NHS anniversary

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: NHS anniversary

Post by Carlos J »

It's a mess of mid-type bureaucracy. Also, fuckers who can't medic, manage. Plus there are lots of lazy cunts living a wage and waiting until pension

Got invites to #NHS70 events going on but hey, only if you can get time off. Funny how some will go and be be photoed at #nhs70 events. Gawd bless the big wigs for #nhs70

Many chancers, many cunts. as always in any organistatiion. Dodgy Doctor's and more dodgy Doctor's and dodgy Nurses's and other dodgy Nurse's

Always read and report: https://www.nmc.org.uk/concerns-nurses- ... sanctions/
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Interesting how someone's bad experience is taken to be the norm, but when somebody posts about good experience, that's "out of touch".

Remember GPs practices are self-managing. If yours isn't a good one, that's their fault, not that of the NHS.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Interesting how someone's bad experience is taken to be the norm, but when somebody posts about good experience, that's "out of touch".

Remember GPs practices are self-managing. If yours isn't a good one, that's their fault, not that of the NHS.

You've just shot yourself in the foot again, because you said that the norm is their own fault. Well it's only taken as the norm, because you believe if anyone can't get to see their GP same or next day, it's the practices fault, which is a complete load of bollocks. Get yourself into a Patients Participations Group, and find out what it's really like, instead of apportioning blame across the board to the practices.

Perhaps you could manage a situation to perfection, so everyone could see their own doctor same day in my area. What would you do, if more people were coming in, no new surgeries where being built, doctors who had reached retirement where either leaving or only working part time, and medics were losing interest in General Practice. Surgeries have been forced to merge. You can't get an appointment now with your own GP, nor at my local surgery same day, I have to go to the town's health centre, where a nurse or paramedic sees you. One doctor is there in case needed, and that covers 28000 patients. My local surgery is now used for routine appointments only, but there is a couple of weeks wait, and that's all they book up to. They then tell you to phone back in one week, and often the same result awaits you. Is it any wonder that people are clogging up A&Es. Health is the single most important issue for most people, because without it you aint got much, and when they can't get access to a doc, they get scared. So it's no real surprise that A&Es are getting crammed.

There is only one place to stick the blame on this, and that is with the NHS and the Government, they have allowed it to disintegrate.

I reckon my norm is a lot closer to reality than yours.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

birdie

Post by birdie »

Hillman avenger wrote:Interesting how someone's bad experience is taken to be the norm, but when somebody posts about good experience, that's "out of touch".

I posted what happened as an example of why people, perhaps, go to A&E, I will also say that my husband has walked into the practice and been told to either wait and get fitted in between appointments or he could come back and get seen after evening surgery, so it isn't all bad.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Hillman avenger

Zambo wrote:

You've just shot yourself in the foot again, because you said that the norm is their own fault. Well it's only taken as the norm, because you believe if anyone can't get to see their GP same or next day, it's the practices fault, which is a complete load of bollocks. Get yourself into a Patients Participations Group, and find out what it's really like, instead of apportioning blame across the board to the practices.

Perhaps you could manage a situation to perfection, so everyone could see their own doctor same day in my area. What would you do, if more people were coming in, no new surgeries where being built, doctors who had reached retirement where either leaving or only working part time, and medics were losing interest in General Practice. Surgeries have been forced to merge. You can't get an appointment now with your own GP, nor at my local surgery same day, I have to go to the town's health centre, where a nurse or paramedic sees you. One doctor is there in case needed, and that covers 28000 patients. My local surgery is now used for routine appointments only, but there is a couple of weeks wait, and that's all they book up to. They then tell you to phone back in one week, and often the same result awaits you. Is it any wonder that people are clogging up A&Es. Health is the single most important issue for most people, because without it you aint got much, and when they can't get access to a doc, they get scared. So it's no real surprise that A&Es are getting crammed.

There is only one place to stick the blame on this, and that is with the NHS and the Government, they have allowed it to disintegrate.

I didn't claim my experience was the norm; I pointed out that waiting weeks probably isn't either.
And yes, there is a big problem in recruiting and keeping GPs which is only likely to get worse after Brexit.
But it is a fact that GP practices are self-managed. If they can't meet the demand, they need to do what other businesses would do- increase capacity. That might mean working longer hours.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:

I didn't claim my experience was the norm; I pointed out that waiting weeks probably isn't either.

Why don't we ask the audience, in this case the patients. In my area people I know at other surgeries are experiencing exactly the same waiting times.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-practi ... 34.article

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/science-blog/w ... ong-see-gp

And yes, there is a big problem in recruiting and keeping GPs which is only likely to get worse after Brexit.
But it is a fact that GP practices are self-managed. If they can't meet the demand, they need to do what other businesses would do- increase capacity. That might mean working longer hours.

Working longer hours is a non-starter. Wasn't it Labour who offered GPs the chance to opt out of out of hours working? I'm informed that GPs already work long hours, but I'm waiting to find out how much of that time is patient facing. More people are using e-consult and having phone appointments. In fact my family use e-consult, because it means at least you will speak to a doctor withing 48 hours of sending it. Odd that isn't it, you can speak to a doctor quickly using a system which isn't meant for appointments, yet ring up and ask for one, and initially you are left waiting in a queue for up to 60 mins, and then you can't get one for weeks
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

There’s a new nhs shipman type scandal breaking at the moment. Over 500 patients were overdosed with opiates in gosport Hampshire .
Man U and rangers

Hillman avenger

I don't think the Gosport scandal is similar to Shipman.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah we're going to have to wait and see to find out if Barton meant to kill all these people or was just Astonishingly bad at her job before we draw any comparisons.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Hillman avenger

Eaststand wrote:Yeah we're going to have to wait and see to find out if Barton meant to kill all these people or was just Astonishingly bad at her job before we draw any comparisons.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

So you think she set out to kill 400 people did she?
Went to their homes to do it so as to do it unobserved?
And of course made sure their wills had been rewritten to the killers advantage.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Did I say that? I cant see where I said that, however, if that amount of people have died in your care, yeah, you're going to need seriously investigating. You're either a lunatic who meant to do it, or so incompetent you need to go to jail for the rest of your life.

No one suspected Shipman until he was caught. Well, actually they did, and likewise nurses and other colleagues of Barton have been trying to whistle blow on her for years.
Build Back More Betterer

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I thought she was a man when I saw her.
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:I thought she was a man when I saw her.

Harold Shipman? No, he's definitely a man. :?

Hillman avenger

Eaststand wrote:Did I say that? I cant see where I said that, however, if that amount of people have died in your care, yeah, you're going to need seriously investigating. You're either a lunatic who meant to do it, or so incompetent you need to go to jail for the rest of your life.

No one suspected Shipman until he was caught. Well, actually they did, and likewise nurses and other colleagues of Barton have been trying to whistle blow on her for years.

It's horrendous and very large-scale,
But comparison with Shipman is stupid.
He set out to murder individuals where he would gain from their estate.
This may be gross incompetence, or some deranged person, but it's not like that.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Well if she turns out to be a murderer, it is like shipman. She'd be a murdering doctor.

It doesnt have to be exactly the same to be like another situation. A murderer is a murderer.
Build Back More Betterer