Holden Mcgroyne

Re: Brexit - Part 6

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

and let them swing for the £39 billion.
There's no poem, just prose.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:and let them swing for the £39 billion.

Not going to happen. Do you suddenly think she will grow a spine after twisting in the wind since the referendum when everyone is against her Chequers Plan? Listening to Swarbrick last night on LBC, it was quite unnerving to hear Brexeteers saying that it's now time for us to go on our own and that yesterday's embarrassing episode in Salzburg would unite this country. Laughable.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

kancutlawns wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:and let them swing for the £39 billion.

Not going to happen. Do you suddenly think she will grow a spine after twisting in the wind since the referendum when everyone is against her Chequers Plan? Listening to Swarbrick last night on LBC, it was quite unnerving to hear Brexeteers saying that it's now time for us to go on our own and that yesterday's embarrassing episode in Salzburg would unite this country. Laughable.

We’ll end up paying after some posturing by the Government.

We need to negotiate trade deals to replace the ones we’re walking away from. The last thing we need is to gain a reputation for not honouring agreements we’ve made.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Two options
Pay
Pay after being told to by a court. Which will cost millions more.
The money is determined in the EU treaty and covers our obligations for commitments the EU had made while we were members.
Another small detail the Leave campaign overlooked which equals roughly 5 years worth of net contributions.
So not only will leaving hurt us economically but we have to pay for leaving.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Hillman avenger wrote:Two options
Pay
Pay after being told to by a court. Which will cost millions more.
The money is determined in the EU treaty and covers our obligations for commitments the EU had made while we were members.
Another small detail the Leave campaign overlooked which equals roughly 5 years worth of net contributions.
So not only will leaving hurt us economically but we have to pay for leaving.

I would work a payment out on net contributions since the introduction of the Euro or better still from when the EEC became the EU (1993) to determine a severance agreement, whilst both parties forfilled their obligations up to 5 years.

Bit like every other messy divorce in the history of the World.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I wonder what the EU think will happen with Ireland? The UK is not going to put a customs union between Northern Ireland and the rest of the country. How they think that is a workable solution fuck knows.

Whilst I personally think a walk away position would be bad for us I can't see any movement on Ireland therefore any movement on an agreement.

I could be wrong but I do sense they EU are trying to force a failed deal in the hope of a 2nd vote. Which is rather dumb.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Fug1 wrote:I would work a payment out on net contributions since the introduction of the Euro or better still from when the EEC became the EU (1993) to determine a severance agreement, whilst both parties forfilled their obligations up to 5 years.

The payment is based on the UKs budget commitments prior to the Brexit vote.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Vespa wrote:
Fug1 wrote:I would work a payment out on net contributions since the introduction of the Euro or better still from when the EEC became the EU (1993) to determine a severance agreement, whilst both parties forfilled their obligations up to 5 years.

The payment is based on the UKs budget commitments prior to the Brexit vote.

I know what it is, and it's absolute kack and why as it stands we should leave with no deal.

Tell me Vespa, how come the bureaucrats haven't devised a protocol for leaving the EU either voluntarily or by expulsion?

Surely that would make sense. (Article 50 is very vague).

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Article 50 does that.
No doubt if there had been a 300-page manual we would have debated each word and line.
Since no-one else has left, it doesn't seem it was worth the trouble.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I don’t get the disgust or surprise from the red tops about the kicking May received yesterday. The EU clearly weren’t going to accept the Chequers arrangement as a tax collection for them.

No doubt, May’s going to paint herself as hard done by and the Brexiteers are going to spin the situation as showing that the other leaders have it in for us. No shit. Just out of interest, does everyone who is on the leave side expect yesterday to be all flowers and kisses? We’ve tried to dump on the EU and we’ve got shafted back. Tusk, Juncker, Macron told us what they thought of us. Are we genuinely surprised? Should be not be applauding them for their honesty instead of pretending all was good?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Vespa wrote:I wonder what the EU think will happen with Ireland? The UK is not going to put a customs union between Northern Ireland and the rest of the country. How they think that is a workable solution fuck knows.

Whilst I personally think a walk away position would be bad for us I can't see any movement on Ireland therefore any movement on an agreement.

I could be wrong but I do sense they EU are trying to force a failed deal in the hope of a 2nd vote. Which is rather dumb.

Either that or force a General Election which would probably be that second vote.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

kancutlawns wrote:I don’t get the disgust or surprise from the red tops about the kicking May received yesterday. The EU clearly weren’t going to accept the Chequers arrangement as a tax collection for them.

No doubt, May’s going to paint herself as hard done by and the Brexiteers are going to spin the situation as showing that the other leaders have it in for us. No shit. Just out of interest, does everyone who is on the leave side expect yesterday to be all flowers and kisses? We’ve tried to dump on the EU and we’ve got shafted back. Tusk, Juncker, Macron told us what they thought of us. Are we genuinely surprised? Should be not be applauding them for their honesty instead of pretending all was good?

Pointless even trying, Theresa May is awful.

It's either Leave no deal or stay in the EU.

That is how it has been since the day we voted to leave, all we have done is waste time, money and effort.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Hillman avenger wrote:Article 50 does that.
No doubt if there had been a 300-page manual we would have debated each word and line.
Since no-one else has left, it doesn't seem it was worth the trouble.

Greenland originally joined the then-European Communities with Denmark in 1973. At that time Greenland had no autonomy from Denmark, which it gained in 1979. ... Greenland left in 1985, following a referendum in 1982 with 53% voting for withdrawal after a dispute over fishing rights.

https://www.politico.eu/article/greenla ... s-denmark/

That article above written a week before our referendum.

kinda tells you everything you need to know about the racket we are dealing with doesn't it.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Do we really want to be dealing with these cunts.
Accept no deal and take the hit.
We can then sleep at night
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

delboy1983 wrote:Do we really want to be dealing with these cunts.
Accept no deal and take the hit.
We can then sleep at night

I have to agree Del, The EU will not accept any deal with the UK, and to be honest I don't see why they should, couple that with the hopeless Mrs May and the inability of anyone in this Country to agree on anything, just wasting time and hot air.

Leave or Don't leave, should've done that years ago, hang on a minute I thought that was what we did!!