Is there any normal politicians?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: Is there any normal politicians?

Post by m4rkb »

Basualdo wrote:A 'normal' politician is a self serving, grasping, power hungry, paranoid sociopath who in ordinary society would be shunned as the weirdos you keep your children away from.

The old hoary myth of a young dedicated, principled young tyro throwing himself into the hurly burly tedium of the political maelstrom, fiercely intent in bettering the lot of the people and/or nation, is just that. A myth.
And one deseminated by those very same greedy incompetents and crooks that loot the public's pocket at every available opportunity. Sure there may have been the odd one or two naïfs who stumbled into this clusterfuck full of bright eyed innocence and good intent. But they soon got any stupid ideas of working for the public good arsefucked out of them (figuratively and, probably, literally) by their older peers in the headlong scurry to lucratively suck at someone's teat (figuratively and, probably, literally)

Politicians in this country NEVER die in poverty or prison. No matter how heinous their crimes. And they do not die as often as they should. No conseqences for them, no siree bob, not our betters and masters.

I despise every one of them, though some far more than others.

That's a brilliant post.

The way I see it is this. Most politicians come into politics first of all thinking they are there to make a difference and shortly after that that difference turns out to be the standard of living they had before compared to later. Politicians who seem to be on the rise are the worst for this.

I'd much sooner have politicians who are so well off there is no way they would gain from striking the kinds of deals they do to make them super rich courtesy of selling out those who elected them.

When they accused Trump of being in it for the money, he reminded them all he doesn't need the money as he earns half a billions dollars a year anyway.

The next lot are hereditary peers, many of whom are rich enough not to need the money and make their decisions based on the good of the country compared to someone who would sell their own mother for a profit.

The current narrative is we need to select people from poor backgrounds as they understand the plight of the poor for the first couple of months before they say fuck them what do you want me to say or support so I can line my own pocket and leave that bunch of lowlife behind.

carcinogen

Re: Is there any normal politicians?

Post by carcinogen »

I'm all for 'Marshall Law' quite frankly. Politicians are not fit for purpose. Arm the public. Let's just sort this mess out. Survival of the fittest. We need to weed out the weak.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.