Great twitter posts of our time

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Holden Mcgroyne

Re: Great twitter posts of our time

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Ralph wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Ralph wrote:Andrew Neil is a friend of Arron Banks & they have similar political views, so it’s no surprise he thinks it’s a good idea to provide him with a platform to refute allegations made against him & rubbish an investigation.

It’s a bizarre decision by BBC management. Andrew Marr is not a tough or forensic interviewer. Not even his best friends would claim that.

Would Banks do an interview with Jeremy Paxman or even someone like Eddie Mair? Doubt it. Seems like he’s picked his interviewer carefully. A soft interviewer who’s expressed pro Brexit views.

The BBC don’t generally provide a platform to people under investigation. What next - Andrew Marr interviews Harvey Weinstein?

The BBC is the establishment’s broadcaster & it’s showing more than ever.

Any specific and irrefutable evidence of that ?

He invited Arron Banks to speak to the members of his exclusive dining club & pointed out there would be lots of people willing to donate to Leave.EU.

Andrew Neil hasn’t denied it so.....

So no evidence he shares the same views or is a friend.
There's no poem, just prose.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Well I'm no mind reader but apparently you are so that must be right.

I'll take a guess instead. Maybe he's interested in preserving Russia in the manner Russians actually like rather than the complete destruction of national identity all other European leaders prefer with dismantled borders and a human free for all, which is what makes him a pariah to these people. I respect him for that - immensely, because the idea of Brexit is in many ways to do the same.

Maybe he has reciprocal respect for us too, other than what we're told. Maybe he'd like a trade deal given the amount of Russian money welcomed into the UK economy. Maybe a lot of things.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Ralph wrote:Andrew Neil is a friend of Arron Banks & they have similar political views, so it’s no surprise he thinks it’s a good idea to provide him with a platform to refute allegations made against him & rubbish an investigation.

It’s a bizarre decision by BBC management. Andrew Marr is not a tough or forensic interviewer. Not even his best friends would claim that.

Would Banks do an interview with Jeremy Paxman or even someone like Eddie Mair? Doubt it. Seems like he’s picked his interviewer carefully. A soft interviewer who’s expressed pro Brexit views.

The BBC don’t generally provide a platform to people under investigation. What next - Andrew Marr interviews Harvey Weinstein?

He invited Arron Banks to speak to the members of his exclusive dining club & pointed out there would be lots of people willing to donate to Leave.EU.

Indeed. What makes this even more of a scandal is the left never have any mutual associations whereby they meet with like-minded people at all do they?

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:

:D

OK Holden. He invited Arron Banks to raise funds at his exclusive dining club for Leave.EU because he doesn’t like him & is an ardent Remainer.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:

Indeed. What makes this even more of a scandal is the left never have any mutual associations whereby they meet with like-minded people at all do they?

Who said it was a scandal? Not me.

Holden’s taken exception to me saying they were friends who both support Brexit.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

So what?
Andrew Neil is entitled to have friends and an opinion on anything he likes.

What you mean is it's an opinion you don't like.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

^ Corbyn has a few sinister relationships within his party of committed anti-semites which are a little bit more worrying than knowing Aaron Banks

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:Well I'm no mind reader but apparently you are so that must be right.

I'll take a guess instead. Maybe he's interested in preserving Russia in the manner Russians actually like rather than the complete destruction of national identity all other European leaders prefer with dismantled borders and a human free for all, which is what makes him a pariah to these people. I respect him for that - immensely, because the idea of Brexit is in many ways to do the same.

Maybe he has reciprocal respect for us too, other than what we're told. Maybe he'd like a trade deal given the amount of Russian money welcomed into the UK economy. Maybe a lot of things.

I don’t have to read his mind. He said the collapse of the USSR was the greatest tragedy of the 20th Century.

Putin isn’t on your side. You’re attaching views to him he doesn’t have. His only interest is causing as much chaos as he can in countries like the UK.

He’s an ex KGB officer who thinks the wrong side lost the Cold War & as Russian President is doing his best to reignite it.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

m4rkb wrote:^ Corbyn has a few sinister relationships within his party of committed anti-semites which are a little bit more worrying than knowing Aaron Banks

Just a few :)
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Ralph wrote: OK Holden. He invited Arron Banks to raise funds at his exclusive dining club for Leave.EU because he doesn’t like him & is an ardent Remainer.

No he didn't. He invited Banks to debate a remainer to a political nerds dinner club, where some of those nerds offered to donate. It wasn't a fundraiser, it was a dinner club.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Dare to suggest that Corbyn inviting terrorists to meetings and calling them friends means he supports them and it's a disgraceful smear. Seems it's fine to do it to Brillo though (except he didn't even specifically call Banks a friend)
There's no poem, just prose.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Vespa wrote:
Ralph wrote: OK Holden. He invited Arron Banks to raise funds at his exclusive dining club for Leave.EU because he doesn’t like him & is an ardent Remainer.

No he didn't. He invited Banks to debate a remainer to a political nerds dinner club, where some of those nerds offered to donate. It wasn't a fundraiser, it was a dinner club.

Didn’t say it was a fundraiser. According to Banks he told him it would be an opportunity for him to raise funds. You keep arguing against things I haven’t said. I didn’t say they were “top chums” either. I said they were friends.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Ralph wrote:I said they were friends.

Based on him invited Banks to a speaking gig?

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Vespa wrote:

On the basis he invited him to give a speech for his private dining club & told him it was an opportunity to raise funds for Leave.EU.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Ralph wrote:
Vespa wrote:

On the basis he invited him to give a speech for his private dining club & told him it was an opportunity to raise funds for Leave.EU.

You have a low bar for friendship.