We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

VeritasVincit

Re: Paedophiles given a million in legal aid

Post by VeritasVincit »

Reg wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote: [note the spelling]

Don’t be so presumptuous - Carc is a former professional sub-editor.

Dare one ask for which publication?

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Forty four arrests made today in respect of ongoing sex abuse inquiry in northern England. The media (and others) are more concerned about a dippy protester being manhandled by a politician. :rolleyes:
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Darkyboy wrote:Forty four arrests made today in respect of ongoing sex abuse inquiry in northern England. The media (and others) are more concerned about a dippy protester being manhandled by a politician. :rolleyes:

I agree.
I could only find reports of the arrests in The Independent, RTE, Evening Standard, the Star, Daily Mail, Guardian, and on BBC, ITV, SKY sites,
Typically the Sun and Express seem to be ignoring the arrests, unless it's burried in 'other news'.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

delboy1983 wrote:Father Ted fan!!

Ah, well that's actually not a documentary. I've noticed actually that a lot of priests now are Polish or African due to our dumbing down and heathenisation programs.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

subsub

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Forty four arrests made today in respect of ongoing sex abuse inquiry in northern England. The media (and others) are more concerned about a dippy protester being manhandled by a politician. :rolleyes:

I agree.
I could only find reports of the arrests in The Independent, RTE, Evening Standard, the Star, Daily Mail, Guardian, and on BBC, ITV, SKY sites,
Typically the Sun and Express seem to be ignoring the arrests, unless it's burried in 'other news'.

:lol: :lol:
:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Interesting, on a day where the catholic church has been mentioned in most news reports for historic paedophile atrocities going back to the 1930s (if I heard correctly), yet the few times I heard a mention of the kirklees abuses, there was a certain lack of background detail, - so I'm guessing these abusers weren't catholics?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

VeritasVincit wrote:

I agree.

The difference is in "finding" the reports. You would think they would be headline news, but the headlines were made by a "campaigner" being manhandled. That seems to concern some people, whereas mass sexual abuse of children doesn't.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Is there a possibility that the arrests are not headline news everywhere because little has been announced. There are no names, details of the offences and no mention of ethnic origins of those arrested and, as yet, no charges.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

VeritasVincit wrote:Is there a possibility that the arrests are not headline news everywhere because little has been announced. There are no names, details of the offences and no mention of ethnic origins of those arrested and, as yet, no charges.

Yes, I appreciate that details were scarce. But given that the arrests are part of a large-scale inquiry, you would think that the news would have merited headline status.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Darkyboy wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:Is there a possibility that the arrests are not headline news everywhere because little has been announced. There are no names, details of the offences and no mention of ethnic origins of those arrested and, as yet, no charges.

Yes, I appreciate that details were scarce. But given that the arrests are part of a large-scale inquiry, you would think that the news would have merited headline status.

It was probably moved down the page to make room for the story of Boris having words with his mistress.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

VeritasVincit wrote:It was probably moved down the page to make room for the story of Boris having words with his mistress.

Or even more importantly , how well Meghan is fitting back into her pre-preg dresses after popping her sprog.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:It was probably moved down the page to make room for the story of Boris having words with his mistress.

Or even more importantly , how well Meghan is fitting back into her pre-preg dresses after popping her sprog.

Quite so.
I was agog to know those details.