BBC bias regarding Brexit and other matters

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: BBC bias regarding Brexit and other matters

Post by Vespa »

Ooh Christian arguments.

Unlike the Church of England's political influence, I can opt out of the BBC whenever I want.

Gregory Follis

Post by Gregory Follis »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Gregory Follis wrote:
black_guardian wrote:The BBC is as right wing as it has ever been. Look at the air time given to Farage, employing rug wearer Andrew Neil (editor of The Spectator and Murdoch lapdog), funding Michael Portillo's pension by sending him on trains around the world...the list goes on.

If anything, it's mob seem to be desperate for all parties to be centrist again as that's easier to cover and interpret politically.

The BBC have always been left wing. The air time given to the likes of racist Nick Griffin and right wing Nigel farage, is so that they can ridicule them as much as possible. As for Portillo, he is employed because he is an excellent tv presenter, it has absolutely nothing to do with his political views. Why would it be.

Funny how many left-wingers think it is right-wing.
They can't do right can they?
Don't invite Griffin, Farage (don't forget Nuttall) and it's bias. Invite them and it's bias.
Just shows how good they under challenge.Which is, NOT.

I'm not right or left wing, it was just an observation and opinion, and that is the BBC has a clear left agenda, and it's silly to say things like they hire presenters based on their right wing views.
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Gregory Follis wrote: I'm not right or left wing, it was just an observation and opinion, and that is the BBC has a clear left agenda, and it's silly to say things like they hire presenters based on their right wing views.

I've known and worked with BBC employees much to my chagrin. All univeristy educated, Guardian-reading, Waitrose-shopping, smug middle-class cunts. The only reason I ever ended up knowing the tossers was through a gf. She was obviously going through her 'bit of rough working-class big cock' phase. The BBC is most certainly left-of-center. Most of the people who work there have never actually had a job in the realworld. It's all School (or public school) > College > Univeristy (high proportion Oxbridge) > media internship > BBC office junior > full time BBC.
Last edited by carcinogen on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Gregory Follis wrote:I'm not right or left wing, it was just an observation and opinion, and that is the BBC has a clear left agenda, and it's silly to say things like they hire presenters based on their right wing views.

I'm not sure that is correct. Their two most senior political commentators are former chairman of Tory grassroots organisations - Robinson and Neil. Neil runs a Tory fundraising group.

The fact that both Labour and Tory parties twitter on about BBC bias would suggest they are about right.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Vespa wrote:
Gregory Follis wrote:I'm not right or left wing, it was just an observation and opinion, and that is the BBC has a clear left agenda, and it's silly to say things like they hire presenters based on their right wing views.

I'm not sure that is correct. Their two most senior political commentators are former chairman of Tory grassroots organisations - Robinson and Neil. Neil runs a Tory fundraising group.

The fact that both Labour and Tory parties twitter on about BBC bias would suggest they are about right.

MPs, left or right, have no political agenda. The only agenda they have is feathering their own nests and appearing on television in order to massage their ego. I think you give far to0 much credit to MPs by suggesting they have any sense of political awareness or indeed morality. The BBC is far more of a political agenda-setting propaganda machine than parliament is.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

carcinogen wrote:
Vespa wrote:

MPs, left or right, have no political agenda. The only agenda they have is feathering their own nests and appearing on television in order to massage their ego. I think you give far to0 much credit to MPs by suggesting they have any sense of political awareness or indeed morality. The BBC is far more of a political agenda-setting propaganda machine than parliament is.

We have heard at length about your opinions of politicians.
This, though, is just plain absurd.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Hillman avenger wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Vespa wrote:

We have heard at length about your opinions of politicians.
This, though, is just plain absurd.

So what? Who cares mate.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Whatever anyones opinion of the BBC, we can all agree on they gave Jimmy Saville a platform to rape children and corpses while their employees were aware of it. And Employed Jon Peel while he was married to a child.

Filthy, disgusting company based on noncing, the most revolting organisation in this country. And they expect us to believe that just suddenly stopped when they were caught out.

Bullshit.
Build Back More Betterer

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Eaststand wrote:Whatever anyones opinion of the BBC, we can all agree on they gave Jimmy Saville a platform to rape children and corpses while their employees were aware of it. And Employed Jon Peel while he was married to a child.

Filthy, disgusting company based on noncing, the most revolting organisation in this country. And they expect us to believe that just suddenly stopped when they were caught out.

Bullshit.

No we can't all agree.
Saville was never actually employed by the BBC and most of his crimes were at the LGI and Stoke Madeville. Why are they never mentioned?
And what a ridiculous claim it is "based on noncing"
Grow up.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Whatever anyones opinion of the BBC, we can all agree on they gave Jimmy Saville a platform to rape children and corpses while their employees were aware of it. And Employed Jon Peel while he was married to a child.

Bullshit.

No we can't all agree.
Saville was never actually employed by the BBC and most of his crimes were at the LGI and Stoke Madeville. Why are they never mentioned?
And what a ridiculous claim it is "based on noncing"
Grow up.

Said no BBC employee ever.
Build Back More Betterer

subsub

Post by subsub »

Bullshit.

What a bizarre comment.
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Not really.

Have you forgotten operation yewtree.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:Not really.

Have you forgotten operation yewtree.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

To describe the BBC as a "filthy, disgusting company based on noncing" I would say is bizarre.
WOKE AND PROUD

Gregory Follis

Post by Gregory Follis »

What is strange is the lengths some people will go to defend the BBC, whether that relates to their obvious political bias or their lack of actions in the Jimmy Savile and/or Stuart Hall abuse scandal. They are a corrupt and an unfit for purpose organisation.

At least 72 people were sexually abused by Savile in connection with his work at the BBC, including eight victims who were raped. There was also one attempted rape. The youngest rape victim was 10 years old

The offending took place from 1959 to 2006, mostly in the 1970s

The largest number of victims was in connection with Savile's work on the BBC's Top of the Pops programme

Like Savile, former BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall was a serial sexual predator, targeting and grooming young girls

Hall abused at least 21 victims, eight of whom were girls under the age of 16. The youngest was 10

Both men used their fame and positions of celebrity to engage in "monstrous behaviour"

The culture of the BBC enabled Savile and Hall's offending to go undetected for decades

The BBC missed at least five opportunities to stop the abuse
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Gregory Follis wrote: The culture of the BBC enabled Savile and Hall's offending to go undetected for decades

The BBC missed at least five opportunities to stop the abuse

If it went undetected how did they have an opportunity to stop it?