Debate and Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: Debate and Discussion

Post by kancutlawns »

Kowalski wrote:It's still calling someone names on the basis of their colour.

If you find that acceptable then that is fine but you have to be consistent.

If you don't like the insult 'curry face' then you shouldn't really go around calling people 'gammon'.

It just stinks of hypocrisy and double standards.

Woah hang on. I’ve never called anyone ‘gammon’ or ‘angry curry face’ so I am consistent if nothing else.

Just one question, have you actually heard someone call someone else ‘angry curry face’? That’s a combination of adjectives that makes no sense whatsoever. Curry is a usually a brown colour of varying hues and not normally used in combination with a strong emotion like anger.

As I said previously, calling someone ‘curry face’ isn’t really insulting, it’a just nonsensical. But feel free to go up to an Asian person and call them that if you wish.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:There’s abolutely no parallel bereeen calling someone gammon and nigger. Nigger’s been used as a derogatory and offensive word over decades in this country and I genuinely have never heard ‘gammon’ used to describe someone before this year. There are absolutely no parallels between calling someone a niigger, wog, coon, Paki, nip, Yid and gammon. darky, are you genuine offended personally by ‘gammon”.

How do you mean that posters here are subject to trial by media? There are probably no more than half a dozen regular posters in D&D and unless one says anything libellous or offensive, you’re hardly likely to lose your livelihood, marriage or home. I go back to Roy whose lazy, vindictive retort to being questioned on his posting style was to call others racist. He was doing the same that he accused others of doing to him. I think that people really need to stop being precious and take it as well as giving it out. Who is worried by the fear of having fingers pointed at them?

I really am struggling to get my head around the racism you accuse others of showing white people by calling them gammon.
It's called being upset for being called out on their own opinions. People want to hate and blame minorities for everything with no repercussion.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Well indeed and unbelievably, this circular argument is still going on weeks later.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

kancutlawns wrote:

If you don't like the insult 'curry face' then you shouldn't really go around calling people 'gammon'.

Woah hang on. I’ve never called anyone ‘gammon’ or ‘angry curry face’ so I am consistent if nothing else.

Just one question, have you actually heard someone call someone else ‘angry curry face’? That’s a combination of adjectives that makes no sense whatsoever. Curry is a usually a brown colour of varying hues and not normally used in combination with a strong emotion like anger.

As I said previously, calling someone ‘curry face’ isn’t really insulting, it’a just nonsensical. But feel free to go up to an Asian person and call them that if you wish.

Pour some of this over their head, and they'd have an angry curry face :D

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I wouldn’t mind if someone did that to me if it was a chicken tikka masala or jalfrezi as long as they gave me some naan bread to mop it up with. :)

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Do all insults have to make perfect sense then?

I've never seen an angry cunt/twat either or a dick on someones head but those phrases seem to be thrown around constantly.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Curryhead is an insult racists use.

In Yorkshire any way.

Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Kowalski wrote:Do all insults have to make perfect sense then?

I've never seen an angry cunt/twat either or a dick on someones head but those phrases seem to be thrown around constantly.

Nope, never heard ‘angry curry face’. Is the thinking behind that that curry is a native dish to the target demographic or that the colour is simlar or both?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:Curryhead is an insult racists use.

In Yorkshire any way.

Oh OK. No one has yet convinced me why ‘gammon’ is the same racist adjective as ‘nigger’. Were gammons subjected to rape, abuse and murder on the Virginia plantations, descrimination in housing, jobs and lifestyles and generally treated as sub humans?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

It's not, it's just thick cunts thinking they're clever by saying it is.

"wah wah, if I can't call them niggers and be a cunt to them, you can't do the same to me, despite me earning the name for being a piece of shit and nothing else."

Build Back More Betterer

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Exactly. People can argue all they like about which racial insults are the worst. But they should at least acknowledge that it is one.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Its not a racial insult though. Any sane person knows that. There is no connotations of ownership, no history of serious degradation to generations of your family. But you know this, I know you know what racism is, this is just playing a forum game, it has to be.

I'm white. I cant think Im superior to the white race when I say gammon. I can just think some of my counterparts are thick racist cunts. Thats not racist.

Jesus christ this is stupid, I'm out.
Last edited by Eaststand on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It's not though. I just don't get why you think it's a racial insult. It's nothing of the kind. Looks like some are finding cause for offence where is none. Seems a bit daft to me.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:Its not a racial insult though. Any sane person knows that. There is no history, no connotations of ownership, no history of seriosu degradations to generations of your family. But you know this, I know you know what racism is, this is just playing a forum game, it has to be.

Jesus christ this is stupid, I'm out.

Oops, you beat me to it. It's obviously a quiet news day. This is a ludicrous debate.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Next: Right wing snowflakes reckon being called a big nosed cunt is racist to the proud race of big nosed people.
Build Back More Betterer

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Calling someone gammon face is no way racist. It's just taking the piss out of people who blow a gasket and turn red, neck and above. It's not even an insult really. We are talking about a group of white people calling another group of white people gammon. If anyone cares they can start a petition, and they get over 100,000 sigs, the Commons may debate it.

Is there a Gammon race, no, then it aint racist.

btw never heard the term curryhead, only curry muncher.

This is red, white and black as most things are.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On