Password problems

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Password problems

Post by carcinogen »

I've always made a point of being dilligent regarding passwords. But even I am starting to have fucking issues. I can't get into my gmail account and am having trouble with Youtube. FFS. I thank my lucky stars I don't do Internet banking and all that shite. I'd end up killing myself or someone else.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

m4rkb

Re: Password problems

Post by m4rkb »

Use Lastpass. Problem solved.

Used it for several years now with no problems. Safe, secure, user-friendly and pretty bulletproof - unless you use it in Chrome which basically gives Google a backdoor to everything you do including all your passwords and every HTTPS de-crypted page their browser handles like online banking.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Put them all in a spreadsheet saved on an encrypted volume, then you've only got one thing to remember. Put the password for THAT disguised in a perfectly ordinary-looking document somewhere and you'll never have to type it out, in case of keyboard-loggers. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.

What pisses me off is work-related log-ons, where they routinely order you to change your p/w, but don't allow you to use one you've used before, or add a 1 to the old one, and it has to contain 3 upper-case, 3 lower-case, two numbers and some punctuation marks ... and THEN the cunts tell you you should never, ever write it down anywhere. Oh, just fuck off.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

birdie

Post by birdie »

carcinogen wrote:I've always made a point of being dilligent regarding passwords. But even I am starting to have fucking issues. I can't get into my gmail account and am having trouble with Youtube. FFS. I thank my lucky stars I don't do Internet banking and all that shite. I'd end up killing myself or someone else.

I had a problem a few days ago with AOL, couldn't get emails on the ipad which usually come up automatically without having to log in, coincided with that new data thing, the log in page kept coming up, I did the user name and password thing, several times, in the end I had to change the password, I've had the same thing with BT sport, even though the password is correct it doesn't want to know and then, after several tries, it decides to let me in,
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Are you sure you used the correct case for your alpha characters? I’m not sure why it decided to let you in, your username and password were either correct or they weren’t.