T.V advertising

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: T.V advertising

Post by Zambo »

Between 20:00 and 20:45 was watching tv and there were 3 ad breaks containing 70 people, 64 of which were white.

What conclusions should I draw from that, and should I feel manipulated. I was not persuaded to buy any product advertised during these breaks.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Fake news Zambo. You clearly have a bias against Roy and are making stuff up. And remember, he doesn't have to prove anything because apparently 'the evidence is there for all to see' - even though not a single soul has provided any yet.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

I don't own a TV, haven't owned a TV for over 20 years. I listen to tS and don't recall hearing many ethnic or mixed race couples in their adverts. Lots of cockney geezers and plumbers and decorators and white van man types. The odd Irish bookie for diversity.

I watch 4OD sometimes on my laptop - lately on rotation there's been a trailer for Truth or Dare, a crappy horror movie written by white guys and with an all white cast. There's a Colgate ad with a white woman in a surgical coat flogging toothpaste. And that Top Cat ad with the cats and a white woman selling mortgages. (Bring back Howard!)

But I have so little exposure to ads, that I'd genuinely welcome some proof to add a touch of veracity to this argument. Evidence is great, it really is. The value of hard facts is really undervalued these days. The internet is the proud home of 'Let's just make stuff up and post it'.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Lou Grant wrote:I don't own a TV, haven't owned a TV for over 20 years. I listen to tS and don't recall hearing many ethnic or mixed race couples in their adverts
How do you know you haven't heard any mixed race people?
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Zambo wrote:Between 20:00 and 20:45 was watching tv and there were 3 ad breaks containing 70 people, 64 of which were white.

What conclusions should I draw from that, and should I feel manipulated. I was not persuaded to buy any product advertised during these breaks.

My point was related to groups of friends and/or couples.
I actually watched a full commercial break at 7.15 tonight out of curiosity.
There were 9 ads, 6 of which had couples or groups of people - all but one had multi racial actors.
I intend to watch again around 10.15 tonight - feel free to carry out the same little experimental snapshot.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

TV is used for social engineering.......TV PROGRAMS...... television PROGRAMMING. Get it??

Even TV......tele-lie-vision........

Music the same....repetitive beats can create a trance like state......repetitive words, speech pattern, speed of words spoken and tone can be used to subject the mind and mood. Mind manipulation....... People don't like this talk.....makes them get to close to.....you are being played.....meh....truth can hurt.

This isn't anything new......been used for years.

Look into such things and how the brain works. Difference between those whom use the right side of brain to those whom use left side of brain more.

Roy is right.....TV is used as propaganda for many different things. Hell even Anton Lavey in his shitty book said the TV can be used as a great weapon in destroying traditional family values in Christian countries

Some people on this site are ignorant to basic things.....but as always these days.....

Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Roy Twing wrote:
Zambo wrote:Between 20:00 and 20:45 was watching tv and there were 3 ad breaks containing 70 people, 64 of which were white.

My point was related to groups of friends and/or couples.
I actually watched a full commercial break at 7.15 tonight out of curiosity.
There were 9 ads, 6 of which had couples or groups of people - all but one had multi racial actors.
I intend to watch again around 10.15 tonight - feel free to carry out the same little experimental snapshot.

Well - not sure what's going on on late night itv - i watched between 10 - nearly 11pm, and not a single advert - don't they bother with ads anymore?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well I can answer the above two posts by telling you that advertisers believe that some people are more amenable to suggestion than others and target their content accordingly .
They also aim at people who have already demonstrated their gullibility by accepting stuff like climate change and other political falsehoods.
No point whatever trying to mind bend anyone into buying your crap if they tend to think stuff through or challenge what they're told.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

subsub

Post by subsub »

Lou Grant wrote:No, you are the one making an assertion about these ads. You started the thread. Bring us your evidence. Watch a day's worth of TV, log all the adverts and present your findings backed up with evidence that can be peer reviewed. Otherwise STFU.

=D>

Spot on, Lou
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:the evidence is there for all to see - you are the one denying that evidence

Oh dear.
Roy makes a ridiculous claim and when people call him out on it, he tries to say that they're the ones with the problem.
Same old, same old… :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Royal24s wrote:Well I can answer the above two posts by telling you that advertisers believe that some people are more amenable to suggestion than others and target their content accordingly .
They also aim at people who have already demonstrated their gullibility by accepting stuff like climate change and other political falsehoods.
No point whatever trying to mind bend anyone into buying your crap if they tend to think stuff through or challenge what they're told.

Bingo....house!!

:dart:
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:the evidence is there for all to see - you are the one denying that evidence

Oh dear.
Roy makes a ridiculous claim and when people call him out on it, he tries to say that they're the ones with the problem.

I will give it another try this evening between 5 and 6pm - if back in time.
(Remember, the claim was 'every family and group of friends is now multi-cultural/racial').
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:

Oh dear.

I will give it another try this evening between 5 and 6pm - if back in time.
(Remember, the claim was 'every family and group of friends is now multi-cultural/racial').

I still haven't seen any opinions of why the fuck it matters who it is, who is trying to persuade you to buy a hoover, some washing up liquid, or get your eyes tested. Maybe it's just another example of paranoia about the invaders taking over the natives, or something like that.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Watch daytime ITV, the sellers of incontinence pants, powered armchairs, river cruises and nappies are brainwashing us into accepting a new world order.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:Maybe it's just another example of paranoia about the invaders taking over the natives, or something like that

:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD