In-depth debate on all topical issues
delboy1983

Downs Syndrome Carpool video goes viral

Post by delboy1983 »

500,000 hits on You Tube
3 million hits on Facebook

If you get a chance watch it
If you are not moved then you are made of stone

'IT MADE ME CRY' Down’s syndrome kids’ carpool karaoke video goes viral as James Corden praises ‘beautiful’ clip

The heartwarming footage shows 50 families from across the UK using Makaton, a form of sign language, to follow along to Christina Perri’s song A Thousand Years in the style of James Corden’s famous Late Late Show segment

SOME pretty amazing people have done Carpool Karaoke. . . but few as special as these young stars.

Their faces alight with glee, these children with Down’s syndrome are the latest internet sensations.
Four-year-old Connie and mum Julie Britton star in the video in aid of World Down Syndrome's Day
Wouldn't Change A Thing

It is all thanks to a video of them belting out a song in the style of James Corden’s famous Late Late Show segment.

It shows 50 families from across the UK using Makaton — a form of sign language that also uses symbols and speech to aid communication — to follow Christina Perri’s hit A Thousand Years.

The uplifting video — titled 50 Mums, 50 Kids, 1 Extra Chromosome — even caught the attention of James, 39, who said it was “the most beautiful Carpool Karaoke” and it had “made him cry”.

It has since gone viral and been seen more than 500,000 times on YouTube and three million times on Facebook.

The start of non-invasive prenatal testing raises the prospect of people with Down’s disappearing from society as terminations are expected to rise.
nintchdbpict000393284970.jpg
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

theleader82

Re: Downs Syndrome Carpool video goes viral

Post by theleader82 »

They can test now for downs so they think the condition will disappear. They’re very smiley but they’ll be adults one day and need to be looked after
Man U and rangers

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

They will be adults one day and have commitment of the parents and other siblings to deal with it.
My technical ability will not allow me to upload the video for the forum.Maybe another forumer will oblige.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

delboy1983 wrote:They will be adults one day and have commitment of the parents and other siblings to deal with it.
My technical ability will not allow me to upload the video for the forum.Maybe another forumer will oblige.

Post the youtube link on its own, it'll show up without wrapping anything around it.

On topic, it seems totally fitting. Carpool Karaoke is the most retarded thing to ever appear on television.
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:They will be adults one day and have commitment of the parents and other siblings to deal with it.

Post the youtube link on its own, it'll show up without wrapping anything around it.

On topic, it seems totally fitting. Carpool Karaoke is the most retarded thing to ever appear on television.

You are one nasty piece of work East.Love to meet you for a chat. :evil:
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Eaststand wrote:

You have clearly not watched the carefully selected BBC Question Time audience recently, Easty

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Eaststand wrote:

You have clearly not watched the carefully selected BBC Question Time audience recently, Easty

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Build Back More Betterer

paolo

Post by paolo »

delboy1983 wrote:
Eaststand wrote:

You are one nasty piece of work East.Love to meet you for a chat. :evil:

could you chat with him on here, or via pm? A meet seems a lot of effort and expense just to talk. Will Easty bring a crate of beer?
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Del would shit his pants if he left his bedsit.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:Del would shit his pants if he left his bedsit.

Me I am too old for violence these days :)
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

You know, the thing that struck me about this on this morning is the mothers were all in the studio, with the brave little warriors, and they continually referenced that all the doctors advised termination early on in their pregnancies, because as leader says, they can spot monginess in the womb nowadays, but for whatever reason, they chose to ignore the advice and decided to have a life of burden and heart ache, because what do medically trained professionals know anyway. Absolutely bizarre. The desire to be a victim runs deep, I suppose.
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Anyhow this thread is about a heart warming video which is taking the airwaves by storm and that's all it should be about !!
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Nothing with James Corden in anyway associated with it is even vaguely heart warming.
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:You know, the thing that struck me about this on this morning is the mothers were all in the studio, with the brave little warriors, and they continually referenced that all the doctors advised termination early on in their pregnancies, because as leader says, they can spot monginess in the womb nowadays, but for whatever reason, they chose to ignore the advice and decided to have a life of burden and heart ache, because what do medically trained professionals know anyway. Absolutely bizarre. The desire to be a victim runs deep, I suppose.

Yeah ,you don't have kids.
These parents choose to have these knowing what difficulties were ahead and no doubt they love
their kid as much as your parents loved you.
To make up words like "monginess" is not clever,
To mock these kids is not clever
To mock the parents saying they wanted to be victims is not clever.

It's abhorrent cheap and nasty.

Anyone else got opinions on this instead of dodging the subject and Eaststand's comments.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

When a doctor tell you its not too late, the kid thats growing inside you is fucked, get rid, you should do what they say. Which is what they all said the doctors told them on this morning.

And whos mocking? would you get the AA to do a car inspection on a car you wanted to buy and when they tell you "head gaskets gone mate, itll cost thousands" do you buy it anyway?
Build Back More Betterer