Knife crime

In-depth debate on all topical issues
VeritasVincit

Knife crime

Post by VeritasVincit »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... on-doctors

This proposal to stagger school finishing times has been proposed by those who have no idea.
My experience in schools, where there was occasionally trouble outside, tells me that if school A finishes early, it just gives the thug element time to get down to school B to wait outside.
Not the solution.

Vespa

Re: Knife crime

Post by Vespa »

That article isn't saying it happens outside the school.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Vespa wrote:That article isn't saying it happens outside the school.

Quite. But given the timing proposed, it could well do.
When our neighbouring school had an earlier finish, they could get down to wait for our lot. This of course was quite some time ago before knives were commonly used.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

VeritasVincit wrote:
Vespa wrote:That article isn't saying it happens outside the school.

Quite. But given the timing proposed, it could well do.
When our neighbouring school had an earlier finish, they could get down to wait for our lot. This of course was quite some time ago before knives were commonly used.

They are simply saying there is a correlation between thousands of teenage boys leaving school at the same time and stabbings. That's hardly a controversial statement.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The only thing staggering school leaving times will do is increase school run traffic congestion time. They haven't got a clue how to combat this shit.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

VeritasVincit wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... on-doctors

This proposal to stagger school finishing times has been proposed by those who have no idea.
My experience in schools, where there was occasionally trouble outside, tells me that if school A finishes early, it just gives the thug element time to get down to school B to wait outside.
Not the solution.

This is the level of brainpower we have been left with to sort out important issues.
Too fucking stupid to know how stupid their suggestion is but I bet the people on this panel tick every PC box going.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote:The only thing staggering school leaving times will do is increase school run traffic congestion time. They haven't got a clue how to combat this shit.

I'm sure they'll pass another law limiting how normal, non-stabby, people can buy knives. It's the typical response, or they'll up the jail sentence .... again.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

ImageImage

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:

Not the solution.

This is the level of brainpower we have been left with to sort out important issues.
Too fucking stupid to know how stupid their suggestion is but I bet the people on this panel tick every PC box going.

The local Catholic secondary school used to finish half a hour after we did. That gave us ampke time to set up ambushes for their buses, especially when they had to drive near our school. The local boy's grammar school used to finish at the same time. They used to shite bricks when we arrived at the bus station. 8)
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Basualdo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

Not the solution.

The local Catholic secondary school used to finish half a hour after we did. That gave us ampke time to set up ambushes for their buses, especially when they had to drive near our school. The local boy's grammar school used to finish at the same time. They used to shite bricks when we arrived at the bus station. 8)

You'd never have guessed or seen that one coming would you.

Perhaps we should put the solution in the hands of primary school children as it's obvious they are far more intelligent than the ones who we pay to sort this out.

As another suggestion, maybe we ought to consider arming all schoolkids with knives and guns so they can protect themselves.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

Not the solution.

The local Catholic secondary school used to finish half a hour after we did. That gave us ample time to set up ambushes for their buses, especially when they had to drive near our school. The local boy's grammar school used to finish at the same time. They used to shite bricks when we arrived at the bus station. 8)

You'd never have guessed or seen that one coming would you.

Perhaps we should put the solution in the hands of primary school children as it's obvious they are far more intelligent than the ones who we pay to sort this out.

As another suggestion, maybe we ought to consider arming all schoolkids with knives and guns so they can protect themselves.

To be honest the time difference had nothing to do with security, its just that Catholic secondary schools always finished at 4 and State schools at half 3. It was always that way.

Our area was (& is) overwhelmingly Prod and the local RC school had to get pupils from the outskirts of Belfast, the north of county Down and most of the Ards peninsula to survive. Even now its one of the very few - maybe the only - RC run school in NI to have a non Catholic majority of pupils. So they had a huge fleet of buses available to stone.

They eventually had to relax their entry criteria to survive.

Its did them well though as they are and always were a very good school with a great educational reputation. I know loyalists who send their kids there. The joke is that theyve left their 'saint' out at the school entrance sign.

My old alma mater on the other hand, after an amalgamation with the local girls secondary and a move to a tremendous new location and facilities, still churn out the highest standard of drug dealer and gutter crawler in the whole of east Ulster.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Compulsory abortion would be another solution but you'd never get it through over there with such religious sappery.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

http://talkradio.co.uk/news/whats-worse ... tland-yard#

^ An ex Yard detective here explaining how modern recruits see stop and search as racist. There's a surprise.

He also goes on to say the Police don't want to recruit ex services types. Maybe they object too much when they have to stand there with painted nails and rainbow coloured high heels in solidarity with the trans-freak community.

This is what you get when you recruit from academia, people who know fuck all while at the same time knowing it all.

Yet another problem where the real problem is the people in charge of finding the solution.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The millennial and post-millennial generations will fuck this place up for good.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:The millennial and post-millennial generations will fuck this place up for good.

Almost correct. They are the unfortunate and unsuspecting puppets of those who will really fuck us up.
They'll all say why didn't anyone tell us when it properly goes tits up to which we'll reply we tried but you wanted us all silenced for hate speech.