BBC bias regarding Brexit and other matters

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Gregory Follis

Re: BBC bias regarding Brexit and other matters

Post by Gregory Follis »

Vespa wrote:
Gregory Follis wrote:Sorry haven't got the time to go back and link them, but they are easy to look up. You could do a search along the lines of 'how the BBC stood by and allowed Savile to go unchecked' or similar.

Not a problem, I bow to your obvious detailed analysis of the report you can't remember the name of.

They were newspaper headlines, not reports, but I'm sure there are reports mentioned in the body of the articles. Look them up if you can be arsed, or don't if you can't, but either way there is no need to bow.
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

The BBC was definitely left during the Thatcher and Blair years but since 2010 there has been a massive editorial shift to the right.

Part of this is reaction to the Cameron govt attempts through John Whittingdale to try and carve it up plus all the Saville scandal fall out.

The news editorial people were all Cameron acolytes in the late 2000s. You see the difference when Nick Griffin was invited in QT his views were exposed for what they were. Farage has been treated much more lightly, the questioning nowhere near as forensic as it should be. The same goes for Boris Johnson. They've been getting a free pass from the BBC.

It is this shift away from detailed questioning that has seen the move from good interrogators like Paxman and Eddie Mair down to the stumbling style of Evan Davis which looks weak by comparison. That plus the regular bigging up of climate change deniers for the sake of "balance".
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

The BBC was criticised for not challenging Nigel Lawson when he talked bollocks about climate change.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:The BBC was criticised for not challenging Nigel Lawson when he talked bollocks about climate change.
Maybe he wasn't talking bollocks? If so, credit to the BBC for not giving it credibility when the facts don't stack up.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Did you hear it? I did.
it was bollocks.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Irony is lost on Aunty isn’t it?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Mrs Browns Boys is the biggest pile of horse shit ever to appear on television. I don't care if the lead is played by a man, woman or a steaming pile of said shit.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:The BBC was criticised for not challenging Nigel Lawson when he talked bollocks about climate change.
Maybe he wasn't talking bollocks? If so, credit to the BBC for not giving it credibility when the facts don't stack up.

His 'facts' didn’t stand up & they failed to challenge him, that was the problem.

The Today Programme has been wrapped over the knuckles twice for letting factual errors from Nigel Lawson go unchallenged. Begs the question why he’s invited on at all to talk about climate change. He’s got no relevant expertise. He’s just a bloke with an opinion.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

carcinogen wrote:Mrs Browns Boys is the biggest pile of horse shit ever to appear on television. I don't care if the lead is played by a man, woman or a steaming pile of said shit.

This is correct
There's no poem, just prose.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Mrs Browns Boys is the biggest pile of horse shit ever to appear on television. I don't care if the lead is played by a man, woman or a steaming pile of said shit.

This is correct

It is complete dog shit and as with Miranda, nothing would compel me to ever change my opinion on it.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Gregory Follis wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Gregory Follis wrote:Sorry haven't got the time to go back and link them, but they are easy to look up. You could do a search along the lines of 'how the BBC stood by and allowed Savile to go unchecked' or similar.

Not a problem, I bow to your obvious detailed analysis of the report you can't remember the name of.

They were newspaper headlines, not reports, but I'm sure there are reports mentioned in the body of the articles. Look them up if you can be arsed, or don't if you can't, but either way there is no need to bow.

correct, it was the Dame Janet Smith Report. Linking a BBC article about it because its kind of funny.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35658398
"BBC Trust chairwoman Rona Fairhead said the corporation had "turned a blind eye, where it should have shone a light".
Ted Beston, Savile's Radio 1 producer, acted as a "provider" of young women for Savile at least once, and "must have realised" some of the girls were under-age - although he denies this - and should have reported it.
Douglas Muggeridge, late controller of Radio 1 and 2 in 1973, launched two investigations into Savile in 1973 but the inquiries were more concerned with "risk of damage to the BBC's reputation" than the welfare of the girls who might be involved with Savile.
Dirty, filthy, fucking cunts, absolutely no chance I would EVER pay the licence fee ever again, despicable revolting organisation which should be wiped off the planet.
Build Back More Betterer

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I wonder if would have received the same backing if he was a right wing sports presenter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... views.html
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:I wonder if would have received the same backing if he was a right wing sports presenter.

Zambo, you quote/reference the Daily Mail a heck of a lot.
This does seem to explain your political views.

(unless you're there primarily to perv at the Sidebar of Shame :smt023 )
WOKE AND PROUD

Monello

Post by Monello »

Zambo wrote:I wonder if would have received the same backing if he was a right wing sports presenter.

No