We need to talk about suicide

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Lord Notin Kwestion

Re: We need to talk about suicide

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

"Is" being the key word horse.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

DasBoot

Post by DasBoot »

rorymac wrote:Suicide is a fact of life .. fucking surrounded by it carc.
Content ? .. my good friend has killed herself so poor me. My next thought is Ian Huntley and Tony Blair, my memoirs and fucking Charles Bukowski ?, fucking halfwit dead beatniks and cunts .. you want to be a writer don't you ? Get sober, get relevant .. there's a fucking universe of knowledge you haven't a clue about cos you're drinking yourself ingloriously to death.
You're still alive .. sort yourself !! out more like. RIP for that poor gal.

:dart:

The guy is stuck on a ghost forum spouting nonsense daily.
Subsub- Runner up TOTY 2019.

Subsub- Winner TOTY 2020.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

DasBoot wrote:
rorymac wrote:Suicide is a fact of life .. fucking surrounded by it carc.
Content ? .. my good friend has killed herself so poor me. My next thought is Ian Huntley and Tony Blair, my memoirs and fucking Charles Bukowski ?, fucking halfwit dead beatniks and cunts .. you want to be a writer don't you ? Get sober, get relevant .. there's a fucking universe of knowledge you haven't a clue about cos you're drinking yourself ingloriously to death.
You're still alive .. sort yourself !! out more like. RIP for that poor gal.

:dart:

The guy is stuck on a ghost forum spouting nonsense daily.

Hate to be the cunt who actually reads it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

DasBoot

Post by DasBoot »

You seem depressed Carcinogen. Find something away from here- make the effort. It's not easy, I know.
Subsub- Runner up TOTY 2019.

Subsub- Winner TOTY 2020.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Well harsh possibly but hey, if we leave your post about yourself out of it carc and really you want a serious discussion about suicide and why oh why or summink :

I believe it's a lack of meaning and purpose, exasperated by the harshness of life itself. Lack of a faith and a dying culture, the lack of a good orderly direction, lack of awareness of constantly applicable spiritual wisdom on how to behave for inner peace, the subsequent endemic victim mentality of blaming everything and everyone and lack of responsibility and realisation that the individual has to/and can find that meaning for themselves.

And the rise in mental illness/addiction/spiritual malady created by the loss of community and the understandable but tragic seeking of this on the internet.

If you accept, as you must do that life is tragic as well as joyful, that all political systems and cuntish ideologies, politicians, celebrities, are never going to give you the answer to the human condition then you know you have to do that for yourself .. stop looking in the wrong places getting advice from people who also have no clue, enabling you to go round and round in a circle of miserable shit .. hopefully before you top yourself and create more misery.

Your poor friend might have had a horrendous calamity she couldn't handle for all I know but look, getting mad and looking for things to blame is totally fucking useless. Contact her family and offer to be of help for starters, then get help for your alcoholism, then write your stupid fucking book, get rich, piss it up the wall, do that twice more, then read Tolstoy and realise how stupid it is to be human. Humility and fucking there but for the grace.
All that malarky.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

@rorymac

A five paragraph post is a rarirty here and I appluad you for your kind thoughtful post. You're clearly a good bloke.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I embrace rorz and carc equally. Two tines of the same tuning fork.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:I embrace rorz and carc equally. Two tines of the same tuning fork.

See what I mean? For all the bullshit ... sometimes a flower will bloom. We all have to wade through the mud of existence, then a meadow will appear on the horizon and we can kick off our shoes and gambol through grass like newborn lambs.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

<cups carco and ghosto by the nads> :smt028

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

rorymac wrote:Well harsh possibly but hey, if we leave your post about yourself out of it carc and really you want a serious discussion about suicide and why oh why or summink :

I believe it's a lack of meaning and purpose, exasperated by the harshness of life itself. Lack of a faith and a dying culture, the lack of a good orderly direction, lack of awareness of constantly applicable spiritual wisdom on how to behave for inner peace, the subsequent endemic victim mentality of blaming everything and everyone and lack of responsibility and realisation that the individual has to/and can find that meaning for themselves.

And the rise in mental illness/addiction/spiritual malady created by the loss of community and the understandable but tragic seeking of this on the internet.

If you accept, as you must do that life is tragic as well as joyful, that all political systems and cuntish ideologies, politicians, celebrities, are never going to give you the answer to the human condition then you know you have to do that for yourself .. stop looking in the wrong places getting advice from people who also have no clue, enabling you to go round and round in a circle of miserable shit .. hopefully before you top yourself and create more misery.

Your poor friend might have had a horrendous calamity she couldn't handle for all I know but look, getting mad and looking for things to blame is totally fucking useless. Contact her family and offer to be of help for starters, then get help for your alcoholism, then write your stupid fucking book, get rich, piss it up the wall, do that twice more, then read Tolstoy and realise how stupid it is to be human. Humility and fucking there but for the grace.
All that malarky.

Great post,I know a little about the Malady,coupled with a physical allergy, it is a terrible condition, but i get a bit off help, its available, but had to make a few tough decisions.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

DasBoot wrote:You seem depressed Carcinogen. Find something away from here- make the effort. It's not easy, I know.

Some suggestions........

6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Got to tell you folks I am every day More tired more sick more isolated more conscious of the futility of life. Its only my Dogs that keep me anchored to this rotten existence (I wont call it a life) I wont end it though I have the means , Because it is my belief that I would only have to do it all again, probably from a worse starting point So I carry on hoping for a better life next time.
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

m4 colin wrote:Got to tell you folks I am every day More tired more sick more isolated more conscious of the futility of life. Its only my Dogs that keep me anchored to this rotten existence (I wont call it a life) I wont end it though I have the means , Because it is my belief that I would only have to do it all again, probably from a worse starting point So I carry on hoping for a better life next time.

Never had you down as a Buddhist, Col.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

I'm not a Buddhist mate but martial arts and an interest in history gave me an appreciation of Buddhism I am nominal Christian becoming more so every day and Re incarnation was very much a Christian Belief up until the council of Nicaea . I come at it from this perspective , Suppose you screwed up things really badly and you really were sorry, dont you think forgiving Jesus would give you another go at it and the chance to do things right ? I do
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Fuck I know it's self-indulgent wallowing. But I'm fucking sick of beautiful people killing themselves. Fucking sick of it. I can't believe Sharon jumped into the river and drowned herself. It's fucking BULLSHIT. I can't handle it. What the FUCK!!>> is going on here exactly? Fucking BOLLOCKS. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Fucking bullshit. Fuck.