Telford child sex abuse scandal

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: Telford child sex abuse scandal

Post by m4rkb »

I'm pretty sure his private opinion will differ from his public one.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I've said this before but every official letter I get from anyone remotely government linked requesting information from me always carries a threat written in bold declaring I could get fined about £20k or do a five stretch in HMP Bham.

Perhaps they should think about threatening their own employees in the same manner for negligence or in this case complicity in child abuse by failing to report (and act) on what they know.

At present it seems too easy on many fronts for people to simply deny knowledge or in the case of those in charge simply to ignore it.

Of course all of this blamed on worries about accusations of racism which should also be a punishable offence. Not that it will of course.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

This is the entire problem with every facet of life nowadays though. Theres no responsibility any more, which is evidenced when you have to make a complaint about anything.

It comes as a surprise to almost 100% of all workers nowadays when you get irate about some terrible service you have received, and they try and placate you by saying "theres no need to have a go at me, I didn't do so and so" and you always get a "oh yeah, hes right" reaction, when you explain to them "it is your responsibility, to me, you are the face of this company, I don't know you personally, I'm not attacking you personally, but I am talking to you as this company and as of now, it is your responsibility to deal with this complaint"

That is an issue that has only got worse and worse. You see signs in banks saying "we will not tolerate abuse to our staff" when banks are some of the most incompetent people on earth and lose your money all the time, send out payments.

The philosophy of "every one must have a nice day all the time" has created incompetence for everyone to see. Who cares about being good at your job when you can just get a customer ejected from the building if he is a bit annoyed at what youve done?
Build Back More Betterer

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

It’s no wonder so many brits want to migrate to New Zealand and Australia . They don’t tolerate this nonsense there
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:It’s no wonder so many brits want to migrate to New Zealand and Australia . They don’t tolerate this nonsense there

What do they do there?

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Who are all these brits "who want to emigrate to New Zealand?"

I can't conceive of coming home to tell the family..right, we are off, to the other side of the world. Forget home, friends, family, possessions, school, jobs and all the rest. We are going there because I am very dissatisfied with the way customer service is going in this country...

FFS
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

We are going so some maniac doesn't try to run us down in a "Truck of Peace" or blast us with a backpack filled with ScrewFix contents.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Jack Straw on today's Daily Politics:

“It goes back some of the nature of Pakistani society in the villages where these people come from, it’s very complicated, some people attribute it to Islam, that’s not the case at all.

“It’s a cultural problem about the way in which this particular segment of Pakistani men in this country happen to regard white girls…they see them as easy meat.”

Speaking of other scandals across the country Straw also said: “In Rotherham you’ve had these terrible examples where social services and police really covered their eyes to what was going on with disastrous consequences.”

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:We are going so some maniac doesn't try to run us down in a "Truck of Peace" or blast us with a backpack filled with ScrewFix contents.

Of course. A constant fear for us all.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

This wasn't just your average lazy incompetence.

This was wilful negligence and corruption on the part of the council, politicians and police.

Thousands abused for years and even decades.

What a shameful country we live in.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Which makes you wonder why.

Well actually it doesn't, obviously quite a few higher ups were involved.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Indeed East-O.

Glad you're still posting matey. :wink:

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Eaststand wrote:This is the entire problem with every facet of life nowadays though. Theres no responsibility any more, which is evidenced when you have to make a complaint about anything.

Have you ever watched 'Judge Judy'? For my sins I've been a fan of hers for 20+ years, ever since my first stint in the US when I first encountered her. That is EXACTLY what she says: It's everyone's else fault. Judge Judy is the highest rated TV show in the US and has been for quite some time. Why? Because people crave for someone to tell it like it is. Children need boundaries, it is good for them. So do adults.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Darkyboy wrote:West Mercia Police Supt Tom Harding "significantly disputed" the figures.

"I don't believe Telford is any worse than lots of places across England and Wales," he said.

If that statement is supposed to be reassuring, it really misses the mark.

UK policing, 2018:

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

As I've mentioned before, this is still the tip of the iceberg - from some insider knowledge, wait until brum hits the fan (and assumedly many others)
But still 'nothing to do with religion'.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE