Brexit - Part 6

In-depth debate on all topical issues
delboy1983

Re: Brexit - Part 6

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:I don't want to be rude, because I like some the leavers like fug, but no, they actually don't understand how infrastructure works at all.

Looking down on people is a horrible trait.
I thought you had gone to bed in tears at the thought of poverty :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

delboy1983 wrote:
Eaststand wrote:I don't want to be rude, because I like some the leavers like fug, but no, they actually don't understand how infrastructure works at all.

Looking down on people is a horrible trait.
I thought you had gone to bed in tears at the thought of poverty :)

Wow-reported on that one.
Just no sense of humour.
Apologies for any offence caused
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Apart from a free block of butter in the 80s, still yet to see how the EU have enriched our lives.
Oh yes they saved us from Black Friday, Black Wednesday, terrorism and world wars.
They made us wear hi-vis vests so we could stack shelves safely without being run over by a crazed fork-lift driver.
And made fish as expensive as gold. I can see why they had to entangle us deeper into this Jim Jones cult under the radar without
our consent.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

I understand the infrastructure is designed not to make things run smoothly, but to stop Countries from leaving and strangling them if they do.

It doesn't have to all fall apart at all, but it would suggest that the EU, or Germany would be at war with the UK all be it Economically, which is really my point in leaving, and to my mind it should be a no brainer, regardless of what it does to the Country; it has to be better than having you life dictated to by Germany.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Fug1 wrote:

I understand the infrastructure is designed not to make things run smoothly, but to stop Countries from leaving and strangling them if they do.

It doesn't have to all fall apart at all, but it would suggest that the EU, or Germany would be at war with the UK all be it Economically, which is really my point in leaving, and to my mind it should be a no brainer, regardless of what it does to the Country; it has to be better than having you life dictated to by Germany.

No.
Yes it has become more complex and integrated. But that is not to prevent people leaving , but to get the full benefits of the partnership.
There are no other countries looking at leaving .
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Fug1 wrote:

No.
Yes it has become more complex and integrated. But that is not to prevent people leaving , but to get the full benefits of the partnership.

Of course it is partly to stop people leaving because why can countries not leave and why have countries like Ireland, Poland and Denmark not been allowed to leave the EU? I thought their people voted to leave and there is a strong resentment against their membership? Britain's problem is that the economic flaws behind Brexit haven't been explored fully or the impact on their lives but to say that there is no issue with leaving is disingenuous. Can't say anything really about the other countries I mentioned. Britain in a major partner which is why our loss will be damaging across many industries.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Staff at Tim Martin's Weatherspoons pubs are going on strike in early October in order to force their employer to pay a 'living wage'

Current starting wage is 8.10 per hour.

Martin is an arch proponent of Brexit and very vocal in his support of it

The very type of businessman who stands to gain the most from Brexit.
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Yes, but the flip side of the coin is that someone else here has previously said that Martin has helped create thousands of jobs and brought millions into our economy.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Thousands of jobs at subsistence level wages.

Do you fancy earning 8.10 an hour?
A joyless arsehole.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Fug1 wrote:

No.

Disagree, that is the facade the EU via its media paymasters want you to think, I think it's about power, money and control.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

kancutlawns wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Fug1 wrote:

No.

Of course it is partly to stop people leaving because why can countries not leave and why have countries like Ireland, Poland and Denmark not been allowed to leave the EU? I thought their people voted to leave and there is a strong resentment against their membership? Britain's problem is that the economic flaws behind Brexit haven't been explored fully or the impact on their lives but to say that there is no issue with leaving is disingenuous. Can't say anything really about the other countries I mentioned. Britain in a major partner which is why our loss will be damaging across many industries.

Pro remain MPs and supporters are saying the Economic flaws haven't been investigated, as do the universities that the EU pumps millions into not because they want to, but to manipulate young people's minds into thinking we couldn't survive without them.

Power, money and control.

Hillman avenger

kancutlawns wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Fug1 wrote:

No.

None of those countries have voted to leave.
Ireland voted against the Lisbon treaty, that's all.
There is no substantial movement anywhere to leave.
Hungary are unhappy, but that's because the EU has told its government to honour the EU membership conditions re justice and free speech.
They are pretty universally puzzled at why we are leaving.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Who is? You seem t be talking about the other EU countries as a homogeneous group. I don't think it's as simple as that and are you talking on behalf of everyone in the block?

Hillman avenger

I repeat

There is no country where there is a substantial movement to leave.

And can you tell us what these programmes are that persuade young people to not leave?

Perhaps you mean Erasmus which has been a fantastic success, but which we have to leave, I believe. That served to inform young managers about the world at large. Which of course we won't need, will we?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Whoa, calm your horses. I only asked you a couple of questions, didn't expect that sort of invective.