Debate and Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Darkyboy

Re: Debate and Discussion

Post by Darkyboy »

PG30 wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
Zambo wrote:I didn't say racism is purely a white trait, nor did I remotely suggest it. I do agree with context though, and if I was surrounded by a gang of black people calling me gammon scum, then I would consider that racist. However, we are not talking about that here are we!? I remind you of your own opinion about context. I haven't seen any report of the word gammon or gammon face which I consider to be remotely racist.

But that is why it's not "black and white". Just because it hasn't happened, that does not mean it cannot and will not happen. It's something that will be open to interpretation. The insult could become a general term for white people, the same as other racial insults, that were used to denigrate other peoples. Any number of terms viewed as racist today, were not considered racist by previous generations. And if ten years ago, you said that transphobia would be a thing, people would have laughed at you.

Take some time

Did you ever imagine that grow up be the kind of person who pretends to get offended in some kind of faux outrage over a cut of meat?

I don’t see why you’re going out of your way to defend a wall of gammon

Hit a bit too close to home?

No. I just do not like people using racist terms to denigrate people; whether they be black, white or whatever. Incidentally, I have said on about ten occasions, it doesn't offend me, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of people like you.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:
Zambo wrote:I didn't say racism is purely a white trait, nor did I remotely suggest it. I do agree with context though, and if I was surrounded by a gang of black people calling me gammon scum, then I would consider that racist. However, we are not talking about that here are we!? I remind you of your own opinion about context. I haven't seen any report of the word gammon or gammon face which I consider to be remotely racist.

But that is why it's not "black and white". Just because it hasn't happened, that does not mean it cannot and will not happen. It's something that will be open to interpretation. The insult could become a general term for white people, the same as other racial insults, that were used to denigrate other peoples. Any number of terms viewed as racist today, were not considered racist by previous generations. And if ten years ago, you said that transphobia would be a thing, people would have laughed at you.

So your point is, gammon could become a racist insult directed at white people.

Well we’ll cross that bridge if we ever come to it. Arguing about a term that you admit yourself currently isn’t racist seems slightly absurd.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Darkyboy wrote:
PG30 wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Take some time

Did you ever imagine that grow up be the kind of person who pretends to get offended in some kind of faux outrage over a cut of meat?

No. I just do not like people using racist terms to denigrate people; whether they be black, white or whatever. Incidentally, I have said on about ten occasions, it doesn't offend me, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of people like you.

Gammon isn’t a race

Nobody is born gammon

Gammon if anything is more of a medical condition that middle aged, angry racist white men develop over time

It has a cure as well. Drink less, don’t be racist, don’t be a cunt

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

PG30 wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Take some time

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:dart:
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

PG30 wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
PG30 wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Take some time

Gammon isn’t a race

Nobody is born gammon

Gammon if anything is more of a medical condition that middle aged, angry racist white men develop over time

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

PG30 wrote:Gammon isn’t a race

Nobody is born gammon

No, you need to read the previous posts to learn about context. For instance, "gammon" (according to the definition provided by Eaststand) has nothing to do with racism, or being a cunt (Perhaps you believe that everyone who voted Brexit is racist and a cunt? But it does single out an ethnicity. So if you are happy to call all white people who voted for Brexit cunts, what do you call black people who voted for Brexit or Asian people who did so? You must have pet names for them also, because you seem to enjoy ethnic slurs and stereotypes.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Darkyboy wrote:

Nobody is born gammon

No, you need to read the previous posts to learn about context. For instance, "gammon" (according to the definition provided by Eaststand) has nothing to do with racism, or being a cunt (Perhaps you believe that everyone who voted Brexit is racist and a cunt? But it does single out an ethnicity. So if you are happy to call all white people who voted for Brexit cunts, what do you call black people who voted for Brexit or Asian people who did so? You must have pet names for them also, because you seem to enjoy ethnic slurs and stereotypes.

White isn’t an ethnic group. When you fill in an NHS questionnaire for example and are asked for your ethnic group, does it say black, white and brown? No it doesn’t. It says something like white-European, white-American, white-Russian, etc.

White isn’t an ethnicity, social group but a colour. And it’s a colour where it’s people stretch from Alaska to Russia with white skinned people in New Zealand and Australia. Hardly a single homogenous group.

Eastie was asserting that the sort of people who are gammon are intolerant, irrational, unintelligent and ugly middle aged men who are cunts, voted Brexit and have a ruddy complexion brought on by general anger against a section of the population, a poor diet and drink addiction. Nothing in this suggests it’s a racial slur. It’s a lifestyle choice if anything and a character trait. Is everyone who voted Brexit a cunt and unintelligent with a ruddy complexion? Absolutely not.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

kancutlawns wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Nobody is born gammon

White isn’t an ethnic group. When you fill in an NHS questionnaire for example and are asked for your ethnic group, does it say black, white and brown? No it doesn’t. It says something like white-European, white-American, white-Russian, etc.

White isn’t an ethnicity, social group but a colour. And it’s a colour where it’s people stretch from Alaska to Russia with white skinned people in New Zealand and Australia. Hardly a single homogenous group.

Eastie was asserting that the sort of people who are gammon are intolerant, irrational, unintelligent and ugly middle aged men who are cunts, voted Brexit and have a ruddy complexion brought on by general anger against a section of the population, a poor diet and drink addiction. Nothing in this suggests it’s a racial slur. It’s a lifestyle choice if anything and a character trait. Is everyone who voted Brexit a cunt and unintelligent with a ruddy complexion? Absolutely not.

White isn't an ethnic group? Take a look at the most recent census. It can be subdivided, but it is an ethnic group.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.ser ... -ethnicity

But the definition of "gammon" Eaststand supplied specifically says white, hence the ruddy complexion. I do not know many black people or Asian people with ruddy complexions, do you. It doesn't say half of what you are saying though. Perhaps you guys need to establish what the slur actually means, before you try and debate if it's a racist term or not. After all, I get the general gist of what you all think the slur means, but people keep changing what the meaning is.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

When Darkyboy spots a grievance he’s not going to let it go without a fight. I thought it was ‘the left’ who were constantly searching for things to be offended about.

Why not just say name calling of people you don’t agree with is infantile & counterproductive? Why pretend an insult dreamed up by some smart arse on Twitter a few months ago for retweets is equivalent to the worst type of racist abuse when you don’t really believe that yourself?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Is this still going. :D

Slur is an insult, so if gammon is a slur, it's an insult.

'You white gammon face bastard' coming from a black person would imo, be a racist insult, just as you black wide nostriled cunt would also be racist coming from a white person. However, one group of white people labelling another group 'gammons' is just an intended insult and nowt else really.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

paolo

Post by paolo »

Ralph wrote:When Darkyboy spots a grievance he’s not going to let it go without a fight. I thought it was ‘the left’ who were constantly searching for things to be offended about.

Why not just say name calling of people you don’t agree with is infantile & counterproductive? Why pretend an insult dreamed up by some smart arse on Twitter a few months ago for retweets is equivalent to the worst type of racist abuse when you don’t really believe that yourself?

Seems like darky boy made decent points towards a bunch of selective racists
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Where do white Jamaicans fit in all of this. Irie man.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

paolo wrote:Seems like darky boy made decent points towards a bunch of selective racists

Well the forum obsessive, isn't interested in that paolo. He just wants to make personal comments and try to get people banned. That's why I blocked him and do not read his bile.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:
paolo wrote:Seems like darky boy made decent points towards a bunch of selective racists

Well the forum obsessive, isn't interested in that paolo. He just wants to make personal comments and try to get people banned. That's why I blocked him and do not read his bile.
The lack of self awareness in that post is really something. Same logic that makes you think it’s fine for you to scream racist at people but an outrage if someone you don’t agree with does it.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Trump

Modern day hero

Just signed order keeping families together

This guy is class
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags