here much more about this recent foray - as are many who know this area well.

It could turn out to be TripAdvisor's equivalent of a holiday in the Bronx :lol:

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I seem to remember recommending Hillman go on a multicultural holiday to Sparkbrook a few years ago instead of the one he went on which was steeped in white privilege and white supremacy.

Maybe someone should tell him it's the Jihadist capital of the UK.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Hillman avenger wrote:I was in Birmingham last night and on the way back, took a bus to where our car was parked. which was Hall Green.

This bus passes through Sparkbrook and Spark hill and not surprisingly had maybe 10 asian people on it.
A white lady in her late fifties/early sixties spoke very loudly towards where most of the asian passengers were sitting.
"Theresa May was right , you should so back to where you came from"..after she left one of the asians pointed out that this was the reason he was on the bus- to go home.
"Wait till Brexit- then you'll be sorted out"..she perhaps hadn't quite grasped what Brexit is about.

What was noticeable was how the other passengers remained calm. One young and prosperous-looking young asian even smiled a little.

And you expect us to believe that?

:lol: :lol:

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Those selfish old white people clogging up the country and holding up those healthy immigrants just raring to get to work
and fill our tax coffers with tons of cash. How dare they ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Hillman avenger wrote:I was in Birmingham last night and on the way back, took a bus to where our car was parked. which was Hall Green.

And yet posters say you don't have a sense of humour.

:lol:
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sorry Hillman, but this bit gave you away.

'This bus passes through Sparkbrook and Spark hill and not surprisingly had maybe 10 asian people on it.'
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On