Brexit - Part 6

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: Brexit - Part 6

Post by Ralph »

Fug1 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Britain's plans for Brexit really need to be revised and approved in October otherwise it really is a 'no deal.' How long have we had to prepare for Brexit, again? Since June 2016?

That's the disgrace Lawnsy, totally inept leadership; just going back a few comments, you and others mentioned a no deal Brexit is virtually impossible due to rules and regulation changed required, do you and others feel that this could be the end of the UK in the G5 or 6? Or even worse?

There’s a very good chance Brexit will mean the end of the UK. The nationalists in Scotland & particularly Northern Ireland can’t believe their luck. They must have to pinch themselves to check they’re not dreaming.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Ralph wrote:
Fug1 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Britain's plans for Brexit really need to be revised and approved in October otherwise it really is a 'no deal.' How long have we had to prepare for Brexit, again? Since June 2016?

That's the disgrace Lawnsy, totally inept leadership; just going back a few comments, you and others mentioned a no deal Brexit is virtually impossible due to rules and regulation changed required, do you and others feel that this could be the end of the UK in the G5 or 6? Or even worse?

There’s a very good chance Brexit will mean the end of the UK. The nationalists in Scotland & particularly Northern Ireland can’t believe their luck. They must have to pinch themselves to check they’re not dreaming.

Agree that's a possibility Ralphy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Fug1 wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Fug1 wrote:

Agree that's a possibility Ralphy.

Indeed.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

So have I missed something.
Has a no deal been agreed
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

delboy1983 wrote:So have I missed something.

I think the EU have greeted Mays deal with the contempt it deserves Del.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Ralph wrote:
Fug1 wrote:

Every cloud and all that.
There's no poem, just prose.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Fug1 wrote:

Agree but they want a deal as much as us just not that one.
Game of poker being played
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It must be reassuring for May that she has the support of one person in the world who agrees with her - you.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

delboy1983 wrote:
Fug1 wrote:

Agree but they want a deal as much as us just not that one.
Game of poker being played

I just don't understand why they didn't draw a line under this one (say 5 years to get Audit results), whilst forfilling pre defined commitments in those 5 years, paying up based on the result of the audit.

And at that point, clean slate, how can we work together? Worry about deals once the last mess is all squared up.

Audits taken by UK, EU, Japan, Canada, India, Brazil, whoever.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

But I 100% agree the UK have absolutely no right to expect preferential treatment once they leave the EU.

Unless, once this mistake is squared off and it is beneficial for both parties.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Its one semi-prominent journalist with a Twitter account, but polls have shown that Brexiteers would ditch NI (and SCO) if needed for a hard Brexit. I've always thought the DUP MPs who backed Brexit were the proverbial monkeys voting for Christmas.

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Think it all goes back to the politicians not expecting the leave campaign to win.
You don't expect the politicians to have a clue on the machinations to bring this exit about but you do expect trained civil servants and top money men to have a clue.
I still am confident of a deal rather than no deal but what it will now look like I haven't a scooby
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

delboy1983 wrote:Think it all goes back to the politicians not expecting the leave campaign to win.
You don't expect the politicians to have a clue on the machinations to bring this exit about but you do expect trained civil servants and top money men to have a clue.
I still am confident of a deal rather than no deal but what it will now look like I haven't a scooby

No way would Cameron have sanctioned a referendum if he thought there was even the slightest chance of leave winning, but he did it anyway.

It's all about the reasons for voting Leave, you know my reasons, and despite all the forecast of major economic shit fan hitting, I'm still a 1000% it is the right thing to do.

Because, and only because I don't think what is being offered by this EU will be for the masses, not just here, but Europe wide.

I understand why people look at me as some sort of self destructive loony, but I prefer to look at me as somebody that cares about humanity over money, and I am convinced, the EU is designed to fuck the citizens of the EU up, purely to benefit the few.

And I'm totally out.

Give me a fair EU, and I'm totally in.

This one is bullshit, and best case scenario is UK is skint, worst case is martial EU law, preventing people ayring (spelt that wrong!) their views Europe wide, when they have member countries and their citizens firmly held by their short and curlys.

That is my honest to God view.

I don't care about borders, I couldn't give a shit about foreigners, I care about the sneaky, backhanded way this is being sold.

I said earlier, how come their isn't a plan for Countries to leave the EU?

Why has this never been discussed? Either because a Country wants to leave or other Countries want them to Leave?

Power, Money and Control.

Why can't you see this?

finchman

Post by finchman »

Right so its no deal then,sod waiting until march,lets get the fuck out now.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

finchman wrote:Right so its no deal then,sod waiting until march,lets get the fuck out now.

Correct.

The ONLY reason these policy givers will not do it the sensible way on both sides is because they will all end up in jail for piss taking.

They are covering their arses; "if I go down I'm taking you with me" etc etc etc etc.

And yet, it's all supposed to be about the people.

Absolute bollocks.

It's all about power, money and control.
Last edited by Fug1 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.