High street collapse

In-depth debate on all topical issues
theleader82

Re: High street collapse

Post by theleader82 »

With online shopping on the rise shoppfitters could be out of a job in the future . Another problem is many councils have allowed retail parks to be built on the edges of towns. There are far too many any they blot the landscape
Man U and rangers

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

theleader82 wrote:With online shopping on the rise shoppfitters could be out of a job in the future . Another problem is many councils have allowed retail parks to be built on the edges of towns. There are far too many any they blot the landscape

In retail parks you won't get chav types knocking around, which in this country we have a huge number of but they won't want to travel to retail parks 3 to 4 miles away. I know its bad to say but its probably for the best although small business people will take the brunt who rely on big brand names in the street to get shoppers into the town centre.

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

theleader82 wrote:With online shopping on the rise shoppfitters could be out of a job in the future . Another problem is many councils have allowed retail parks to be built on the edges of towns. There are far too many any they blot the landscape

Amazon and the like will kill off most town centre shops along with the big name brands and the towns will become nothing more then charity shops , coffee shops and real estate agents, It's happened to my town and they just built a big massive Amazon sorting warehouse about 7 - 9 months ago.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

LordLaret wrote:

Amazon and the like will kill off most town centre shops along with the big name brands and the towns will become nothing more then charity shops , coffee shops and real estate agents, It's happened to my town and they just built a big massive Amazon sorting warehouse about 7 - 9 months ago.

That sounds like my town
Man U and rangers

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Just think of all the tax revenue to pay for the unemployment , reduced wages and tax credits.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Sorry. Forgot to mention all the imported cheap labour to do these jobs in the first place which also qualify for tax credits. If it wasn't for raising money on VAT and fuel duty we'd be fucked.

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

m4rkb wrote:Just think of all the tax revenue to pay for the unemployment , reduced wages and tax credits.

And the workers being worked to death and not affording them proper toilet breaks. Sounds like a fantastic place to work.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I realised I needed a bottle opener yesterday at midday and got one delivered to me for £1.57 by 6pm though.

Amazon Prime is fucking amazing. Fuck shops.
Build Back More Betterer

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Well the globalists have convinced the masses this is the new eutopia and every modern party and all of their shills are going along with it so they can't all be wrong can they. The good news is those being worked to death will soon be replaced by others who are willing to undercut them so they can gain sanctuary on the dole.

Studies have shown that the most likely group to suffer unemployment due to immigration are migrant workers themselves. God only knows where this leaves the native population in all of this. Sounds like on the scrapheap to me.

If it wasn't for the likes of Amazon and the huge amounts of tax they pay we would not be able to sustain this over the long term.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Eaststand wrote:I realised I needed a bottle opener yesterday at midday and got one delivered to me for £1.57 by 6pm though.

You could have saved money by using your teeth.
Man U and rangers

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Eaststand wrote:I realised I needed a bottle opener yesterday at midday and got one delivered to me for £1.57 by 6pm though.

Till all the people who work in shops are unemployed so they haven't got any money to spend in pubs so the people who run pubs haven't got any money and eventually no one will have any money to order foreign goods from the internet anymore.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Everyone seems to work in call centres telling me Ive had a car accident, judging by the amount of phone calls I get about this, anyway.
Build Back More Betterer

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

LordLaret wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Just think of all the tax revenue to pay for the unemployment , reduced wages and tax credits.

And the workers being worked to death and not affording them proper toilet breaks. Sounds like a fantastic place to work.

Jeff Bezos a modern day mill owner?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Bezos buying waitrose. Just for a fucken giggle.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

theleader82 wrote:

You could have saved money by using your teeth.

More difficult to get a dentist appointment than a bottle opener.