Zambo

Brexit - Part 6

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Re: Brexit - Part 6

Post by ToRmAtO »

Voting to leave Europe must and will rank as one of the most stupidest things the British public will ever do.
Godwin's law

dick guffin

Post by dick guffin »

Fug1 wrote:It isn't about trade, happiness and well-being for me & you; it's about greed for the 1%, we are nothing more than pawns that are being used to achieve their ultimate goal of absolute control of everything we do in order to make them rich and powerful.

Brexit isn't about trade, happiness and well-being for me & you; it's about greed for the 1%, we are nothing more than pawns that are being used to achieve their ultimate goal of absolute control of everything we do in order to make them rich and powerful.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

In part 5 forumites are still hanging on to the idea that the European Union will conveniently collapse to justify our decision to leave.

I’m fast approaching 40 & Eurosceptic/Brexiter politicians have been predicting the immininent collapse of the EU for the entire time I’ve been following politics.

Brexit hasn’t acted as a catalyst for other countries to leave. At some point we need to start making decisions based on reality not wishful thinking.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

dick guffin wrote:
Fug1 wrote:It isn't about trade, happiness and well-being for me & you; it's about greed for the 1%, we are nothing more than pawns that are being used to achieve their ultimate goal of absolute control of everything we do in order to make them rich and powerful.

Brexit isn't about trade, happiness and well-being for me & you; it's about greed for the 1%, we are nothing more than pawns that are being used to achieve their ultimate goal of absolute control of everything we do in order to make them rich and powerful.

Brexiter politicians (in full public view) are busy moving their money abroad & applying for EU passports/residency while telling everyone else there’s nothing to worry about.

If they’re telling the truth & they believe Brexit is going to be more successful than the prevailing wisdom why are they not moving money invested abroad to the UK?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Fug1 wrote: It doesn't really matter what rules, even if 50,000 out of the 52,000 work and make sense, it is having the ability and freedom to change or make laws if we want to, which we will inevitably lose.
It does matter, one of the reasons given to leave the EU is 'taking back control of our laws'

Apart from boarder control when asked what laws we can scrap now we're out of the EU the answer invariably is some for of 'it doesn't matter what laws, just that we can if we want to'

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Does that mean I will be able to purchase and eat a banana shaped to my choosing, a light bulb that lights up immediately, and a hoover that actually picks up bits. Will I also be able to play conkers without a crash helmet.

If so, the vote to leave was worth it just for that.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Vespa wrote:
Fug1 wrote: It doesn't really matter what rules, even if 50,000 out of the 52,000 work and make sense, it is having the ability and freedom to change or make laws if we want to, which we will inevitably lose.
It does matter, one of the reasons given to leave the EU is 'taking back control of our laws'

Apart from boarder control when asked what laws we can scrap now we're out of the EU the answer invariably is some for of 'it doesn't matter what laws, just that we can if we want to'

Who gave the EU the authority to make laws in the 1st place?

Where was my vote for that?

Dunno what EU laws I would replace/ adapt/ keep as I can't be bothered to look, but, it would be nice to get out while we can, as you can see, we're so close to being at the point of no return now.
Last edited by Fug1 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Ralph wrote:
dick guffin wrote:

Brexiter politicians (in full public view) are busy moving their money abroad & applying for EU passports/residency while telling everyone else there’s nothing to worry about.

If they’re telling the truth & they believe Brexit is going to be more successful than the prevailing wisdom why are they not moving money invested abroad to the UK?

Your telling me 99.9% of politicians are shysters Ralph?

No shit, really?

Politicians and their greed is why we normal people feel betrayed.

They care about themselves, and are happy when their palms are greased by big business.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Fug1 wrote:
Vespa wrote:

What laws do you disagree with?

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Vespa wrote:
Fug1 wrote:
Vespa wrote:

What laws do you disagree with?

Hardly the point, and probably not many; can't be bothered to look through the 52,000 they have introduced without asking 60,000,000 people 1st.

If you come home from work and there I was washing your car inside and out (how did I get the keys?) Did a great job, said that's £20 chief, see you same time next week, what would you think? Ok your car needs cleaning every week, and I guess it's ok, after all he did a great job,,,,

Four months later, I'm spring cleaning your house; *how did he get the keys you think to yourself),,
Last edited by Fug1 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

To me the EU is a bit like your local friendly pimp; he spots the vulnerable and offers them clothes, food and shelter, everything is all warm and fuzzy, life's good, who is this wonderful kind human being?

But one day when you are totally reliant on him, he will ask you to do something you don't want to do, you protest, he fucks you up and tells you to do what your told or else he'll fuck your family up.

That's how I (genuinely) see this EU playing out for 99% of European citizens.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Fug1 wrote:To me the EU is a bit like your local friendly pimp; he spots the vulnerable and offers them clothes, food and shelter, everything is all warm and fuzzy, life's good, who is this wonderful kind human being?

But one day when you are totally reliant on him, he will ask you to do something you don't want to do, you protest, he fucks you up and tells you to do what your told or else he'll fuck your family up.

Do you want to vote on every policy change, amendment to the EU, trade agreement, legislative amendment, interest rate fluctuation? You don’t get to do this because you and I don’t have the detailed knowledge about economic, legal and social policy of the EU. That’s why we have elected individuals to represent us.

Do you expect to vote in this country on interest rate changes, constitutional reforms, change in the prison service, investment into roads? No of course you don’t.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

kancutlawns wrote:
Fug1 wrote:To me the EU is a bit like your local friendly pimp; he spots the vulnerable and offers them clothes, food and shelter, everything is all warm and fuzzy, life's good, who is this wonderful kind human being?

Do you want to vote on every policy change, amendment to the EU, trade agreement, legislative amendment, interest rate fluctuation? You don’t get to do this because you and I don’t have the detailed knowledge about economic, legal and social policy of the EU. That’s why we have elected individuals to represent us.

Do you expect to vote in this country on interest rate changes, constitutional reforms, change in the prison service, investment into roads? No of course you don’t.

No, but I would've liked our Country to have been asked if we gave the EU the authority to do it in the 1st place, and I guarantee you the vast majority of British people would have said no way years ago.

And we at least have an opportunity to vote in people who manifesto which best fits my circumstances and stance.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Fug1 wrote:
Ralph wrote:
dick guffin wrote:

Your telling me 99.9% of politicians are shysters Ralph?

No shit, really?

Politicians and their greed is why we normal people feel betrayed.

They care about themselves, and are happy when their palms are greased by big business.

That includes Brexit supporting politicians who arrogantly dismiss every concern as scaremongering, at the same time they’re busy making sure they & their families won’t be affected if it all goes wrong.

If you’re a wealthy politician Brexit won’t affect you negatively. I’ve no doubt many have plans on how to profit from any Brexit fallout, just like they did after the banking crisis.

It’s very easy to say stop scaremongering when you know you & your family are part of the 1% who are completely insulated no matter what happens.