Migrant boat crisis

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: Migrant boat crisis

Post by kancutlawns »

birdie wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:They should stay and improve their own countries. Britain was a shithole 300 years ago until the people improved it
through sacrifice and struggle. Would they have come to Britain then ? Of course it was said those dodgy Dutch started the fire
in Pudding Lane, and building privies that the lazy British serfs don't want to build. Who will pick the turnips ?

Who picked the turnips, strawberries, raspberries, cabbages, who worked behind the bar and in the restaurants and caffs and hotels before the UK joined the Common Market?
I only ask because no politician as ever asked that question, well, as far as I can remember no one has.

Obviously no one felt compelled enough to answer. :roll:
#morethingstoworryabout

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote:
birdie wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:They should stay and improve their own countries. Britain was a shithole 300 years ago until the people improved it
through sacrifice and struggle. Would they have come to Britain then ? Of course it was said those dodgy Dutch started the fire
in Pudding Lane, and building privies that the lazy British serfs don't want to build. Who will pick the turnips ?

Who picked the turnips, strawberries, raspberries, cabbages, who worked behind the bar and in the restaurants and caffs and hotels before the UK joined the Common Market?
I only ask because no politician as ever asked that question, well, as far as I can remember no one has.

Obviously no one felt compelled enough to answer. :roll:
#morethingstoworryabout

What about Burns night? Or is that a swede: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_(terminology)

Birdie's point is right. Pre Johnny EU. The veg was picked. Local coin for local people do to a job. Those that wanted did, those that didn't didn't. Or where told to.

Fast forward post Brexit. Local coin for local people do to a job. Those that want will. Those who don't want won't.

Err it ain't hard.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Eaststand wrote:it was always conquest, colin.

Then we dont have to trade, then its free.
No it wasnt if you conquer you also have to administrate and police and rule the country you have taken, and then adjudicate all their shitpot murderous local disputes all of that is hideously expensive pure trade is much preferred
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The time will come to let go of the Welfare State. It is the only thing that will stem the migration. People will go hungry, violence
and crime will come to the streets , but it was that Golden Goose that was meant as a safety net for our own people
has become a magnet for freeloaders all over the world.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.