BY THE WAY, KING OF THE RETARDS TOMMY ROBINSON HILARIOUSLY GOT HIMSELF SENT TO PRISON.

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: BY THE WAY, KING OF THE RETARDS TOMMY ROBINSON HILARIOUSLY GOT HIMSELF SENT TO PRISON.

Post by m4rkb »

Darkyboy wrote:
Zambo wrote:Come on chaps, calling someone a 'gammon' isn't racist surely. It's intended to be an insult made up by the loonies. The equivalent are words like libtard, remoaner, and to put them in the same category as Paki or wog for e.g. is just bonkers.

It sounds a humorous insult, but it is based on race, so of course it's a racist term. If the term referred to black people, you can be damn sure it would be called racist. As for other racist terms, the word "Paki" wasn't racist, because it's short for Pakistani; but it became racist, because it was used by the far right to demean Asians in general.

I've heard it said more by labour voters than the far right. Maybe it's because I don't know many people who could be described as far right since it's another invented term by the losing left to describe normal everyday people who have quite rightly rejected their socially divisive rubbish. Look at the venom and sheer hatred they have for anyone who jumps ship.

It's even better when they're black, as they really struggle with racist, far right and nazi tags. But they have a well trodden escape route when they contradict themselves so badly and tie themselves up in knots, it's to refuse to engage with the person on the grounds they are far right. :rolleyes:

No wonder they ply this crap on immature kids at colleges and university campuses as we wouldn't (and don't) stand for it in the adult world.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: BY THE WAY, KING OF THE RETARDS TOMMY ROBINSON HILARIOUSLY GOT HIMSELF SENT TO PRISON.

Post by Ralph »

PG30 wrote:
Zambo wrote:Come on chaps, calling someone a 'gammon' isn't racist surely. It's intended to be an insult made up by the loonies. The equivalent are words like libtard, remoaner, and to put them in the same category as Paki or wog for e.g. is just bonkers.

I wonder if they ever sit down for a minute and think to themselves “shit, I’ve just spent two days arguing that the word gammon is racist, what the fuck am I doing with my life”

It’s clearly not racist, I just wonder if it hits a bit close to home

They’re doing what they accuse ‘the left’ of i.e. searching for grievance & making completely baseless accusations of racism. Their whinging should be ignored. If they’re overly sensitive & completely humourless that’s their problem nobody else’s.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

m4rkb wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

It sounds a humorous insult, but it is based on race, so of course it's a racist term. If the term referred to black people, you can be damn sure it would be called racist. As for other racist terms, the word "Paki" wasn't racist, because it's short for Pakistani; but it became racist, because it was used by the far right to demean Asians in general.

I've heard it said more by labour voters than the far right. Maybe it's because I don't know many people who could be described as far right since it's another invented term by the losing left to describe normal everyday people who have quite rightly rejected their socially divisive rubbish. Look at the venom and sheer hatred they have for anyone who jumps ship.

It's even better when they're black, as they really struggle with racist, far right and nazi tags. But they have a well trodden escape route when they contradict themselves so badly and tie themselves up in knots, it's to refuse to engage with the person on the grounds they are far right. :rolleyes:

No wonder they ply this crap on immature kids at colleges and university campuses as we wouldn't (and don't) stand for it in the adult world.

This is the thing. Labour has chosen to reject much of it's core vote and then has the nerve to come up with abusive terms for them. As you say, they appeal to the young, because they are a more naive and impressionable audience.

I would imagine that the "far-right" are a tiny minority. It's become a catch-all term for Brexit, Tommy Robinson supporters and any one who reads a newspaper other the the Guardian or the Mirror. You could not seriously accuse the Conservatives of being far-right, in the same way you could accuse Labour of being far-left. And before any one thinks the 500,000 who signed the Tommy Robinson are far-right, I suspect many voted, because of the ongoing issue of grooming gangs and the apparent cover-ups.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Actually, I don't think the words you quote were very often meant as an insult back in the free days, and I doubt whether they'd have become so contraversial without all the race baiting down the years. In a rational world they're probably on the same level as Paddy or Taff, but we are where we are at this point.
I personally don't give a tit which word someone calls me - they're only words and it's insane to worry about them really, ( sticks and stones). Thus I'm not worried if someone wants to use the word gammon , but since the description includes " white" it is a racist term according to the ridiculous current view of such matters .

My reference to Nazi storm troopers was suggesting that exactly the same type of people who can be motivated to get so hysterical about race in one direction can just as easily be manipulated in another direction using their own obsessional mindset.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

This is the thing. Labour has chosen to reject much of it's core vote and then has the nerve to come up with abusive terms for them. As you say, they appeal to the young, because they are a more naive and impressionable audience.

I would imagine that the "far-right" are a tiny minority. It's become a catch-all term for Brexit, Tommy Robinson supporters and any one who reads a newspaper other the the Guardian or the Mirror. You could not seriously accuse the Conservatives of being far-right, in the same way you could accuse Labour of being far-left. And before any one thinks the 500,000 who signed the Tommy Robinson are far-right, I suspect many voted, because of the ongoing issue of grooming gangs and the apparent cover-ups.

Darkyboy’s persuaded himself he’s cleverer than “the young”. He should go back & read his hysterical & contradictory posts about ‘gammon’ in this thread, then reconsider.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Royal24s wrote:You just said gammons were upper middle class then immediately said it isn't about class !

Let's be honest Ralph, it IS a racial slur, plain and simple.

Is this the same as the left aren't anti Semitic , even though they are ?

Same old crap really. The bankers and manipulators used to encourage thick people to blame blacks and Jews for everything, and when that got unpopular they singled out white males for the same treatment.

The shit stirrers don't change and decent people don't change , but the storm troopers do, and the same class of morons who threw stones at Jewish shops and enabled the gas chambers , and who looked upon blacks as evil devils are now shouting "gammon".

Who cares ? Nazis are Nazis and they always lose in the end.

I said gammons are much more likely to be upper middle class golf club bores than working class. Class isn’t a deciding factor though.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Darkyboy wrote:

Have to disagree. Affluent white men with reactionary opinions are not a race. White people mocking other white people over their rosy cheeks is not racism. White lefties insulting other white people in this fashion is no more than a petty insult, and any any right winger saying that it is racist, is lowering themselves to the level of those who made it up, and cry racism at any opportunity.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Royal24s wrote:

Actually, I don't think the words you quote were very often meant as an insult back in the free days, and I doubt whether they'd have become so contraversial without all the race baiting down the years. In a rational world they're probably on the same level as Paddy or Taff, but we are where we are at this point.
I personally don't give a tit which word someone calls me - they're only words and it's insane to worry about them really, ( sticks and stones). Thus I'm not worried if someone wants to use the word gammon, but since the description includes " white" it is a racist term according to the ridiculous current view of such matters .

My reference to Nazi storm troopers was suggesting that exactly the same type of people who can be motivated to get so hysterical about race in one direction can just as easily be manipulated in another direction using their own obsessional mindset.

Let’s be honest, nobody is. Some people really want to have a sense of grievance & if they haven’t got any genuine grievances they search around for something. Pretending to be upset about the word gammon is a textbook example.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Zambo wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Have to disagree. Affluent white men with reactionary opinions are not a race. White people mocking other white people over their rosy cheeks is not racism. White lefties insulting other white people in this fashion is no more than a petty insult, and any any right winger saying that it is racist, is lowering themselves to the level of those who made it up, and cry racism at any opportunity.

I agree with this up to a point. If the posters who are flying off the handle just said, gammon is a childish insult & people should stop using it I’d have some sympathy.

Claiming it’s an attack on the working class or as bad as calling someone a “paki” or a “wog” is completely ridiculous.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:Image

I’m responding to your post in “debate & discusion”. You write something contentious & then moan when someone responds. You’re a peculiar individual.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

You two.........get a room !
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Ralph wrote:Claiming it’s an attack on the working class or as bad as calling someone a “paki” or a “wog” is completely ridiculous.

It's black and brown as most things are.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:You just said gammons were upper middle class then immediately said it isn't about class !

Let's be honest Ralph, it IS a racial slur, plain and simple.

Is this the same as the left aren't anti Semitic , even though they are ?

Same old crap really. The bankers and manipulators used to encourage thick people to blame blacks and Jews for everything, and when that got unpopular they singled out white males for the same treatment.

The shit stirrers don't change and decent people don't change , but the storm troopers do, and the same class of morons who threw stones at Jewish shops and enabled the gas chambers , and who looked upon blacks as evil devils are now shouting "gammon".

Who cares ? Nazis are Nazis and they always lose in the end.

I said gammons are much more likely to be upper middle class golf club bores than working class. Class isn’t a deciding factor though.

Always with classings people...... Sticking PEOPLE into different groups.......boxes that fit your perceived view. Making human spiritual beings capable of great things and give great love and energy to everyone else and our one true source God as little more than belonging to a race by colour instead of all the human race. Or by class or by sex and gender. And then using it for division.

Rules for radicals huh.....awful mindset Ralph. Small and mean. The few to rule the many it is. Divide and conquer.....awful stuff for all but a few.

Everyone is a spirit under that meatsuit and it is spirit that defines us.

Stop with classing everyone as different to try to divide them.

Being a small, hateful mean spirited person is no way to go through life Ralph.

What you do is not what we are meant to do. Stop the hating dude. It is a tactic that has been used for far to long now and thankfully many are starting to wake up to it and claim back what is theirs....freedom.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:You two.........get a room !

:D

I’m not that way inclined. And even if I was I doubt thin skinned drama queens would be my type.