Brexit - Part 6

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Fug1

Re: Brexit - Part 6

Post by Fug1 »

Eaststand wrote:
Fug1 wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Fug1 wrote:The only way we can remain in Europe is if the Government turn round and say, we've looked at leaving the EU and we believe the risk is too high for the reward, so we have decided to nullify the 2016 referendum result, we will not be leaving the EU after all.

I think if the deal is voted down in Parliament the second vote will look more likely because it gets the politicians out of the problem.

So the terms are leave no deal or remain?

What happens if 52% vote leave again and what happens if 52% vote remain?

What if Theresa May negotiated a terrible deal to reintegrate us back into the EU or even the EU decided to massively fuck us over, and then we voted on that, just like on her terrible leave deal and then that was rejected by everybody?

Anyway, if I'm honest the EU shouldve said these are the terms to leave if you still want this, this and that, nothing to do with us, we could either accept those terms or say no.
Why would the eu do a single thing to make things easier for us?

Do you tend help out people who call you a piece of shit?

Never said they should do.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Absolutely not a chance which is why the public should never have been trusted with a vote in the first place. That's the misinformation and general ignorance people had that they thought that leave meant leave that same day. Makes no sense at all. Is there any other scenario you can think off where you can leave a club with no notice, recompense, communication, fallback?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Fug1 wrote:
Eaststand wrote:
Fug1 wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Fug1 wrote:The only way we can remain in Europe is if the Government turn round and say, we've looked at leaving the EU and we believe the risk is too high for the reward, so we have decided to nullify the 2016 referendum result, we will not be leaving the EU after all.

I think if the deal is voted down in Parliament the second vote will look more likely because it gets the politicians out of the problem.

What if Theresa May negotiated a terrible deal to reintegrate us back into the EU or even the EU decided to massively fuck us over, and then we voted on that, just like on her terrible leave deal and then that was rejected by everybody?

Anyway, if I'm honest the EU shouldve said these are the terms to leave if you still want this, this and that, nothing to do with us, we could either accept those terms or say no.

you did mate, "if I'm honest the EU shouldve said these are the terms to leave"
Build Back More Betterer

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Eaststand wrote:
Fug1 wrote:
Eaststand wrote:
Fug1 wrote:
Vespa wrote:

you did mate, "if I'm honest the EU shouldve said these are the terms to leave"

What I meant was the UK are in no position to negotiate or bargain with the EU.

If May comes back to the EU with whatever deal I'm sure the EU will rightly tell her to fuck off.

But all this trade talk etc, and if their was some wiggle room the EU should say this is the craic, like it or lump it.

That's why we should have left with no deal 2 years ago.

Just wasted time, money and effort.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

or just take the piss out of someone you think is a cunt? Thats what I'd do, if someone had said to me "I think you're a cunt, and I want out this club with benefits, because I think all of you are fucking cunts, but I still all the benefits of the club with none of the drawbacks"

I'd waste the fuck out of their time and money.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

kancutlawns wrote:Absolutely not a chance which is why the public should never have been trusted with a vote in the first place. That's the misinformation and general ignorance people had that they thought that leave meant leave that same day. Makes no sense at all. Is there any other scenario you can think off where you can leave a club with no notice, recompense, communication, fallback?

You make it seem that only the Leavers were delusional and not Remainers. Remainers themselves were deusional and thinking the vote would be Remain by a long shot. What say you?

Edit: And I love how you think it was only the Leavers themselves delusional. Let's just ignore 52% of the population cause we didn't know what we voted for, simply that we are sheep.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Eaststand wrote:or just take the piss out of someone you think is a cunt? Thats what I'd do, if someone had said to me "I think you're a cunt, and I want out this club with benefits, because I think all of you are fucking cunts, but I still all the benefits of the club with none of the drawbacks"

That's why I think we should have left the day after the referendum result.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I'm not blaming the public who voted leave at all. The public are by and large not thick, the politicians abdicated any civic responsibility when they made us decide whether or not to stay in the EU. It could never have been as binary as it was made out to be.

I just think that everyone who voted either way were never properly consulted on the complexity of leaving. Not the public's fault. Just misinformation, lack of responsibility, vagueness and deceit from our elected representatives.

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

kancutlawns wrote:I'm not blaming the public who voted leave at all. The public are by and large not thick, the politicians abdicated any civic responsibility when they made us decide whether or not to stay in the EU. It could never have been as binary as it was made out to be.

I just think that everyone who voted either way were never properly consulted on the complexity of leaving. Not the public's fault. Just misinformation, lack of responsibility, vagueness and deceit from our elected representatives.

Oh gosh, I just re-read my own comment and that was rather rude of me. Still, what would you wish? Would you want to offer endless referendums if this 2nd vote goes wrong?
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

If we stay in the EU I think it will be the biggest mistake this Country will ever make, just like you think leaving the EU is the b8ggest mistake we could ever make.

You state possible economic hardships as your main reason it will be shocking, I state possible general human rights violations and ultimately quality of life for every European citizen will go down the nick when the EU know they have reached a point of no return for member countries.

That's where we're at, your worried about economies, and I'm worried for the future of peoples freedoms and rights.

I still think peoples rights and freedoms are more important than what is in your pocket; sorry, I'll stick with my decision.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Let's accept we are leaving and that continual griping about it is non- productive.
We get a deal and that is the starting point.
There will be a general election around May/June 2019.This will be fought on what the British want a non-eu status to look like.
We re- build and are a lot happier if a bit poorer to start withl
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

delboy1983 wrote:Let's accept we are leaving and that continual griping about it is non- productive.
There will be a general election around May/June 2019.This will be fought on what the British want a non-eu status to look like.

Yeah, being poorer makes me happy.

I was just saying the other day "you know what? I wish I had less money, that'd be sweet"
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Let's accept we are leaving and that continual griping about it is non- productive.

Yeah, being poorer makes me happy.

I was just saying the other day "you know what? I wish I had less money, that'd be sweet"

Me me me ,that's what its all about with you.
Selfish,short-termist ,grab what you can,fuck the rest of you.
I'm all right Jack.
Oh there will be a lot like you moaning their tits out on an hourly basis
and that will give me a lot of satisfaction as you cry your eyes out.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Fug1 wrote:
Eaststand wrote:or just take the piss out of someone you think is a cunt? Thats what I'd do, if someone had said to me "I think you're a cunt, and I want out this club with benefits, because I think all of you are fucking cunts, but I still all the benefits of the club with none of the drawbacks"

That's why I think we should have left the day after the referendum result.

You keep on saying just leave

you do realise if we just left everything would fall apart.
Medicine and food Supply chains, flights grounded, etc.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I don't want to be rude, because I like some the leavers like fug, but no, they actually don't understand how infrastructure works at all.
Build Back More Betterer