Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: Great twitter posts of our time

Post by Ralph »

Vespa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Ralph wrote:I said they were friends.

Based on him invited Banks to a speaking gig?

On the basis he invited him to give a speech for his private dining club & told him it was an opportunity to raise funds for Leave.EU.

You have a low bar for friendship.

Maybe. Would Arron Banks have agreed to be interviewed by Andrew Neil? I very much doubt it.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Ralph wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Vespa wrote:

On the basis he invited him to give a speech for his private dining club & told him it was an opportunity to raise funds for Leave.EU.

Maybe. Would Arron Banks have agreed to be interviewed by Andrew Neil? I very much doubt it.

If they were friends as you claim why not?

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Vespa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Vespa wrote:

If they were friends as you claim why not?

I’m not suggesting they’re so close Andrew Neil couldn’t do his job. Or that Arron Banks could ask him to go easy. He must interview people he’s friendly with all the time. He’s part of the Westminster village.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

This arsehole donated £400k to a remain cause after it was decided we are going to leave. Any views on it, or is it yet another case of it's ok as long as you're doing it?
A man who described what a wonderful sight it was seeing people forced to flee their homes in total fear because a marauding murderous army was coming to kill them. No wonder he's on the side he is. Seeing all those kids who subsequently starved to death or were brutally murdered in concentration camps must have made his day.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... t-campaign

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

I’m don’t like billionaires using their money to influence politics no matter which side they’re on.

The Leave campaign, which ludicrously claims to be anti establishment, has a long list of billionaires funding it + at least one hostile foreign state (Putin’s Russia) whose only reason for supporting Brexit is to damage Britain.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Ralph wrote:I’m don’t like billionaires using their money to influence politics no matter which side they’re on.

The Leave campaign, which ludicrously claims to be anti establishment, has a long list of billionaires funding it + at least one hostile foreign state (Putin’s Russia) whose only reason for supporting Brexit is to damage Britain.

And the leave side had the richest funding of all courtesy of our own taxpayers' money being used to propagandise just one side.

It seems the remain camp do not believe the leave campaign should have had any funding at all.

Perhaps they could ban it next time like they want everything banned they disagree with?

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:
Ralph wrote:I’m don’t like billionaires using their money to influence politics no matter which side they’re on.

And the leave side had the richest funding of all courtesy of our own taxpayers' money being used to propagandise just one side.

It seems the remain camp do not believe the leave campaign should have had any funding at all.

Perhaps they could ban it next time like they want everything banned they disagree with?

Not from the Russian state they shouldn’t.

Let’s not pretend Leave were plucky underdogs. It was bankrolled by some of the richest people in the country.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 99046.html

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

But not as well bankrolled as the side funded by that bottomless pit called taxpayers money eh Ralph?

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:But not as well bankrolled as the side funded by that bottomless pit called taxpayers money eh Ralph?

Both sides got hundreds of thousand in taxpayers’ money to run their campaigns. Only one side was backed by the Russian taxpayer.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

eh? £9million is not hundreds of thousands. Also the EU spends hundreds of millions self promoting. It now wants to spend in the billions for something which is less and less popular by the day.

The one sidedness of the funding is astonishing - yet they still lost.

And the Russian involvement is an accusation not fact. What is a fact is it is yet more sour grapes from sore losers.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Rachel's feed is a gold mine

Vespa