BBC Bias - Part 2

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Re: BBC Bias - Part 2

Post by Robert Heenan »

kancutlawns wrote:It’s easy to be wise after the event and position oneself as an oracle thinking that everything is black and white. I’m sure that the time that Savile was operating there, there were smoke and mirrors with lots of rumours. How do you know there was no suspicion about his behaviour and no internal enquiries? Again with Harris and Hall, it’s easy to be wise after the event and I’m genuinely curious if you were on TF and other media channels vociferously campaigning against Savile some years ago. If not then I suspect you’re raging retrospectively to compensate for a sense of impotence and just for the sake of having a go at the BBC.

Quite frankly I just skipped through your tedious waffle and bollocks

It's difficult getting logic and common sense into your skull do I won't bother wasting my time with you by repeating myself

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Well that’s progress then. So I’ve made you feel uncomfortable by asking you some searching questions about yourself?

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Robert Heenan wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:I had a look at how TOTP was shared between presenters.
I was surprised at how many there were
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_T ... presenters
Maybe it's subsequent revelations that makes us remember Saville., but in fact there were a dozen or so regulars

Pathetic!

Jimmy Savile was an integral part of the BBC. To make out Savile only had brief and minor role at the BBC is completely twisting the reality and whitewashing the BBC of any blame whatsoever.

It truly is disgusting how you sink to such depth to protect the BBC monster

Indeed. Jimmy Saville wasn't just a presenter though. He was one of the faces of the BBC during his time there, the same as Terry Wogan and Bruce Forsyth. To make out that Saville was just passing through, as it were, is to ignore the truth. Which it seems, was what the BBC did, until forced to do otherwise.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Saville did TOTP at most, monthly.
He had a radio show before that.
And Jim'll Fix IT-wouldn't have thought there was much scope for him there.
And still the question is unanswered- why are not LGI and Stoke Mandeville accused of the same or worse?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Hillman avenger wrote:Saville did TOTP at most, monthly.
And still the question is unanswered- why are not LGI and Stoke Mandeville accused of the same or worse?

Exactly, seems convenient to put the blame entirely on the BBC when those other two establishments allowed him to operate his lifestyle way before he became a household name.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Well they should come under scrutiny as well. And perhaps if someone starts a thread on that, then it can be explored. This is the BBC bias thread however, so if Saville's activities are brought up here, it should be in relation to his relationship with the BBC.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Darkyboy wrote:

Well they should come under scrutiny as well. And perhaps if someone starts a thread on that, then it can be explored. This is the BBC bias thread however, so if Saville's activities are brought up here, it should be in relation to his relationship with the BBC.

That's exactly it.

The problem we have here is the likes of Mr Hillman completely and I should add shamelessly whitewashing the BBCs role in allowing Jimmy Savile carte blanche to continue his paedophilia activity.

It's no good all this whatabouterry about LGI and Stoke Mandeville.... It's about deflecting all blame from the beloved and moral beacon of humanity the BBC onto others.

Trying to talk common sense and logic into Mr Hillman is hard work but I'm disgusted the depths he sinks to in defending the BBC

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Darkyboy wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:
Maybe it's subsequent revelations that makes us remember Saville., but in fact there were a dozen or so regulars

Pathetic!

Jimmy Savile was an integral part of the BBC. To make out Savile only had brief and minor role at the BBC is completely twisting the reality and whitewashing the BBC of any blame whatsoever.

Indeed. Jimmy Saville wasn't just a presenter though. He was one of the faces of the BBC during his time there, the same as Terry Wogan and Bruce Forsyth. To make out that Saville was just passing through, as it were, is to ignore the truth. Which it seems, was what the BBC did, until forced to do otherwise.

That's exactly what he does when it comes to the BBC and that ignore the truth and reality.

I'm not going to mention other topics

DasBoot

Post by DasBoot »

Hillman avenger wrote: And Jim'll Fix IT-wouldn't have thought there was much scope for him there.

Haha what??!! :shock:
Subsub- Runner up TOTY 2019.

Subsub- Winner TOTY 2020.

Hillman avenger

DasBoot wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote: And Jim'll Fix IT-wouldn't have thought there was much scope for him there.

Haha what??!! :shock:

If there were kids, their parents were there too.

Hillman avenger

I've just realised.
The BBC "bias" is not a bias within the BBC.
It's people here biased against it.
Ironic when these days anyone can pretend to be an expert and release utter shite onto the web, and someone will believe it ( hello guys) and one institution which tires to do it properly gets a kicking about once a week.

DasBoot

Post by DasBoot »

Hillman avenger wrote: If there were kids, their parents were there too.

I don't think that's correct. When our school went to see Crackerjack, there was not a parent there.

Anyway, Jim'll Fix It regularly had large group of kids on the show.
Subsub- Runner up TOTY 2019.

Subsub- Winner TOTY 2020.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Hillman avenger wrote:I've just realised.
Ironic when these days anyone can pretend to be an expert and release utter shite onto the web, and someone will believe it ( hello guys) and one institution which tires to do it properly gets a kicking about once a week.

Hillman, what are your credentials? What have you actually DONE in your life? Can you post your genuine CV? I've read much of what you have posted and in all honestly, it's all bollocks. You seem like an un-educated man who has never fucked a beautiful woman. I don't mean to offend, I'm genuinely interested.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Darkyboy wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:

Pathetic!

As is obvious to anyone with half a brain Darkyboy.

Not sure what Hillman is arguing about.

He was a nasty nonce and a lot of people at the BBC turned a blind eye to it, the same for Stoke Mandeville.

Heads should roll but they never will, such is the world.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:I've just realised.

Well, the thread (that you started, if memory serves) was to discuss whether the BBC is biased. It is, as was shown time and time again, before the thread was derailed by the "you're a racist" brigade. And yes, once you realise that the BBC has an agenda, they become fair game for criticism; especially given the way they are funded. If they provided an impartial news agenda, rather than clickbait "issues" like sexism, racism, transphobia etc etc, I would be less likely to criticise them. As it is, I still admire much of the BBC's output, but the organisation is rotten and needs serious reform.